Infractions, what are they?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Infractions, what are they?

  1. #1
    Super Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Shiryo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    547

    Question Infractions, what are they?

    I been searching and such, but I think we need a thread regarding infractions and the "point value" of them (not idealistic point, but the points given in them). Just a thread that'll tell you which expire and which do not, etc.
    Retriever and kia2 like this.

  2. #2
    Account closed on request
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,206

    Default

    The only thing I know to do is read the rules and try to follow them. I do, but I still got nailed.

  3. #3
    Super Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Shiryo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    547

    Default

    I understand that, that's why in the poll thread I see you in, I tried to communicate there but was being ignored.

    However, this thread; I just want to make it straight to the point and what not,. I'm on a finer thread than you are and was given a nice taste of the Fatman and Littleboy on my head. Which is why I was hoping they would add what I posted in that thread to the general rules so that no one walks down the same path I did because the rule was not stated in there. I read the rules and check for updates.

    We all know we're apart of a group that gets a lot of heat by the government and it's lame branches. So I try to keep myself on the pro-vape side and far away from the antis. I love this community, I really do. Yes, there is tons of hazing I see between the members here and there and wish people could keep it civil because in the end, we're all fighting against a greater evil. I'd rather keep us all on the same page and not swarming around confused like a anthill that got stomped on by a kid once we see the final verdict on where our equipment stands in the face of society.

    EDIT: I don't mean to get into your business by the way, but the way Classwife explained your status, you have 0 infractions technically.
    Last edited by Shiryo; 04-25-2012 at 04:40 PM.

  4. #4
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Thompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    North of NorCal
    Posts
    1,836

    Default

    We had Infractions on a forum I moderate (until we upgraded the software to XenForo which is a beaut).

    Essentially, from what I remember, is that particular actions that break rules have predetermined amount of points. If you hit the ceiling of points, your automatically banned.

    I think points can wither away, if you don't gather any new ones. IIRC there was a way to set how long they lasted.

    This is assuming its the same VB software and all, and that they are setup even similarly.

    ^check out my half-!%$ed blog^

  5. #5
    Super Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Shiryo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    547

    Default

    Yeah, I want specifics on how many gets you banned for life, what a warning is considered, how many levels are in the points system, when they expire, which ones do not, etc etc.

    Off topic (going against my second reply...): I don't mind VB, i'm more familiar with moderating on phpBB... But I like the layout on VB much better.

  6. #6
    Account closed on request
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiryo View Post
    I understand that, that's why in the poll thread I see you in, I tried to communicate there but was being ignored.

    However, this thread; I just want to make it straight to the point and what not,. I'm on a finer thread than you are and was given a nice taste of the Fatman and Littleboy on my head. Which is why I was hoping they would add what I posted in that thread to the general rules so that no one walks down the same path I did because the rule was not stated in there. I read the rules and check for updates.

    We all know we're apart of a group that gets a lot of heat by the government and it's lame branches. So I try to keep myself on the pro-vape side and far away from the antis. I love this community, I really do. Yes, there is tons of hazing I see between the members here and there and wish people could keep it civil because in the end, we're all fighting against a greater evil. I'd rather keep us all on the same page and not swarming around confused like a anthill that got stomped on by a kid once we see the final verdict on where our equipment stands in the face of society.

    EDIT: I don't mean to get into your business by the way, but the way Classwife explained your status, you have 0 infractions technically.
    Technically, I do have an infraction and it is permanent. You just can't see my profile.

    I agree that the rules need to be fine tuned, along with the penalties. That is for the ones with the ability to create that change to undertake though. Whatever happened, good luck.

  7. #7
    Admin
    ECF Contest Officer
    ECF Store Manager
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    j0ker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    MS Gulf Coast
    Posts
    10,818

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiryo View Post
    I been searching and such, but I think we need a thread regarding infractions and the "point value" of them (not idealistic point, but the points given in them). Just a thread that'll tell you which expire and which do not, etc.

    After I saw your post, I acquired the permission needed to provide you with the information you requested. I have finally completed the posting and you can see it here. You'll notice that the thread is closed for discussion, this is because there's really no discussing the rules. These are created and evolve over time due to the experiences we encounter and they will continue to evolve. I will make an attempt to keep this post as updated as possible.

    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...ml#post5960304

  8. #8
    Super Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Shiryo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    547

    Default

    Clears it up a lot. Thanks a bunch joker. What about having an asterisk next your membership level/rank?

  9. #9
    They call me 'Tibs" Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    tiburonfirst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    back home
    Posts
    18,243

    Default

    joker, would you be able to clarify this:

    ''Attempting to mask your identity by accessing the forums through a proxy server, or misrepresenting your location''.
    ..............

  10. #10
    Retired ECF Forum Manager Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    oldsoldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Lurking in the shadows
    Posts
    12,792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tiburonfirst View Post
    joker, would you be able to clarify this:

    ''Attempting to mask your identity by accessing the forums through a proxy server, or misrepresenting your location''.
    That infraction is used when someone is using a proxy server to try to sneak onto the forum and spam. usually used on oh say people from Shenzhen that put Alabama as their Location and try to sell us that Picante Sauce from New York City..
    tiburonfirst and classwife like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks