INTRODUCING - The VOLT X - ALL NEW Batteries/Passthrough - Page 52
Page 52 of 130 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast
Like Tree2462Likes

Thread: INTRODUCING - The VOLT X - ALL NEW Batteries/Passthrough

Ultra Member ECF Veteran CatLady007's Avatar

kia--a woman after my own heart!! You go, girl! I'm keeping all mine, too!
    stalebird--Possibly, it's just that the led that tells you it's charging (and turns off when it's done) isn't working. In that case, just charge it anyway; it should charge and cut off just fine (give it 3.5-4 hrs), send an email to CS, take your X2 with you on your trip, charging it as needed, and by the time you get home, CS should have you taken care of!!!

Didn't Uncle have this same problem?
    Last edited by CatLady007; 04-12-2012 at 05:14 AM. Reason: further thought...
    Uncle and kia2 like this.

Moved On ECF Veteran

Is it me or i just see a big percentage of defective X2's?

Ultra Member ECF Veteran CatLady007's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Konstantine View Post
    New Product. Plus, as we don't know how many have been sold, it's impossible to know what the percentage is. But one fact is documented: human beings are more likely to express themselves about problems than than they are about satisfaction. Nature of the beast. Idle curiosity makes me wonder what the problem rate is, and if it is greater or lesser than the one from the introduction of the Volt...but we all know what curiosity did to the cat.
    rave, marlou, starsong and 2 others like this.

Moved On ECF Veteran

Problems and solutions is what made YOUR life easier.
    Probably not many
    INTRODUCING - The VOLT X - ALL NEW Batteries/Passthrough
    But enough to make you wonder.

Btw the battery is not a passthrough, it charges via USB, when you draw it simply takes power from the bat and then resumes charging.
    I'll know more when i analyse the power consumption on the lab when i have time.
    I also may sacrifice the 650 just to compare the internal circuitry with a regular e-GO C (or whatever it is called).
    Looks more than a more efficient power management than a passthrough.
    Uncle and ThreadKiller like this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran ThreadKiller's Avatar

Well, I ordered a second X2 (900 auto, in silver this time) and I've mailed my bad X2 in for a replacement.
    SI hasn't received my return yet, but I'm hoping that they will have some pity on a poor rodent and just send my replacement along with my new order instead of waiting to receive the bad one. I did email SI the tracking number and everything. It would be very very nice, especially since I'll be going all weekend without my X2!
    (Yes, I have no shame at all)
    EleanorR, Imagine and Konstantine like this.

Double Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CatLady007 View Post
    kia--a woman after my own heart!! You go, girl! I'm keeping all mine, too!
    stalebird--Possibly, it's just that the led that tells you it's charging (and turns off when it's done) isn't working. In that case, just charge it anyway; it should charge and cut off just fine (give it 3.5-4 hrs), send an email to CS, take your X2 with you on your trip, charging it as needed, and by the time you get home, CS should have you taken care of!!!

Didn't Uncle have this same problem?
    Actually, mine was a little different . . . I got 2 1300 X2's and the Blue light would come on to tell me it is charging with both batteries . . . However, 1 battery the light never went out after 24 hours plugged in . . . Although, it does work, I rather play safe then sorry - given the possible problem SOME batteries have - so CS is exchanging it for another . . .
    Imagine likes this.

People should seriously stop expecting Normal from "Me" - We all know it's not going to happen.

Double Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

In my personal opinion . . . No - not really, given that we all can talk freely about "Our" experiences with SI Products . . . .Both positive and negative . . .

However, given the question, I really think you need to add the learning curve of the individual too . . . Like Myself and others . . . especially with a new product that WE have never used before . . . An example would be the X2 compared to the 65/78 Battery . . . One You used a USB cord and the other You screw into a Power Adapter . . . AND - If the person is not connecting them properly or using the correct power source . . . Well then . . .

It's like the person who call the IT Help desk to say their computer is not working even after they hit the power button over and over again - nothing turns on and they don't know what to do . . . Only to have the IT person show up to see that the power cord on the back of the computer has come lose or not even plugged into the power surge strip . . .

Also there is one other thing to consider, especially when things are massed produced . . . No matter what - in every production line there are going to be parts that are lemons . . . Hopefully, the manufacturer is using a form of quality control and these "bad" parts are caught before they are used in the final product . . . However, every so often they are not and some of them get though and are found later . . . AND - Worse all these parts are used in one item . . . So you have a Total "Lemon" . . .

Just a thought . . .
    Last edited by Uncle; 04-12-2012 at 01:15 PM.
    rave and marlou like this.

People should seriously stop expecting Normal from "Me" - We all know it's not going to happen.

Moved On ECF Veteran

It is normal to have bad parts on production, it simply happens.
    The actual percentage of it seems to be pretty low however. Only 4 people? LOL
    Seems normal.

Now i am thinking of sacrificing a 650 battery, what do you think?

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

It is normal to have bad parts on production, it simply happens.
    The actual percentage of it seems to be pretty low however. Only 4 people? LOL
    Seems normal.

Now i am thinking of sacrificing a 650 battery, what do you think?
    Zeus will not be happy with you!
    rave, Uncle and Konstantine like this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran trichman's Avatar

My guess is that they are selling lots of the x2's and handling the issues with the great customer service we've all been used to. My 2nd x2 is coming today and the 3rd tomorrow. It sounds like lots of customers are buying more than 1. Having done the ego thing, I love the auto x2 and now that we have the clearos, well it doesn't get much better than this. SI Rocks!
    rave, marlou, EleanorR and 3 others like this.