CHIT CHAT in VOLTVILLE - Page 3793
Page 3793 of 3864 FirstFirst ... 2793329336933743378337893790379137923793379437953796379738033843 ... LastLast
Results 37,921 to 37,930 of 38634
Like Tree151955Likes

Thread: CHIT CHAT in VOLTVILLE

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by rave View Post
    Little bit of frustration here today. I've be trying to screw up the courage to actually drill the holes out of a mod/PV holder that I've designed. I had it all taped together and most of the areas that need to be drilled have been marked. Then I made a couple of practice holes with the Forstner bits ...... bit my lower lip ...... grit my teeth ..... and finally started.

At a depth of 1/8", that's when the battery of my electric drill decided that it needed to be charged.
    Aha, but a pro always carry a spare battery or two. No excuse, my dear !!!!!
    rave, tmcase, SandySu and 2 others like this.
    DON'T go back to smoking, no matter what the FDA does.
    Going back to smoking will be a huge loss for you, in more ways than one.

Little bit of frustration here today. I've be trying to screw up the courage to actually drill the holes out of a mod/PV holder that I've designed. I had it all taped together and most of the areas that need to be drilled have been marked. Then I made a couple of practice holes with the Forstner bits ...... bit my lower lip ...... grit my teeth ..... and finally started.

At a depth of 1/8", that's when the battery of my electric drill decided that it needed to be charged.
    That is frustrating when you're on a roll and want to get it done, but the battery will charge, and then you can go back to it. Try to go with the flow. Could this be a message that you really should be doing something else? I usually have a whole list of things I should be doing instead of what I choose to do, and when something like that happens to me, I take it as a sign that I really should be attending to business. Maybe you're different. Maybe you always put business before pleasure, but I don't, so that's the message I would get from something like that happening.
    rave, JerryRM, tmcase and 2 others like this.

* Resident Wood Nymph * Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Can't remember if I posted the design here or not. CRS. The design has changed somewhat due to the fact that, apparently 8" ready-made shelves are not actually 8".

JerryRM, tmcase, SandySu and 3 others like this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JerryRM View Post
    Aha, but a pro always carry a spare battery or two. No excuse, my dear !!!!!
    I know, I know. But the battery for the derned thing costs $39. And, I have more patience than money at the moment.
    JerryRM, tmcase, SandySu and 3 others like this.

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Raw wood is always measured, before it's been planed. An 8" board is in reality a 7 -3/4" inch board.
    rave, tmcase, SandySu and 1 others like this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SandySu View Post
    That is frustrating when you're on a roll and want to get it done, but the battery will charge, and then you can go back to it. Try to go with the flow. Could this be a message that you really should be doing something else? I usually have a whole list of things I should be doing instead of what I choose to do, and when something like that happens to me, I take it as a sign that I really should be attending to business. Maybe you're different. Maybe you always put business before pleasure, but I don't, so that's the message I would get from something like that happening.
    I've been holding off making this until I got my business taken care of. My Medicare situation had to be re-assigned for the new year and I got the holidays in the rear view mirror. The shelving material was a Christmas gift from my daughter, the Forstner bits were a gift from my son, and the drill was a gift from my BF. Couldn't wait to use them all! We used the stuffin' out of the drill because it has an impact head attachment that was marvelous for installing that railing.

Guess this means that I should talk with you folks instead!
    JerryRM, tmcase, SandySu and 4 others like this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JerryRM View Post
    Raw wood is always measured, before it's been planed. An 8" board is in reality a 7 -3/4" inch board.
    Oh, I know. And they keep changing the sizes on me! When we built the house, I had the actual size of a 2x4 memorized, but then they changed the standards yet again. The board for my Mod/PV holder is a finished shelving board that is ready to mount, so I thought that it would actually be the size on the label. Wrong!
    JerryRM, tmcase, SandySu and 2 others like this.

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I've been holding off making this until I got my business taken care of. My Medicare situation had to be re-assigned for the new year and I got the holidays in the rear view mirror. The shelving material was a Christmas gift from my daughter, the Forstner bits were a gift from my son, and the drill was a gift from my BF. Couldn't wait to use them all! We used the stuffin' out of the drill because it has an impact head attachment that was marvelous for installing that railing.

Guess this means that I should talk with you folks instead!
    Yup !!!!! But the RW beckons me, so I must leave. See y'all later !!!!!

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I'm in on the group hug!!!!!

At least my virtual neighbors don't have me chasing dogs around the neighborhood. What am I? The dog catcher? Geez, I'm sick, I want a nap and I'm out chasing the two cutest little doggies ever. I only got one in my yard and I finally gave up on the other one. I hope the owner gets home soon.I hate to see them get lost or hurt.

Penny Poo Poo does not appreciate the company. She barked him all over and then she came to the dog door like "My job here is done. You may let me in the house now."
    rave, tmcase, SandySu and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Renolizzie View Post
    I'm in on the group hug!!!!!

At least my virtual neighbors don't have me chasing dogs around the neighborhood. What am I? The dog catcher? Geez, I'm sick, I want a nap and I'm out chasing the two cutest little doggies ever. I only got one in my yard and I finally gave up on the other one. I hope the owner gets home soon.I hate to see them get lost or hurt.

Penny Poo Poo does not appreciate the company. She barked him all over and then she came to the dog door like "My job here is done. You may let me in the house now."
    Did the dog you caught have some kind of ID tag? If not, how will you find out the owner?
    celticluvr likes this.