Chit Chat in VOLTVILLE Thread #2 :) - Page 560
Page 560 of 999 FirstFirst ... 60460510550556557558559560561562563564570610660 ... LastLast
Results 5,591 to 5,600 of 9986
Like Tree54465Likes

Thread: Chit Chat in VOLTVILLE Thread #2 :)

PV Master ECF Veteran Wuzznt Me's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Evie Luv View Post
    It's going good so far. I'm fixing to head to the store to get some ingredients to fix a cake and pot roast tomorrow. That brisket sounds wonderful, I haven't had a good brisket since I lived in Texas.
    Texans definitely know how to cook a brisket. Hate to say it but the absolute best I've ever eaten, including my own, was in Tulsa Ok lol. Mine came out pretty good. Slow smoked for about 8 hrs using a mixture of Red Oak and Hickory.
    rave, JerryRM, Evie Luv and 2 others like this.
    Life's too short to vape nasty juice

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Alabama just a small town kind of girl...Not Greenbo

Quote Originally Posted by Wuzznt Me View Post
    Texans definitely know how to cook a brisket. Hate to say it but the absolute best I've ever eaten, including my own, was in Tulsa Ok lol. Mine came out pretty good. Slow smoked for about 8 hrs using a mixture of Red Oak and Hickory.
    Wish I could twinkle my nose and have it appear like Samantha.
    rave, JerryRM, Wuzznt Me and 3 others like this.
    ~~~~~~~For my Nieces Sofi, Allison & Chloe Sydelle~~~~~~~

CASAA Member

Quote Originally Posted by Evie Luv View Post
    Wish I could twinkle my nose and have it appear like Samantha.
    Lolz. Wish everybody that wanted some could have had some. Guess I'd best go scrub up for dinner. Leftovers. Drive careful, it's amateur weekend on the roads around here.
    rave, JerryRM, Evie Luv and 3 others like this.

Tutoring report.

I started with the boy this time. He was expecting friends to visit, and he wanted to finish so he could play with them.

He did some worksheets, then read about Harry Houdini. He was fascinated, as I expected he'd be.

Then the girl. Worksheets, as usual. We are working to understand past, present, and future tenses. She's starting to get it. But she referred to something of her brother's as hers, so back to a sheet on his, hers, and its. Then she read from a Fly Guy book. This is a very simple series of stories about a boy with a pet fly.

When I was leaving, the kids' mom introduced me to her friend, whose sons were there to play with the kids. This new mom wants me to tutor her boys, too. They have spent the last few years in China, so they are way behind in their English reading. She said the younger, who's 10, was reading at first grade level, and the older one, 13, is reading at about 3rd grade level. I think the new family is just here for the summer, so this won't be a permanent thing. I hope I can make a significant difference in such a short time.
    rave, Wuzznt Me, Evie Luv and 8 others like this.

Good night. More of those wonderful curves at Watkins Glen.

rave, Wuzznt Me, tmcase and 7 others like this.

Good morning Volts, amps and watts. Just wanted to make sure this thread got a post this morning lol.
    rave, tmcase, Uncle and 5 others like this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Discovered an intruder in the back yard this morning - thought I'd share:

Oh, the only time his tail went up was to flick a bug or three, but his ears never left me.....

This is in Huntsville Ontario, not my normal realm.
    rave, Wuzznt Me, tmcase and 7 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by BWhare View Post

Oh, the only time his tail went up was to flick a bug or three, but his ears never left me.....

It's so neat to see deer! What are the bare patches on him all about, I wonder? Are you on vacation in Ontario?
    rave, Wuzznt Me, tmcase and 1 others like this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by SandySu View Post
    It's so neat to see deer! What are the bare patches on him all about, I wonder? Are you on vacation in Ontario?
    I've wondered about the bare patches too. Kinda looks like mange but I'm more inclined to think it has something to do with summer starting comparatively late. Of course, it could just be the result of rubbing against trees to itch the mosquito bites (they're rather large and ferocious up here).

For the past couple of years, I've come up here late in the spring to visit my parents. They tend to be a bit older than me (a personal choice, I suspect), so I guess you might say that they're a bit long in the tooth. I get to spoil them for a few weeks and then I go home, leaving them with a hole in their life - it's my way of getting even for being forced to be their kid for all those years.

The deer was a fawn a few years ago and it used to come and eat all of the flowers in the front garden. Mom wasn't pleased. Now, apparently, he's content to eat the leaves off of the trees. I wonder if his patchiness has to do with his diet. Still, I have to appreciate his way of viewing me - he'd turn his back on me quite carelessly and the only thing that showed that he was still paying attention was the tilt of his ears. They always faced me. He knew I wasn't a threat but he's not crazy enough to trust me completely....
    rave, Wuzznt Me, tmcase and 6 others like this.

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by BWhare View Post

Very cool and nice shots. Every time I see a deer it's like the first time. I get all excited and want to get a pic. Nice to see you posting.
    rave, Uncle, SandySu and 3 others like this.

Life is short, bend the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, live passionately and never forget anything that made you smile.