Kick by Evolv - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Kick by Evolv

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by hawkizefan View Post
    Nice little box mods. I like the top one. Could you tell me about it........and then make me 1..
    Sorry, gotta make your own

Here is a nice PDF of how to build one of Mamu's designs
    http://www.howder.com/dena_howto.pdf
    I built this in a 3xAA box minus the volt meter.

That top pic is a "boosted" VV mod (like the Provari or LavaTube ... with one bat) instead of a "regulated" VV mod (like the BuzzPro or IPro ... with two bats)
    Mamu's PDF is a regulated VV mod.
    Last edited by tj99959; 03-08-2012 at 06:58 PM.
    http://www.casaa.org/images/9974739e5e33027c7244f0b4518d5a2d.jpg

ECF Guru ECF Veteran hawkizefan's Avatar

That is awesome...thanks for the info. I'm jealous of you guys that can do that. I can build you a house..from pouring the footings to putting on the ridge cap and everything in between (just minor elec. And plumbing I admit), but everything else. Framing, drywall, paint-wallpaper,trim...you name it. I'm very "handy". But for some reason electronics just seem to baffle me a bit. I admit that I haven't made a concerted effort to learn....guess I should because I know I would enjoy creating something similar to what you've done.

Again thanks for sharing that.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Where are they selling the kick? I keep seeing people who say they have them but find no where that sells them. I think maybe they were released and sold out while I was in the hospital but I want to get a hold of one.
    Low resistance is futile!

ita
    Full Member Verified Member
    Registered Reviewer/Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by FriedLiverAtack View Post
    Where are they selling the kick? I keep seeing people who say they have them but find no where that sells them. I think maybe they were released and sold out while I was in the hospital but I want to get a hold of one.
    I got mine from Super T Manufacturing, but they're out of stock now.

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    ECF Veteran

Here is a list of dlrs that carry the Evolv products
    Shop Now Evolv
    http://www.casaa.org/images/9974739e5e33027c7244f0b4518d5a2d.jpg

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Blog Entries

For those who haven't got a Kick yet, keep trying. I assure you they are worth their price. For what the Kick has done for my silver bullet (that has been shelved for about a year now), I'd have paid double for it!!!
    tj99959 likes this.

ECF Veteran

Ok I just got my kick today and I haven't even got to try it out yet. But by DC carts don't play well with the kick from my understanding. And it makes sense. Could just be the way it is "reading" the resistance. It is recommended not to use DC carts.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tj99959 View Post
    When you put two resistors in series the total resistance increases, when you put them in parallel the total resistance decreases.
    Here's how it works; if you force a set amount of water through one 5/8in hose it will be at a higher pressure than if you are forcing it through two 5/8in hoses sitting side by side.

Most of my mods are just ugly black battery boxes on the outside that look something like this on the inside. (this is one that I've made a couple of coppies of)

Then again, some are as simple as this.
    Ok so question of you know how to draw a diagram of that box that would be awesome. I need on just to base off of. I don't have my electrical books from school and can't remember some things. But looks good bro

Super Member* ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by bemorphy View Post
    WHen you hook batteries up in series, like two 6 volt batteries, you get 12 volts, but the current stays the same.

When you hook the same up in parallel, the voltage stays the same, but the current increases.

So, with two coils, there must be more resistance. Just like running a dsl cable 100 feet into the back yard, you will lose signal and may not work at all with the added length of wire resistance.

Hey tj would love to see your mods.
    you mean the current RATING, right? just to clarify so nobody is confused. Parallel batts of equal voltage will give you twice the mAh available, so double the longevity.
    Well with the dual coil, the coils are in parallel, so they drop in resistance by half, but the problem is, heating up two 3ohm coils requires more energy than just one. which is why the "series resistance" seen by the batt is 1.5Ohm, but since the coils are 3 ohms for example, they have way more windings than a 1.5ohm, so they need more power to get hot, but they are more robust and have a higher surface area to conduct the heat to (the filler/eliquid). Thats what makes them kinda weird for things like darwin/evolv that sense series impedence. Also, counterintuitively, as wire heats up, the resistance goes up a bit, and the evolv/darwin thinks the coil is in series with VDD and GND, as a 1.5ohm (which is a lot less lenth of coil than a 3ohm). That explains basically the issue with dual/triple coils. They still work, to a certain extent, but you really need more than 10W for most of them. Like if I wanted to power a dual coil 1.5 ohm (3ohm//3ohm), on a 6V mod, I would need 4 amps, 24 Watts, which is what (i think) the darwin can supply, but the evolv cannot. I plan on making a mod with two kicks or that new device that Evolv is making that can do 24 watts just like the Darwin.
    My gear: NEW Prodigy V3.1 @6v, old Xhaler (second hand), E-Power
    Favorite vendors: Clouds Of Vapor, Alien Visions, Backwoods Brew, Pure Smoker, Avid Vaper, Vapelicious (Ethan's)

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I ordered my kick from nhaler a few days ago just before they went of of stock. I should be getting my SB and kick on Monday if all goes well. I've been sitting here with the SB kick sleeve and no SB - it's killing me!
    payne1226 likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast