Page 3864 of 3864 FirstFirst ... 2864336437643814385438603861386238633864
Results 38,631 to 38,634 of 38634
Like Tree151955Likes

Thread: CHIT CHAT in VOLTVILLE

ECF Guru Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by SandySu View Post
    I'm sorry to hear you had problems. I don't know if this would work with charcoal, but it works with pastels: Go over the too-dark sky with lots of white, smudge it, and then another layer, till you get the lighter shade you want. Sometimes it helps to press rather hard with the white to get it to take, but start out with a medium pressure till you see how it reacts with the dark. Maybe it'll work, and maybe it won't, but at least this is your chance to experiment and see if it does.
    Thanks Sandy, I'll try that. I did try a small area of white on it but I didn't smudge it in. It's a big sky though.
    SandySu and Renolizzie like this.

Life is short, bend the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, live passionately and never forget anything that made you smile.

Quote Originally Posted by QRXT View Post
    Thanks, Q. See you on the new thread, folks. My parting shot is of one of the many waterfalls at Watkins Glen.

rave, tmcase, Uncle and 3 others like this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

moving, i got the link to the new house
    chit chat thread #2

see you there friends
    rave, tmcase, SandySu and 1 others like this.

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tmcase View Post
    Well Voltville I'm bummed. I had my snowy river drawing all sketched in and it was time to do the sky since there would be trees over the sky. Well my usual light vine charcoal came out too dark. I can't figure out why it came out that dark when I was using a pretty smooth paper. I have 1/2 different erasers and it just won't erase. With a dark sky like that it would look wrong with the sun shining on the trees so I'm scraping it and will try it again another time. I'm too bummed to start over now. I'll have to find something else to do.
    Sometimes things don't work out the way they are expected. Part of the learning curve. Don't be bummed, be happy Every drawing isn't going to turn out the way you expect which sucks but good for you for deciding to move on to other projects.
    tmcase and Uncle like this.