threADS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: threADS

Ultra Member Supporting Member WharfRat1976's Avatar

Default threADS

Just curious, how many posts and threads are really threADS by online stores, Ebay sellers, manufacturers and the like.

Some are so shameless and obvious and blatant it's comical. They are so easy to "smell" out.

I think we should post a pic of a yellow duck if we suspect a threAD. (If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck.......)

I think it undermines all credibility to this site in general. I prefer unbiased information.

How about you?

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Probably A LOT fewer than you suspect, ECF doesnt take unregistered suppliers/advertisers lightly, and nearly all of them are dealt with post haste.

Many of the people who regularly "promote" a vendor do so based on positive experiences with that vendor.

For example, if you closely followed some of my recommendations/posts over the last year, you could easily misconstrue my constant recommendations of 101vape as shilling, but that couldn't be further from the truth (obv i also recommend many others but 101 comes up quite often).

I just love the vendor.
    zoiDman, EleanorR, Anjaffm and 2 others like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by CABBA View Post
    Just who do you think you are? Stalin? Or some keyboard warrior, AVE fan boy, Power Ranger wanna be.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran mooreted's Avatar

Not only do the moderators ax those pretty quickly, there are a bunch of people like me that report them the minute we see them. If you see what you think is an ad on the forum, report it.
    zoiDman, EleanorR, Anjaffm and 1 others like this.

Administrator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Moved to Site Feedback and Help.

Quote Originally Posted by mooreted View Post
    Not only do the moderators ax those pretty quickly, there are a bunch of people like me that report them the minute we see them. If you see what you think is an ad on the forum, report it.
    This.

Unregistered suppliers are dealt with quickly. Registered suppliers are not permitted to post anything about their business outside the supplier related forums. Generally, most of the chatter seen about the various companies come from the membership due to their interaction with those companies.

If you suspect a post is by an unregistered supplier, report it. What we don't want to see is the membership jumping into the thread making accusations that are unwarranted. That includes posting pictures of certain types of waterfowl.

Super Member Verified Member

I do not put up spontaneous posts extolling my local B&M store but if someone asks about a good store in my area I will point them out. I also try to point out in the all local stores are slime threads that I have a good experience at mine, usually do not mention the name in those.

I have no strong feelings about online vendors. It is usually a question of who has what I am looking for and I have not had an experience that did not meet expectations, long ship times from fasttech are not a problem.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I'm on to you now Wharf.
    Rickajho and readeuler like this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure what you are seeing - this is one of the most heavily policed forums I've ever seen - and I mean that in a good way. Both unregistered supplier posts and shilling are TOS violations, not to forget blatant SPAM. The stuff that the behind the scenes filtering doesn't get the moderators get. The stuff that might get past the filtering or the moderators (we do let them sleep on occasion you know) us minions in the field report and it gets dispatched if the report is genuine. That little triangle thingy to the right of Blog this post? It's there for good reasons.

ECF Moderator ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rickajho View Post
    The stuff that might get past the filtering or the moderators (we do let them sleep on occasion you know) us minions in the field report and it gets dispatched if the report is genuine. That little triangle thingy to the right of Blog this post? It's there for good reasons.
    Excellent point. Yes, the members here are extremely helpful in this regard

. . . wait, we're allowed to sleep?! The bossman never told me about that

ECF Moderator
    CASAA Liaison Moderator
    Team ECF (folding@home)
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

*yawn*

I'm awake, I'm awake.....

Sheesh! Can't a girl get some sleep in here?

Smoke Free Since October 5, 2012 ~The Robinator~
    Join CASAA and be a part of standing up for your right to vape.

Dragon Lady ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by xtwosm0kesx View Post
    Probably A LOT fewer than you suspect, ECF doesnt take unregistered suppliers/advertisers lightly, and nearly all of them are dealt with post haste.

Many of the people who regularly "promote" a vendor do so based on positive experiences with that vendor.
    I agree. Especially when recommending starter sets or liquids to new vapers, I do the same thing.
    Sure, for liquids, you can have 100 vapers = 100 taste preferences. But I usually recommend a vendor where the liquids taste like what it says on the bottle, and not like a chemical factory, if you know what I mean
    Rickajho likes this.
    European Vapers: We need you! Please sign the European Free Vaping Initiative - for all of us!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast