When to change battery?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Baditude

Thread: When to change battery?

Default When to change battery?

Is it unsafe to run your batteries to dead? I saw a video that made me think this might be the case. When do you change your batteries on the SB?

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I have noticed and it may be coincidence, that I will get intermittent firing. Usually when I have used it 6-7 hrs with a 490 battery. Plus I cannot hear the coil sizzling the fluid as loud. And also the Vape will diminish somewhat. When I get these signs I pop the batteries out and throw on charger.

I read somewhere here on ecf that you should not run down to dead battery. But if you are running a kick I don't hink the kick will allow a full discharge.
    Protovapor XPV DNA20 x3, XPV DNA30x1
    Silver Bullet x8
    Fazedboxmods budget DNA20

Blog Entries

A fully charged battery will be between 4.1 - 4.2 volts. I tend to use the battery until either the vape becomes noticeably weak or when the delivery device no longer produces vapor. At that point the battery will be around 3.4 - 3.5 volts, not what would be considered a "dead battery" in the strictest sense, but needing a charge back up to full capacity.

With experience you'll learn when the vape becomes weak and know that the battery is low, and that would be the ideal time to switch out your battery. It's always a good idea to have a voltmeter in your vape setup to observe your battery's health by checking the voltage after removing the battery from both your PV and the charger.

Thanks for the info.