CHIT CHAT in VOLTVILLE - Page 3794
Page 3794 of 3864 FirstFirst ... 2794329436943744378437903791379237933794379537963797379838043844 ... LastLast
Results 37,931 to 37,940 of 38634
Like Tree151955Likes

Thread: CHIT CHAT in VOLTVILLE

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

The owner lives in the yellow house up the street. I left her a message on her home phone telling her I have one of her dogs. She's a nice lady.
    SandySu and celticluvr like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Renolizzie View Post
    The owner lives in the yellow house up the street. I left her a message on her home phone telling her I have one of her dogs. She's a nice lady.
    Whew! It's handy that you know who the owner is.
    rave and celticluvr like this.

Biker Babe Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I've enjoyed reading all of your comments on creativity and behavior and don't have anything to add because I'm just the opposite. I can't explain here because I don't like to air my personal life too much on the internet so I've discussed it with Rave. I really envy that you guys can take out your stress and anxiety in your artwork or writing.
    Uncle, SandySu, Renolizzie and 1 others like this.

Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, live passionately and never regret anything that made you smile.

I just got back from tutoring. First, the girl. Her brother reported that she brushed her teeth every morning but this morning. I asked her why, and she didn't want to say. But finally, when I said I wasn't going to be mad at her, but we needed to discuss why so we could solve the problem, she admitted she forgot. So I suggested she make a sign to hang somewhere to remind herself. I suggested she say, "Brush your teeth." I helped her spell the words, and she added her brother's name. I said the sign was for her, so she should have her name, but she refused, so I let it go. When her brother saw the sign, he thought it was unfair, since he had brushed his teeth all week. I said sympathetically that yes, I knew he did, but she wanted the sign that way and refused to put her name on it, so why not just let it go? I said the important thing is if it reminds her to do it, not whose name is on the sign. He reluctantly agreed.

But as his sister and I were reading a book she had, he was drawing on their white board behind us. He drew a picture of his sister with 3 eyes, one in the center of her forehead. When I noticed it, I asked him about it. He meant it as an insult, but I told him about Eastern religions (Buddhist?) that often depicted people with a 3rd eye right where he put it, and I wondered if he was familiar with that. He wasn't, but I thought it was an interesting coincidence that he put his sister's 3rd eye right there.

The girl read a small book about a dog that wanted a boy for Christmas. It was harder than the books she's been reading lately, and she struggled through it with lots of help. I had a surfeit of vocab words for her. I only gave her the usual 10.

Then it was the boy's turn. He chose to read a Calvin and Hobbes comic book. That comic uses lots of very sophisticated words and concepts, so we did a lot of discussing, and we didn't find as many words for his vocab list. We discussed things like what 3-D means: 3 dimensions, height, length, and depth. Then somehow, he got the idea to draw a figure with 2 heads, and he asked me if I ever saw someone with 2 heads. No, I said, but I did see a calf with 2 heads. It wasn't alive, but had been stuffed. A short description of taxidermy. Then I mentioned Siamese twins. So we discussed twins, then that sometimes there are birth defects. I promised to print out something about Siamese twins for him for next time.

Meanwhile, behind our backs on the white board, the girl drew a picture of her brother with eyes all over him. Interesting art. her brother erased it.

We ended with a Mad Libs as usual.
    rave, Uncle, awsum140 and 2 others like this.

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

The dog got out of my yard while I was sleeping. I saw the dog owner get home about half an hour ago and she hasn't called me yet. Maybe both dogs were home by now? I don't know.

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Sandy, due to political correctness, the term "Siamese Twins" is out and "Conjoined Twins" is in. Just a little FYI.
    DON'T go back to smoking, no matter what the FDA does.
    Going back to smoking will be a huge loss for you, in more ways than one.

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

The neighbor just called. Another neighbor found the dogs and put them in her house. Thank goodness the dog crisis is resolved but she is going to have to keep working on keeping them in her yard since it is dangerous for them to be out.
    rave, tmcase, SandySu and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryRM View Post
    Sandy, due to political correctness, the term "Siamese Twins" is out and "Conjoined Twins" is in. Just a little FYI.
    Thanks for the heads-up!
    celticluvr likes this.

Another good-night winter photo: dried weeds in the snow.

rave, tmcase, Uncle and 6 others like this.

* Resident Wood Nymph * Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Beautiful photo, Sandy. It's just so elegant in its simplicity. Lovely.

There's an Alberta clipper hitting here today. We're supposed to get another 3" of snow. It's the 30mph winds on top that'll make it nasty. Think I'll stay inside where it's cozy. The kids don't have that option. They work outdoors all day. That's going to be punishing.

English toffee coffee is on and available for a virtual warm-up. Have a cup and then follow that with a wonderful day, my friends.
    marlou, tmcase, SandySu and 6 others like this.