• 1 Post By Riverboat
  • 1 Post By jSquared
  • 2 Post By Baditude
  • 1 Post By tnt56

Thread: Best Battery

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Best Battery

What is your favorite battery to use in the silver bullet? Just trying to keep the forum active.

Super Member ECF Veteran jSquared's Avatar

Haha! Good effort, garyd! I started off with AW P18650 2600 mAh batteries, but, after repeated recommendations from several well-known members of the forum, I popped an AW IMR 18650 2000 mAh in my SB to see what I'd been missing and I've never looked back!

JJ

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I use no-name garbage batteries in mine. Hits like a sledge hammer.
    qorax likes this.
    Provari, Reo, Nzonic, SilverBullet, Natural, Evic, Bolt, Telescope, Kuwako, eGos, Volts. Mainly RBA Drippers & Novas.
    Vaping since 2009. You have to leave the house to find something worth staying for.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

AW's are proven......2000 mah IMR's
    tnt56 likes this.

Trustfire 2400 mAh PCB - cheap and working good for about 1 1/2 days with Boge 510D LR cartos...
    Ehpro Valkyrie Clone
    Sigelei ZMAX v3 Telescopic || Smok Short Tank || Boge 510D LR Cartomizer || Hangsen Menthol PG 16 mg

Super Member ECF Veteran jSquared's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vap0r83 View Post
    Trustfire 2400 mAh PCB - cheap and working good for about 1 1/2 days with Boge 510D LR cartos...
    I'm sure Baditude will have something to say about that...
    Baditude likes this.

PV Master ECF Veteran

I started off with the generic ones Altsmoke used to sell and they worked pretty good, tried the AW IMR's when those wore out but they didn't last long enough for me before voltage dropped off. Now I'm on the Efest Li-ion's, we'll see how they do. For now they're great but I've only been using this pair for about a month.

I'd have put the links but the Altsmoke website is down right now.
    Hardware: Tesla, Vamo v3, Silver Bullet @ 3.7v, Omega @ 3.7v, a pile of 3.7v boxmods. I'm a diehard, old school dripper. There aren't many of us left anymore, too bad because that's how you get the cleanest, tastiest vape.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jSquared View Post
    I'm sure Baditude will have something to say about that...
    You've seen my pic of the protected Trustfire that vented and melted in my BB.

Name:  Trustfire2.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  4.5 KB

The reason the battery hard-shorted was my user error, but it was an eye-opening experience that convinced me to not trust any battery with the name "fire" in it, and to switch to AW brand, IMR safe chemistry batteries for all of my regulated and unregulated mods.

The Li Ion batteries use a volatile chemistry and therefore require some form of protection circuits. I don't put much faith into those little circuits they put on the protected batteries. A Vape Safe mod fuse would be much more effective. However, I think there is a better solution. IMR batteries.

Li Mn batteries have a less voltatile chemistry and are less likely to explode or cause a fire.

Safety should be every vapor's number one priority. Quality batteries are the most important item that we use in vaping; without a charged battery our PV's are useless. Batteries also have the most potential to be dangerous devices capable of exploding or at the very least venting hot gasses capable of burns or property damage. Think about how many times a day we bring these batteries to our face. Are you really going to trust that cheapo no-name battery you bought off of E-Bay up in your face hundreds of times a day? I'm not the best looking guy around, but I kinda like having all of my teeth and jaw in one piece.

My suggestion is to not skimp on using the better batteries and use AW or Panasonic. It's well documented that these are the best, easily acquired batteries to us. Also don't skimp on a high quality battery charger. Pila, Xtar, and Nitecore are considered the top three brands. RTD Vapor is a popular reputable vendor for all your battery needs: http://rtdvapor.com/

Some good references on batteries:

Rechargeable Batteries

Warning - rechargeable batteries for APVs

Mechanical Mod Proper Usage Guide

PV Master* Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Had a co-worker go through the same thing with an ultra FIRE battery. no pics so I guess it didn't happen. The hot spring didn't give up like it should have. IMHO. Either way I'll just stay with AW brand.
    Baditude likes this.
    Started vaping on 09/05/2012
    If I stumble and fall, I will get back up. I will never ever give up!