CHIT CHAT in VOLTVILLE - Page 3797
Page 3797 of 3864 FirstFirst ... 2797329736973747378737933794379537963797379837993800380138073847 ... LastLast
Results 37,961 to 37,970 of 38634
Like Tree151955Likes

Thread: CHIT CHAT in VOLTVILLE

ECF Guru Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by rave View Post
    I'm sorry that it's crap. I know you were looking forward to getting it. Bummer.
    It's ok. My clunker did the trick.
    rave, SandySu and celticluvr like this.

Life is short, bend the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, live passionately and never forget anything that made you smile.

PV Master ECF Veteran abracadebra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rave View Post
    I'm sorry that it's crap. I know you were looking forward to getting it. Bummer.

Hey Debra! How ya doin'? I've heard about the crazy heat and fires in The Land Down Under. Hope you're holding up okay.
    Hi raven beauty...iTs was pretty hot in Queensland for a few days..Hottest day I can remember at 5pm it was still a crazy 44cel...I thought the air con would blow up.. its not to bad now Qld staying in the early 30cel...but those poor folks in other states..are really coping it..a few house fires due to air cons catching on fire...very Scarey!!

PV Master ECF Veteran abracadebra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Renolizzie View Post
    I'm deeply into the whining phase today. That phase will last into tomorrow or the next day and then I will be improving by Sunday I'm calling my cleaning client later today to let her know I am sick and won't be doing her house tomorrow.
    Hey Lizzie Plenty Of Rest For You Sweetie
    Whin AWay..im a hopeless a Whinner
    Big warm Hugs For Bugs...
    rave, tmcase, SandySu and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tmcase View Post
    Was the blender one of these? Gray Paper Stumps - BLICK art materials I would be lost without these. There's one called a Tortillion (sp) but it roughs up the paper more than the blending stumps.
    No, I didn't remember the name correctly. What I meant was a color shaper. There's a video showing how you use it: How to use the Colour Shaper - YouTube

Blick has them: Colour Shapers Tools - BLICK art materials
    rave, tmcase and celticluvr like this.

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by SandySu View Post
    No, I didn't remember the name correctly. What I meant was a color shaper. There's a video showing how you use it: How to use the Colour Shaper - YouTube

Oh no! Another cool tool! Some of those would be really handy. Maybe next month.

Life is short, bend the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, live passionately and never forget anything that made you smile.

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by SandySu View Post

I didn't see replacement tips for these. I wonder how long they last?
    SandySu and celticluvr like this.

Oh no! Another cool tool! Some of those would be really handy. Maybe next month.
    Think how much Kleenex I wouldn't have to use! Good for the environment, right? The problem is deciding which ones I'd really need and use. Blick has a huge selection. I think the softer ones would be better for blending, and I might want a large one for big areas and a very tiny point, like a sharpened pencil, for small areas. I guess before I buy, I'll study them more and think about which would actually get used.

* Resident Wood Nymph * Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Back when I was still painting, Blick was as addictive to me then as SlowTech has been to me lately. I'd rather get roped in by goodies at Blick frankly. And I hope to get back to that place soon.
    tmcase, SandySu, BWhare and 1 others like this.

I didn't see replacement tips for these. I wonder how long they last?
    Good question. Probably longer than those paper sticks. Besides, I have some of them (the paper sticks), and they pick up the color and then transfer it to other spots when you use them elsewhere. It seems the Colour Shapers (yes, Blick said they're a trademark, so I'll use the British spelling and capitalize) can be cleaned off easily so you can go from color to color more easily. In videos, the artist just wiped them off with a finger. I see Amazon had a set of them, too. I should read the reviews that Amazon is so good to have. Gotta shop around and think about it. Deciding on just what I need is half the fun!

* Resident Wood Nymph * Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by abracadebra View Post
    Hi raven beauty...iTs was pretty hot in Queensland for a few days..Hottest day I can remember at 5pm it was still a crazy 44cel...I thought the air con would blow up.. its not to bad now Qld staying in the early 30cel...but those poor folks in other states..are really coping it..a few house fires due to air cons catching on fire...very Scarey!!
    It's really good to hear from you. I got pretty worried when I read about the tennis player that saw Snoopy on the tennis court during a championship game right before he passed out from heat exhaustion.
    tmcase, SandySu, BWhare and 2 others like this.