CHIT CHAT in VOLTVILLE - Page 3791
Page 3791 of 3864 FirstFirst ... 2791329136913741378137873788378937903791379237933794379538013841 ... LastLast
Results 37,901 to 37,910 of 38634
Like Tree151955Likes

Thread: CHIT CHAT in VOLTVILLE

Double Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

@ "Rave" - If I could "like" your post more then once I would a +1000 times . . . AND - As for seeing "Your" Creations more then once - as "You" know by NOW - No Problem Here "My" Friend . . .

@ "Renolizzie" - Lots of GINGER & some Chineese Hot Mustard - VERY GOOD ! ! ! Especially when feeling a Cold/Flu coming on - Ginger to settle the stomach and has other properties to help the body and as for the "mustard" think about how it will CLEAR "Your" Sinus' . . . Just Sayin' . . .
    rave, tmcase, SandySu and 2 others like this.

People should seriously stop expecting Normal from "Me" - We all know it's not going to happen.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran 0mg Meniere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SandySu View Post
    0mg, I agree that nonfiction writing is a lot different than fiction because you are supposed to suppress emotion and look at the subject objectively. That can make it harder to express passion.
    Part of the expression of passion is in demonstrating that people interpret what they read based on their past experiences. And there is plenty of material for that! LOL!

When I first got here I was taking a long break to resolve issues in my personal life. When I got back to work, I ripped it apart!! LOL.
    rave, tmcase, Uncle and 3 others like this.
    I am a dollar-a-day vaper and a Vamo lover. I recoil clearo heads and mix my own juice.

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle View Post
    @ "Rave" - If I could "like" your post more then once I would a +1000 times . . . AND - As for seeing "Your" Creations more then once - as "You" know by NOW - No Problem Here "My" Friend . . .

@ "Renolizzie" - Lots of GINGER & some Chineese Hot Mustard - VERY GOOD ! ! ! Especially when feeling a Cold/Flu coming on - Ginger to settle the stomach and has other properties to help the body and as for the "mustard" think about how it will CLEAR "Your" Sinus' . . . Just Sayin' . . .
    Raven really is amazing.

I really like Mexican food for a cold but Chinese is next best!!!! A good hot salsa and some carne asada with soft, delicious corn tortillas, while not a cure, certainly helps when you have a cold.
    rave, tmcase, Uncle and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Renolizzie View Post
    Raven really is amazing.

I really like Mexican food for a cold but Chinese is next best!!!! A good hot salsa and some carne asada with soft, delicious corn tortillas, while not a cure, certainly helps when you have a cold.
    Chinese food can be spicy, too. Maybe that would help.
    Uncle, Renolizzie and celticluvr like this.

Raven really is amazing.

I usually don't like menthol vapes, but for a sore throat it helps. I also have some ginger juice for attacking the sinuses with an atom bomb. Haven't had a cold since February when I started.
    rave, Uncle, SandySu and 1 others like this.
    I am a dollar-a-day vaper and a Vamo lover. I recoil clearo heads and mix my own juice.

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Well, since it is a thirty minute drive to get Mexican food and Hubby drives right by the Chinese place, Chinese it will be

If I feel really crappy tomorrow, I can take myself out to lunch in Fernley where the good Mexican food is.

Quote Originally Posted by 0mg Meniere View Post
    Part of the expression of passion is in demonstrating that people interpret what they read based on their past experiences. And there is plenty of material for that! LOL!

When I first got here I was taking a long break to resolve issues in my personal life. When I got back to work, I ripped it apart!! LOL.
    I can't see how people could interpret what they read NOT based on their past experiences. I think we interpret everything in terms of past experiences. We have expectations of how something will be, and often, that influences how we see it. I think this is a very interesting area of psychology. People only see part of what's there, and then they fill in the gaps from their imagination. Take, for instance, several people who witness a car accident. When the police question them separately about what they saw, each person gives a different version. This is really interesting to me, how people don't really see what is there as much as they see what they expect to see. Memories are distorted the same way. Fascinating stuff! If we can't even remember accurately, what's reality?

* Resident Wood Nymph * Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

So true. That put me in a difficult place. I had to achieve a balance in my writing, since non-fiction requires more objectivity. Fear of harsh criticism, or even retribution made it difficult to express myself. Using my work to discharge my anger, rather than having publication and $$$ kept me going. Finally, I got to a place where I was more sure of myself, the anger went away, the fear dwindled, then I had to face motivational problems. Losing the internet for a few days helped!! Having a picture of Alexander Solzhenitsyn above my desk helps, too.

Anyway, I have work to do. I know exactly what I have to do, and it is boring, so I'll turn my music on.

Oh-- by the way, those pictures are beautiful, and a very good illustration of what you were talking about.
    I can't even imagine how difficult it would be to have writing as your primary method of expression, and then having to write non-fiction. That has to be frustrating. I too admire your fortitude; but, we all do what we have to do. Hang in there.

hangin.gif

I guess we're in agreement, then, that some sort of unrest can motivate the best art. I suppose this is hard for scientists to measure, but those of us who feel a creative urge know it from experience. The fear you felt certainly lends dynamics to your paintings. I especially like the wood duck and alligator. Why? Maybe it's because I see the action and the threat, but it also looks to me like the duck will escape. Thanks for sharing, Rave.
    Oh yeah. The duck escapes, at least for now. See the smile?

I found living in the city and the suburbs really stressful. Living in the country is a lot of work but it does suit me. I always think I should try harder to have friends but apparently I am just not a friends person. I just don't like most people. I do have some exceptions
    How would you have time for friends in the conventional sense with all that you do? You have your hubby, and your critters, and us. If that is fulfilling enough for you, then I don't really see the sense in actively seeking other friendships.

I got the trainer over to the house and he helped me figure out the breeching on the horse. He may have a small bridle and a longer belly band. I'll save a bunch of money and since I'll still need to get a harness for Nevada, that works for me. He was very impressed by little Wiseguy who behaved very nicely while we messed around with the breeching and put all the harness pieces on him. I am also pleased that I have been doing pretty good with setting up the cart. The trainer also thought I had two fine looking horses

Hubby was home since he had a cold so I asked the trainer if he would mind taking a look at how we are doing with Nevada. He helped Hubby get the stud chain on him and then observed while Hubby took the horse out to the round pen. Hubby took the horse over some logs and then ran him around the round pen. The trainer thought we were doing good with Nevada. We discussed Nevada's issues and making sure we use the stud chain so Nevada doesn't get into the habit of being a pill. The trainer thought Nevada will make a great cart horse so that is good. Nevada isn't troubled or worried, he has confidence. That is what I have been thinking - if we can make sure Nevada listens to us and says "Okay, you are the boss" he should be great pulling a cart.

We are going over to the trainer's place on Saturday so we can see his chariot and meet his critters and pick up that bridle and belly band. Then, I am scheduled for the next Tuesday for some ground driving or cart work. Can't wait.
    Well, this all sounds really exciting! How cool that you now have someone that can give feedback and direction in person with the horses!! Saturday sounds like fun too.

I seem to have the cold. I just hope it doesn't get any worse than this. Since I already had a cold this year, I think that this is terribly unfair. I have a cleaning job on Friday so let's cross our fingers that I will be well enough to do that cleaning job.
    That does seem entirely unfair. Dumb idea: I wonder if the colds may be a delayed reaction to the inhaled impurities from the recent fires that you and hubby had to endure.

I usually don't like menthol vapes, but for a sore throat it helps. I also have some ginger juice for attacking the sinuses with an atom bomb. Haven't had a cold since February when I started.
    Before I started vaping in August of 2009, I used to have chronic bronchitis. I'd end up having two or three long bouts of it every year and ended up hospitalized twice for pneumonia. Since I started vaping, I haven't had bronchitis a single time and have only had one cold. I'm not the only one. There are a lot of other folks that haven't had nearly the number of colds or pulmonary difficulties.

I can't see how people could interpret what they read NOT based on their past experiences. I think we interpret everything in terms of past experiences. We have expectations of how something will be, and often, that influences how we see it. I think this is a very interesting area of psychology. People only see part of what's there, and then they fill in the gaps from their imagination. Take, for instance, several people who witness a car accident. When the police question them separately about what they saw, each person gives a different version. This is really interesting to me, how people don't really see what is there as much as they see what they expect to see. Memories are distorted the same way. Fascinating stuff! If we can't even remember accurately, what's reality?
    Well said! And, if you follow that thought --- is the existence of reality a reality? scratchchin.gif
    marlou, tmcase, Uncle and 4 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by rave View Post
    I can't even imagine how difficult it would be to have writing as your primary method of expression, and then having to write non-fiction. That has to be frustrating. I too admire your fortitude; but, we all do what we have to do. Hang in there.

Well, this all sounds really exciting! How cool that you now have someone that can give feedback and direction in person with the horses!! Saturday sounds like fun too.

Well said! And, if you follow that thought --- is the existence of reality a reality?
    Many people working on the issues I am working on do begin to question reality. When do you treat a piece of fantasy fiction as something that really happened, and when do you treat it as something that sprang from the authors' heads? For the sake of argument it is sometimes useful to treat it as something that really happened.

Yeah, not to step on sensitive nerves here, but I never have been well coordinated or strong, and when I try to draw I end up drawing it flat three-dimensional, like the horse's eyes. One time I did a pastel of a pine tree in our neighborhood, with an interesting crook at the top. I ran out of space at the top. In analysis of people's drawings, that is an indicator of a tightly-controlled fantasy life. Part of the social pressure to interpret things according to how the dominant people interpret things. (Drawing of a house, a tree, and a person has been standardized for psychological interpretation and assessment. The tree can be most valuable for deeper issues.)
    Last edited by 0mg Meniere; 01-15-2014 at 03:06 PM.
    rave, tmcase, SandySu and 1 others like this.

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Maybe the prolonged smoke inhalation hasn't helped my cause
    rave, tmcase, SandySu and 2 others like this.