CHIT CHAT in VOLTVILLE - Page 3798
Page 3798 of 3864 FirstFirst ... 2798329836983748378837943795379637973798379938003801380238083848 ... LastLast
Results 37,971 to 37,980 of 38634
Like Tree151955Likes

Thread: CHIT CHAT in VOLTVILLE

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Snoopy was on a tennis court and I missed it? Good evening, Peeps, hi Raven and DEBRA !!!!!
    rave, SandySu, awsum140 and 1 others like this.
    DON'T go back to smoking, no matter what the FDA does.
    Going back to smoking will be a huge loss for you, in more ways than one.

Biker Babe Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by SandySu View Post
    Think how much Kleenex I wouldn't have to use! Good for the environment, right? The problem is deciding which ones I'd really need and use. Blick has a huge selection. I think the softer ones would be better for blending, and I might want a large one for big areas and a very tiny point, like a sharpened pencil, for small areas. I guess before I buy, I'll study them more and think about which would actually get used.
    I don't use kleenex at all. I use the blending stump for everything except larger areas like background, then I use a cotton ball or Qtip and a chamois to lighten it all if need be. Maybe it's different with pastels.

The one I'm specially interested in is the pointed one but I don't know what size I want. I might have to buy all the pointed ones.

I think the softer ones would blend better too.
    rave, SandySu and celticluvr like this.

Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, live passionately and never regret anything that made you smile.

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by rave View Post
    Back when I was still painting, Blick was as addictive to me then as SlowTech has been to me lately. I'd rather get roped in by goodies at Blick frankly. And I hope to get back to that place soon.
    Yep, I'm now addicted to Blick too thanks to all of you artists. My wallet doesn't thank you but I do.

Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, live passionately and never regret anything that made you smile.

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Good question. Probably longer than those paper sticks. Besides, I have some of them (the paper sticks), and they pick up the color and then transfer it to other spots when you use them elsewhere. It seems the Colour Shapers (yes, Blick said they're a trademark, so I'll use the British spelling and capitalize) can be cleaned off easily so you can go from color to color more easily. In videos, the artist just wiped them off with a finger. I see Amazon had a set of them, too. I should read the reviews that Amazon is so good to have. Gotta shop around and think about it. Deciding on just what I need is half the fun!
    I can see where the paper blending stumps wouldn't work so well with color but for charcoal and graphite they're great and they do last a long time. Well, I haven't been drawing for very long but I'm still using the same stump that I started with and it isn't any shorter. Please let me know what you find out in your research of these cool tools.

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Shoot! I found a pointed shaper on Amazon and ebay but they both come from the UK. I hate waiting that long. Now see what you made me do Sandy. I was going to wait until next month.... Still looking.

Quote Originally Posted by tmcase View Post
    I don't use kleenex at all. I use the blending stump for everything except larger areas like background, then I use a cotton ball or Qtip and a chamois to lighten it all if need be. Maybe it's different with pastels.

The one I'm specially interested in is the pointed one but I don't know what size I want. I might have to buy all the pointed ones.

I think the softer ones would blend better too.
    Here's a good rundown of their uses: Colour Shaper Information Hints and Tips They don't mention charcoal, but I imagine it behaves a lot like pastels in b&w. I found it interesting that the Colour Shapers have so many uses: sculpting clay, using with oils as a paintbrush, etc.
    rave, tmcase and celticluvr like this.

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Here's a good rundown of their uses: Colour Shaper Information Hints and Tips They don't mention charcoal, but I imagine it behaves a lot like pastels in b&w. I found it interesting that the Colour Shapers have so many uses: sculpting clay, using with oils as a paintbrush, etc.
    Cool, thanks. They did mention charcoal and it would follow the same techniques as pastels. I really want a pointy one.

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I'm almost done with my drawing. It might be post-able. I hope so anyway. Are you working on anything?

Shoot! I found a pointed shaper on Amazon and ebay but they both come from the UK. I hate waiting that long. Now see what you made me do Sandy. I was going to wait until next month.... Still looking.
    I just bid on an eBay Colour Shaper from China. I don't care if it takes a long time to come. I wonder if it'll be the same quality as the British ones. I won't go too high on the bid. Let's see.
    rave, tmcase and celticluvr like this.

I'm almost done with my drawing. It might be post-able. I hope so anyway. Are you working on anything?
    No, but I have that started picture of Gabe staring at me, plus my bank statement and a condolence letter, none of which I want to address right now. Eenie-meenie-minie-moe, which task should I do first? Probably the bank statement is the simplest.

Meanwhile, I tried to put the 2nd version of Maija into a frame, and one of the little things that you turn to hold the frame's back to the front broke off! This picture of Maija just doesn't want to happen!

So I decided to return the frame to Michaels's, even though I bought it way before Christmas. I still have the receipt. Will they take it back now? Too much time might have passed for returns.

And I decided to put it back together as it was sold, with the picture they have in the frame and a little triangle saying something about the picture. I had put them in the recycling bin, and now I can't find that little triangle! Where did it go? A black hole in my house, I'm sure. Why do things disappear like that? Bill said the cat probably played with it and it's under something, but I doubt it. I lost a small vial of cinnamon e-liquid a while ago, and it never reappeared, but the cat doesn't play with papers, which I have all over, so I really can't attribute this to the cat. I hate it when things just arbitrarily disappear! It disturbs my sense of how the world works/should work, where everything's accounted for in some way. Things don't just go away! Though sometimes, I wish certain situations would.

So, in any case, I'll return the frame w/o the little triangle in the corner and see if they take it back incomplete after such a long time since I bought it.

Wish me luck with this, folks.

(I'm really glad this is the biggest crisis in my life right now. The disappearance of that triangle of paper is a mystery, but I really don't think it's seriously a problem.)
    rave, tmcase, CatLady007 and 2 others like this.