CHIT CHAT in VOLTVILLE - Page 3795
Page 3795 of 3864 FirstFirst ... 2795329536953745378537913792379337943795379637973798379938053845 ... LastLast
Results 37,941 to 37,950 of 38634
Like Tree151955Likes

Thread: CHIT CHAT in VOLTVILLE

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the coffee Raven.

I think I'll feed the critters and then go back to sleep.
    rave, tmcase, SandySu and 1 others like this.

* Resident Wood Nymph * Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Renolizzie View Post
    Thanks for the coffee Raven.

I think I'll feed the critters and then go back to sleep.
    Sounds like a good plan, Lizzie. How's that cold comin' along?
    tmcase, SandySu and celticluvr like this.

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I'm deeply into the whining phase today. That phase will last into tomorrow or the next day and then I will be improving by Sunday I'm calling my cleaning client later today to let her know I am sick and won't be doing her house tomorrow.
    rave, tmcase, SandySu and 3 others like this.

* Resident Wood Nymph * Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I'm deeply into the whining phase today. That phase will last into tomorrow or the next day and then I will be improving by Sunday I'm calling my cleaning client later today to let her know I am sick and won't be doing her house tomorrow.
    Hope you feel better soon. Good call to stay home. ill.gif
    tmcase, SandySu and celticluvr like this.

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Thanks Raven. Hubby had the cold and went back to work yesterday. So, I figure by Sunday I should be improving. In the meantime, I will drink lots of water, eat lots of toast and chicken noodle soup and watch TV/sleep on the couch.

PS - it is almost light enough to see out there. Have a great day guys.
    Last edited by Renolizzie; 01-16-2014 at 01:33 PM.
    rave, tmcase, SandySu and 1 others like this.

Get better soon, Lizzie.
    rave, tmcase and celticluvr like this.

I got back from visiting Penny some time ago. We had another session getting used to the sound of the clippers. She did pretty well.

First, none of the other horses were in the barn (the run-in part), and Penny wanted friends in sight, so I left her loose in the barn aisle with a pile of hay and the clippers running, laid in a corner, while I went out with a carrot to lure some other horse into the barn. Petey (the one that ran me over) seemed most interested, but not very, since it was hard walking on the rough ground, which was bumpy from being muddy, then got frozen that way. Still, with some coaxing, he followed me into the barn and got the carrot. Before he could decide to leave, I tossed him a little hay. Penny was only slightly calmer with Petey in there. She was huddled up agains the gate separating her from the barn aisle and the run-in part. Petey seemed totally unaffected by the sound of the clippers. And soon King got wind of hay being offered and came in to have some, so I tossed another pile in there. So now Penny had 2 friends, calmly munching hay, oblivious to the clippers. Granted, they were farther away from them than Penny, but they just didn't seem to care.

Someone on the horse list suggested I just leave the clippers running and go about my usual routine, so I did that. They were running at the far end of the barn while I removed Penny's blanket and bib and started grooming her. She's shedding! It always seems like she starts shedding too early, when there are still plenty of cold days ahead, but she seems to manage fine.

I had a hay pile closer to the clippers than the flake someone had left in the barn aisle, probably for dinner, that Penny was eating. When she finished that, I figured, she'd move closer to the clippers to get more hay. Not! She went over to the gate where King and Petey were. Still, I groomed her there, and everything was going well till I tried to lift her feet. I guess she thought if she might be in danger, she wanted 4 feet on the ground. I turned the clippers off, and then she lifted her feet. Next time for that. I turned the clippers back on and put her fresh bib and the same blanket on her. Then I went to the clippers and turned them on and off several times. She didn't seem to mind that more than having them running continuously. So then I decided to comb out her tail, which I don't do every time, since it pulls hairs out, and I want her to have a nice tail. But it was due for it, and she was acting OK though nervous. She finished the flake of hay at the safe distance and tentatively went to the hay that was a little closer.

When I finished grooming, I tried to coax her even closer to the clippers with a carrot. She didn't want to, so I grabbed her halter and made her take a couple of steps closer. When she did, she got the carrot.

Then she went back to the gate with King and Petey (who had been joined by Wrangler and Ali by now), and I took the clippers, running, over to her. She was nervous, but I rubbed them on her butt through the blanket, and she seemed OK about it.

So I turned the clippers off, put them away, put everything else away, let Penny through the gate with her friends, and swept the barn aisle and replaced that flake of hay Penny had eaten.

I think it went pretty well, considering.
    rave, tmcase, Uncle and 6 others like this.

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Good job on getting your horse used to the clippers, SandySu.

Love to hear success stories. When I feel better, I'll have to try that with little Wiseguy.
    rave, tmcase, SandySu and 2 others like this.

Good job on getting your horse used to the clippers, SandySu.

Love to hear success stories. When I feel better, I'll have to try that with little Wiseguy.
    I wouldn't consider it a success yet. She still doesn't like the sound. It's a work in progress.
    rave, tmcase, 0mg Meniere and 1 others like this.

ECF Guru Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I got my Derwent electric eraser today. That reviewer was right. It's crap! The eraser wobbles so bad I wouldn't dare touch my drawing with it. It's going back and I'm just going to use the clunky engraver for now. It does an excellent job but it's heavy and very fat at the back which makes it unbalanced but it works. I was so disappointed in the Derwent.
    SandySu and celticluvr like this.

Life is short, bend the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, live passionately and never forget anything that made you smile.