Like Tree12Likes

Thread: To kick or not to kick...

Ultra Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Default To kick or not to kick...

I love my new SB. My atty's are at about 2.2 ohm. I'm not quite getting the most out of them at 3.7. Is there an atty at a lower resistance that anyone would reccomend? Or should I go kicked and be done with it?

Thanks in advance!
    tnt56 likes this.

Lokilabs - Odin - the only way to fly!

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Your 2.2Ω atty will produce 7.6 watts on a full charge and only 6.2 watts once voltage drops to 3.7v.
    If you can find a 1.8Ω atty then you will produce 9.3 watts on a full charge and the same 7.6 watts (that you appear to enjoy) once voltage drops to 3.7v. (This is the least expensive route to dial in your sweet spot)

Because of your chosen wattage range, I would recommend a Kick. You can dial in a set-point anywhere between 5 and 10 watts and it won't matter what Ω atty you put on it (you won't be limited to a crappy brand that has the "right" ohms). You will get the same performance from the time you put a fully charged battery on, until it cuts off and needs charging.
    mwdenko likes this.

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by eHuman View Post
    Your 2.2Ω atty will produce 7.6 watts on a full charge and only 6.2 watts once voltage drops to 3.7v.
    If you can find a 1.8Ω atty then you will produce 9.3 watts on a full charge and the same 7.6 watts (that you appear to enjoy) once voltage drops to 3.7v. (This is the least expensive route to dial in your sweet spot)

Because of your chosen wattage range, I would recommend a Kick. You can dial in a set-point anywhere between 5 and 10 watts and it won't matter what Ω atty you put on it (you won't be limited to a crappy brand that has the "right" ohms). You will get the same performance from the time you put a fully charged battery on, until it cuts off and needs charging.
    Thanks for the insight! I appreciate it!

Full Member ECF Veteran

I think your set up would perfect for a kick. I used one and like it a lot.
    mwdenko likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    Registered Reviewer/Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I definitely suggest the Kick. It gives you a ton more flexibility and some protection as well.
    mwdenko likes this.

PV Master ECF Veteran

I've had my SB for almost 2 years now. I bought it long before the Kick was available so I've had to learn how to match atty resistance to voltage to get what I consider the perfect vape. I've been using 1.5 ohm 510 atty's, and 1.7 ohm 901's with an adapter on my SB for a long time and see no need to Kick it. I'm running at over 10 watts with this setup so I get a pretty strong vape. I buy my atty's in bulk here,

Vapor Kings Bulk 901 1.7 ohm LR Atty 10 pack

Vapor Kings Bulk 510 1.5 ohm LR Atty 10 pack
    mwdenko likes this.
    Hardware: Tesla, Vamo v3, Silver Bullet @ 3.7v, Omega @ 3.7v, a pile of 3.7v boxmods. I'm a diehard, old school dripper. There aren't many of us left anymore, too bad because that's how you get the cleanest, tastiest vape.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Kick and be done. It can't hurt to have one.

Then you can tell me how it works because I'm thinking of getting one for my Touchwood.
    mwdenko likes this.

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Thanks!

Next time I'm near a Altsmoke I'll pick one up!

Probably pick up some low resistance as well!

PV Master Verified Member
    Registered Reviewer/Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cskent View Post
    I've been using 1.5 ohm 510 atty's, and 1.7 ohm 901's with an adapter on my SB for a long time and see no need to Kick it.
    There are still reasons to use a Kick. Protection is the obvious one. Atomizer resistances can also be inconsistent and dip over time. The Kick compensates for that.

PV Master ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by RPadTV View Post
    There are still reasons to use a Kick. Protection is the obvious one. Atomizer resistances can also be inconsistent and dip over time. The Kick compensates for that.
    I've found that the atty's I get from Vapor Kings are pretty consistent. Occassionally one will meter out around 1.9 to 2.0 ohms and then I'll just stick it on my VV boxmod to get some use out of it. One of the primary reasons to use an SB, at least in my opinion, is simplicity. It's a basic rig that simply works like it should each and every time I push the button. I'm not about to change my setup, afterall it's kept me away from tobacco for a long time now so why mess with success. Others may disagree, but to each their own.
    Hardware: Tesla, Vamo v3, Silver Bullet @ 3.7v, Omega @ 3.7v, a pile of 3.7v boxmods. I'm a diehard, old school dripper. There aren't many of us left anymore, too bad because that's how you get the cleanest, tastiest vape.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast