Chit Chat in VOLTVILLE Thread #2 :) - Page 566
Page 566 of 907 FirstFirst ... 66466516556562563564565566567568569570576616666 ... LastLast
Results 5,651 to 5,660 of 9070
Like Tree48314Likes

Thread: Chit Chat in VOLTVILLE Thread #2 :)

That storm I mentioned really played havoc in Ithaca! Bill saw a bus stopped that had been hit by a tree. I read that all the passengers were OK. Behind my house, the landlord must have lost a big tree, because right now, a tree service came and I hear lots of sawing sounds. They are all parked up here, so I guess it blocked their driveway or parking area. For photos, see Storm hits Ithaca areaThe Ithaca Voice

How did you fare, Awsum? You said this was headed your way.
    rave, tmcase and celticluvr like this.

* Resident Wood Nymph * Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SandySu View Post
    Tutoring report. *snipped for brevity - sorry*

When I was leaving, the kids' mom introduced me to her friend, whose sons were there to play with the kids. This new mom wants me to tutor her boys, too. They have spent the last few years in China, so they are way behind in their English reading. She said the younger, who's 10, was reading at first grade level, and the older one, 13, is reading at about 3rd grade level. I think the new family is just here for the summer, so this won't be a permanent thing. I hope I can make a significant difference in such a short time.
    Holy cow, Sandy!! You're taking on more kids! You must have the patience of a saint!

By the way: I absolutely love the Watkins Glen photos. Those "wonderful curves" you mention are downright sensual. 'Course, that's from an artistic point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by tmcase View Post
    Very cool and nice shots. Every time I see a deer it's like the first time. I get all excited and want to get a pic. Nice to see you posting.
    Me too! The deer photos were wonderful, BWhare. Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle View Post
    BTW: It is not just one mall - As of July 1st the New Laws in the State of Florida have banned the sale of "eCig" related items to minors, and they have left all the rest of the regulations against "eCig's" to local government/municipalities to issue . . . So anyone can put up one of these signs in their community . . .

Matter of fact, where I live - the management company had banned cigarette smoking in any and all buildings (including apartments) - tenants/guest could only smoke in designated areas . . . AND - For the past 3 months have told everyone that as of July 1st they will be banning all smoking on and around the property too . . .

So a couple of months ago they had the Florida State "Tobacco Free" program here to discuss the impending ban and how they could help people to quit smoking . . . AND - When they saw how many people were using "eCigs" they insisted that "eCigs" should not be used by anyone and banned also . . . Which of course did not sit well with "Me" and let's just say a discussion was had . . .

The worse part is that although there were many people here who took up vaping in the past few months with the impending ban looming over their heads . . . The management company didn't say or bother to say anything or inform people that after this meeting with "Florida Tobacco Free" program people that they decided to include "Ecig" in this ban too . . .

Matter of fact, I just learned that they actually snuck that clause in the new house rules that people had to sign for and stipulate they were going to abide by them without telling anyone they that it was there (AND - It has happened before . . . So - NO I never ever sign for them without reading them first, which of course they have a problem with, but tough) . . . Given this - Now people who vape anywhere in their apartment or on the property can be evicted if caught . . . (They even have their maintenance people do a monthly inspection on the pretext it is to provide maintenance when in fact it is to report people to the office if they notice anyone do anything against the house rules) . . .

OH YEA - They also installed a new camera system and actually mentioned in the newsletter they were being put up to protect people and make sure everyone followed the house rules now too . . .

Oh no, Uncle. I'm sooo sorry to hear this. It's outrageous and probably illegal. Time to move to Indiana.

Quote Originally Posted by cindycated View Post
    So Uncle, you're not even allowed to vape INSIDE your own apartment unit, with all the doors and windows closed? That doesn't sound right...
    Can I hear an "AMEN!" You're so right.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle View Post
    Yes - I am planning on calling an attorney (one that is willing to help) and on more then just this issue I hope . . .

As for finding a realtor there is no one I can get assistance from given that I happen to live in a Senior Community that is HUD subsidized and do not have that kind of money being on disability . . . Plus there are very few places around here that I can actually move to also . . . Just Sayin' . . .

No - It doesn't sound right - nor is it fair to anyone, even those who still smoke . . . Then again, that is how they got smokers to stop smoking in their apartments even with their doors and windows closed, when they banned anyone from smoking in their apartments . . . NOT NICE ! ! !

YEP - Florida . . . AND - "You" wouldn't believe some of the other "Rules" they have now . . . Just to give Ya' idea - about 4-5 months ago they announce and revised the house rules that no one could have any visitors without them signing in at the main office first, even if it was to come over for dinner . . . Matter of fact, "You" are supposed to let them know when you are going out over night or away for the weekend . . . Which I Never Ever Do and even told them I wouldn't . . . Oh BTW: "We" are also told that this is an "Independent Living Facility" when it suits their purposes . . . As for moving - I've been looking for over 2 years now, see "My" 1st reply ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ . . .

WHAT Really Gets "Me" - Is that I am already having a hard enough time trying to become a fulltime vapor and quit smoking totally - and now this . . . Dam if Ya' Do - Dam If Ya' Don't . . .
    My heart goes out to you, Uncle. I wish I could remember the name of ECF's resident attorney. It's Bill .... sumthin'. CRS!

Quote Originally Posted by Wuzznt Me View Post
    You've truly made a beautiful place out of your property Lizzie. A lot of hard work and imagination have paid off.
    That's a fact. It's a breath-taking oasis, Lizzie. Amazing!!

What about that white plastic chain? Then you wouldn't have to paint it, and you wouldn't need to repaint every so often.
    Just what I was thinking. eBay perhaps?

That storm I mentioned really played havoc in Ithaca! Bill saw a bus stopped that had been hit by a tree. I read that all the passengers were OK. Behind my house, the landlord must have lost a big tree, because right now, a tree service came and I hear lots of sawing sounds. They are all parked up here, so I guess it blocked their driveway or parking area. For photos, see Storm hits Ithaca areaThe Ithaca Voice

How did you fare, Awsum? You said this was headed your way.
    I'm glad that everyone made it through the storms okay. It threatened here over the weekend and we had a couple of brief downpours, but there was nothing severe where I was.
    tmcase, SandySu, QRXT and 2 others like this.

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Sitting down, facing forward, but that's not important right now.
    Blog Entries

We didn't get much of a storm out of that line that went through last night. Just a little rain and some thunder off in the distance. The power did "sag" pretty badly, once, but that was it. I heard there was a tornado in the Syracuse area, I think, with some fatalities. You got it a lot worse than we did, Sandy.
    rave, tmcase, SandySu and 2 others like this.
    If it's not a Boerboel, it's just a dog.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

T'was a busy and exhausting three day weekend for me. I spent the weekend helping my BF with some things at his place. It's nice to be able to help him with something since he always seems to be the one helping me. However, I'm completely exhausted. That's a lot more physical labor than I'm accustomed to doing.

My Jeepers is still at the shop getting an electrical problem traced out. Keep your fingers crossed that it won't be an expensive fix. After that, BF will be putting on the last wheel bearing. Then I need new tires and an alignment. AND, I need to get all of this done before Terry and Co. arrive at my place for house viewing. We have a list of possibles, but she needs to see them in person. I know that we'll have a blast. Can't wait to visit with her again.

Yesterday, my son had approx. $3700 worth of lumber delivered. The kids are finally on their way to getting this house up. I'm so excited for them. And me. They had out of state company this weekend, every dish in the house is dirty, and there are mud clumps from boots all over the floor. I want my house back!!

Rave, that's not right that the kids didn't clean up after themselves. Are you going to insist they do it? Sometimes kids just take moms for granted: "Oh, Mom will clean up. We have to work, and she has nothing to do." Ha!
    rave, tmcase, QRXT and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by awsum140 View Post
    We didn't get much of a storm out of that line that went through last night. Just a little rain and some thunder off in the distance. The power did "sag" pretty badly, once, but that was it. I heard there was a tornado in the Syracuse area, I think, with some fatalities. You got it a lot worse than we did, Sandy.
    I looked it up: Storms Leave 5 Dead, 200K Without Power in East - ABC News

Apparently they haven't decided yet if it was actually a tornado, and the people killed weren't in Syracuse but in a small town between Syracuse and Utica. It looks like they got it worse than we did. I haven't heard of any buildings damaged hereabouts, unless it was from trees coming down on them. But the wind didn't seem that strong to me, just a really violent thunderstorm here.
    rave, tmcase and celticluvr like this.

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Alabama just a small town kind of girl...Not Greenbo

Good afternoon Voltpeeps, I am officially 2 weeks and 1 day attack free. Since May I haven't gone 2 whole weeks without another attack, I hope I'm finally on the right track.

I enjoy seeing the pictures and hearing the stories of what all you do, thank you for sharing.
    rave, JerryRM, tmcase and 6 others like this.
    ~~~~~~~For my Nieces Sofi, Allison & Chloe Sydelle~~~~~~~

CASAA Member

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Evie Luv View Post
    Good afternoon Voltpeeps, I am officially 2 weeks and 1 day attack free. Since May I haven't gone 2 whole weeks without another attack, I hope I'm finally on the right track.

I enjoy seeing the pictures and hearing the stories of what all you do, thank you for sharing.
    Wonderful news, Evie.

I'm sure drip systems aren't all that exciting to a lot of folks but I have appreciated that awsum enjoys talking about it.
    rave, Evie Luv, tmcase and 3 others like this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Rave, that's not right that the kids didn't clean up after themselves. Are you going to insist they do it? Sometimes kids just take moms for granted: "Oh, Mom will clean up. We have to work, and she has nothing to do." Ha!
    I griped and they took one rug outside and shook off the mud chunks. They think that there's no problem with the floors because I have robots. But, I still have to clear everything off of the floors to make room for the bots to work. There's a lot of lifting involved. The dishes I've already taken care of. They work 12 hours days and they're trying to build a house. I'm gonna pick my battles on this. It just isn't worth the stress of getting into a fight.
    Evie Luv, tmcase, SandySu and 4 others like this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Evie Luv View Post

YAY!! Great news!
    Evie Luv, tmcase and celticluvr like this.