Chit Chat in VOLTVILLE Thread #2 :) - Page 101
Page 101 of 848 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201601 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 8477
Like Tree44492Likes

Thread: Chit Chat in VOLTVILLE Thread #2 :)

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Renolizzie View Post
    Nice to get some rain. I hope you don't start posting with a British accent Jer.
    LOL, Lizzie. My New England accent is here to stay. I pahked the cah in the yahd. LOL
    rave, tmcase, Uncle and 3 others like this.
    DON'T go back to smoking, no matter what the FDA does.
    Going back to smoking will be a huge loss for you, in more ways than one.

Another early night for me. Good night, folks. Remember these? Flowers? It seems like a long time since I've seen any growing outside.

rave, marlou, tmcase and 4 others like this.

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Goodnight, Sandy. Flowers? I haven't seen flowers in a long time.
    DON'T go back to smoking, no matter what the FDA does.
    Going back to smoking will be a huge loss for you, in more ways than one.

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Good morning, Voltpeeps.

Beautiful flowers, Sandy.

Rave, Sandy, Q, Celt - Are you thawing out yet?

Of course, we ended up bringing the two dogs into the house to sleep last night. Willie came in first. We basically had to drag her into the big, scary house. Once we got her in, we closed the door so she couldn't get out. She decided she could check it out. She cautiously explored all the rooms.

Once Willie was a bit settled, we brought Sassy in. Sassy had no problem coming into the house. She sniffed all the rooms and then lay down in the den.

Willie really liked Hubby's bedroom which was good since the dogs were sleeping in there. When they both got into the bedroom at the same time, I closed the door. They seem pretty content. They were both still flying pretty high from the anesthesia. Sassy threw up in the bedroom, which is understandable, but no one pooped or peed in the house. Yay!!!!!

Both dogs perked up enough to eat breakfast. Looks like they are fine. Nice to know they are spayed and we won't have any "issues" this spring.

Both dogs got their rabies shots. Rusty and Penny will be getting theirs in a week or two. There was a case of rabies in Gardnerville, so we want to make sure everyone is up-to-date.

Today's list includes: finish starting flower seeds...water the back berm...straighten up the house...poop patrol and taking the trash out to the street...the trainer is coming over...more weeding...I'm sure I can add to the list..

I hope all the Voltpeeps have a great day.

Lizzie, I'm so glad the dogs are recuperating well and that they got used to the house without any big issues.

Tell us how the session with the trainer went.

As for rabies, it's rampant here in summer. The animal most likely to have it is a raccoon, though any animal can get it, including horses and humans. Since it's such a deadly disease, and shots for your animals are reasonably simple, it makes sense to give them the shots. Although my cat only needs a rabies shot every 3 years, my horse needs one every year. I'm not sure why that is. Consider getting shots for all your animals. I assume goats can get a rabies shot, too. Your vet would know.
    rave, tmcase and celticluvr like this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran 0mg Meniere's Avatar

we brought Sassy in. Sassy had no problem coming into the house. She sniffed all the rooms and then lay down in the den.
    I didn't think of it at the time. However, I had a problem with the smell of garlic a few days ago, and wanted something to overpower it. I mixed sassafras and horehound-- and called it "Sassy Puppy".
    rave, tmcase, SandySu and 2 others like this.
    I am a dollar-a-day vaper and a Vamo lover. I recoil clearo heads and mix my own juice.

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

The trainer is arriving in a few minutes. We cancelled Tuesday due to predicted winds that didn't come up until hours later!!!
    SandySu and celticluvr like this.

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 0mg Meniere View Post
    I didn't think of it at the time. However, I had a problem with the smell of garlic a few days ago, and wanted something to overpower it. I mixed sassafras and horehound-- and called it "Sassy Puppy".
    Pretty cute!!!! I like to call her "Sassy Frassy" or "Brassy Sassy"

Ultra Member ECF Veteran celticluvr's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Pretty cute!!!! I like to call her "Sassy Frassy" or "Brassy Sassy"
    We had a pretty calico cat named Sassy. We called her Sassy Frass. She acted like a dog, she could fetch and she'd come when you called her. I loved that cat. She had a litter of kittens and I kept a male. I named him Ol' Yeller after my favorite movie. Everyone else called him "Stupid" and thats what he answered to.
    tmcase, Uncle, SandySu and 2 others like this.
    This civilization is going to stupid itself to death.

Time to say good night once again. One year about this time, I got so tired of not seeing any flowers that I drove up to Canandaigua to an orchid show. I took this photo there.

rave, tmcase, Uncle and 5 others like this.