CHIT CHAT in VOLTVILLE - Page 3804
Page 3804 of 3864 FirstFirst ... 2804330437043754379438003801380238033804380538063807380838143854 ... LastLast
Results 38,031 to 38,040 of 38634
Like Tree151955Likes

Thread: CHIT CHAT in VOLTVILLE

Quote Originally Posted by 0mg Meniere View Post
    Uncle is right. The bear is looking at something.
    That didn't bother me at all! I think the bear is looking at the person observing him. Maybe his head looks sort of low, but animals do that -- raise and lower their head -- when they see something they are trying to figure out. I see the bear's mood as faintly aggressive, like he is trying to decide whether to attack the intruder.
    rave and tmcase like this.

ECF Guru Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle View Post
    To be very honest - I do think "You" missed something very important . . .

Now how in the hell did Rave miss that?
    rave, Uncle and SandySu like this.

Life is short, bend the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, live passionately and never forget anything that made you smile.

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by SandySu View Post
    It doesn't look like it would have been easy to me. The angle of the bear would be hard to get right -- and you did it. And getting that ice looking icy must have been a challenge, too.

I'm gratified that Rave (the expert) and I focused on the same thing. It shows that I'm not totally off in la-la land.
    Yep, the angle of the bear gave me fits. I didn't think about that before I started. I couldn't have done it without Rave's help though. The ice was a stink too. I had to erase most of it and start over.

The clouds....I must be the one in la-la land because I thought they were ok and paid the least attention too. They were my first clouds though so I don't feel too bad. I'll get them right.
    rave, SandySu and celticluvr like this.

Life is short, bend the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, live passionately and never forget anything that made you smile.

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

That didn't bother me at all! I think the bear is looking at the person observing him. Maybe his head looks sort of low, but animals do that -- raise and lower their head -- when they see something they are trying to figure out. I see the bear's mood as faintly aggressive, like he is trying to decide whether to attack the intruder.
    Well he just climbed out of the water so he may just be checking out the ice flow or berg to see if it's safe but it was a photo so he could be looking at the photographer.
    rave, SandySu, Renolizzie and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tmcase View Post
    Yep, the angle of the bear gave me fits. I didn't think about that before I started. I couldn't have done it without Rave's help though. The ice was a stink too. I had to erase most of it and start over.

The clouds....I must be the one in la-la land because I thought they were ok and paid the least attention too. They were my first clouds though so I don't feel too bad. I'll get them right.
    I do the same thing. When a drawing is really difficult, I focus on the hard parts and forget all about some other detail, which then the folks here point out, and I hit my head with my hand and say, "How could I have missed that?" At some point, maybe I'll become practiced enough that I will be able to identify all those details by myself. For now, I really appreciate other sets of eyes pointing out flaws to me.
    rave and tmcase like this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I got the impression he was climbing out of the water, his front paw is not even touching the ground yet. So, to me, it would seem in the next few seconds he will start shaking the water off, maybe his head is already turning to start the process.

Either that, or he is looking at the ground and thinking, "Hey! Who took my Coke?"
    rave, marlou, tmcase and 3 others like this.

Well he just climbed out of the water so he may just be checking out the ice flow or berg to see if it's safe but it was a photo so he could be looking at the photographer.
    Look at his eyes. He seems to be looking right at me. You don't need to see the tilt of his head, you need to look at the eyes to see the mood of an animal. The other body language tells you something, too, of course, and the lowered head makes me think "undecided aggression." I don't know any more about polar bears than the average zoo-goer, so maybe Rave can confirm or shoot holes in my assessment of the bear's mood. She obviously knows more about bears than the rest of us put together!
    rave, tmcase and celticluvr like this.

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I do the same thing. When a drawing is really difficult, I focus on the hard parts and forget all about some other detail, which then the folks here point out, and I hit my head with my hand and say, "How could I have missed that?" At some point, maybe I'll become practiced enough that I will be able to identify all those details by myself. For now, I really appreciate other sets of eyes pointing out flaws to me.
    Yep, that's what I did with this one. I was so focused on that dang bear. Rave's critiquing has helped a lot. She sees little details that I never would have seen but they are stored away in my brain and I'll be watching for for those details in the future. Now I just hope I didn't just tell a lie. Things don't stay in my head very long.
    rave, SandySu and celticluvr like this.

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by QRXT View Post
    I got the impression he was climbing out of the water, his front paw is not even touching the ground yet. So, to me, it would seem in the next few seconds he will start shaking the water off, maybe his head is already turning to start the process.

Either that, or he is looking at the ground and thinking, "Hey! Who took my Coke?"
    That is a good perception. That could be exactly what he's about to do. Not the Coke thing but the shaking thing.
    rave, SandySu, QRXT and 1 others like this.

Yep, that's what I did with this one. I was so focused on that dang bear. Rave's critiquing has helped a lot. She sees little details that I never would have seen but they are stored away in my brain and I'll be watching for for those details in the future. Now I just hope I didn't just tell a lie. Things don't stay in my head very long.
    I do the same thing. I learn from what people point out. Maybe it all didn't stay in my head, but lots of it did, and what didn't will pop up in another picture, be pointed out again, and sooner or later, the idea will be implanted. I think the easiest for me to retain are very simple, direct things like when I made the gleam in Starman's eye too big. I didn't do that again. That was straightforward and easy to fix, and it was easy to remember not to let it happen again.
    rave, tmcase and celticluvr like this.