Chit Chat in VOLTVILLE Thread #2 :) - Page 569
Page 569 of 802 FirstFirst ... 69469519559565566567568569570571572573579619669 ... LastLast
Results 5,681 to 5,690 of 8011
Like Tree41529Likes

Thread: Chit Chat in VOLTVILLE Thread #2 :)

ECF Guru Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by SandySu View Post
    Rave, that's not right that the kids didn't clean up after themselves.
    You got that right.
    SandySu and celticluvr like this.

Life is short, bend the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, live passionately and never forget anything that made you smile.

* Resident Wood Nymph * Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tmcase View Post
    Then....right after you get your house straightened up we'll be there. You're never going to get a break.
    Yeah - but we'll be gallivanting around looking at houses. That's just FUN! Plus, we can show you a few of the local natural attractions.
    JerryRM, tmcase, SandySu and 3 others like this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Alabama just a small town kind of girl...Not Greenbo

Quote Originally Posted by rave View Post
    I have one with a bowl that you freeze and then you have to crank it. A LOT! It's bunches of fun, but it's best when you can pass it on to someone else when your arm gets tired and your hands get cold.
    I have a 4 quart one that you use rock salt and ice but I was wondering if the smaller ones that you just freeze the bowl are any good at making ice cream.
    rave, JerryRM, 0mg Meniere and 1 others like this.
    ~~~~~~~For my Nieces Alison, Sofi, & Serenity~~~~~~~

CASAA Member

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Evie Luv View Post
    Good afternoon Voltpeeps, I am officially 2 weeks and 1 day attack free. Since May I haven't gone 2 whole weeks without another attack, I hope I'm finally on the right track.

I enjoy seeing the pictures and hearing the stories of what all you do, thank you for sharing.
    Really glad to hear this Evie.
    rave, JerryRM, Evie Luv and 2 others like this.

Life is short, bend the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, live passionately and never forget anything that made you smile.

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Sitting down, facing forward, but that's not important right now.
    Blog Entries

Rave, that's a shame about your Jeep. I hate automotive wiring, the logic behind it always boggles my mind. I'm fixing up my Jeep one problem at a time. I got the crankshaft position sensor replaced and now it needs a vehicle speed sensor...it used to be a speedometer cable. At least it isn't too expensive and I can do it with a ratchet and some cursing. The big trick is not having it hot from driving, but I seem to keep making post office runs to ship stuff which keeps putting it off.

Glad to hear you're doing better, Evie!

Terry, I have excellent results with a single fan on exhaust. The trick is to limit the air intake to one location or small intake in multiple locations. We may have an insulation advantage as well with a house versus a mobile home. Worst case, get a bigger fan! Finger, toes and eyes crossed that a house is in your near future.
    rave, JerryRM, Evie Luv and 6 others like this.
    If it's not a Boerboel, it's just a dog.

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Welllll ... I heard from my mechanic. It isn't good. He started tracing down the wiring and found rodent damage all over the place. He says that it would be "cost prohibitive" for them to try to fix it. The bill would be in the thousands. My poor Jeepers. My BF says that he can rewire it. He's rewired buses and they take miles of wire. But, it's not something that can be done before Terry's visit. I can't even believe he's offering to do this for me. Dunno what I'd do without him. I'll have to do my best to make it up to him somehow.

*sigh*
    Uh oh! We aren't going to look for houses without you.
    rave, JerryRM, SandySu and 1 others like this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran 0mg Meniere's Avatar

Yeah - but we'll be gallivanting around looking at houses. That's just FUN! Plus, we can show you a few of the local natural attractions.
    I ought to jog over and see you before school starts in the fall.
    rave, JerryRM, tmcase and 3 others like this.
    I am a dollar-a-day vaper and a Vamo lover. I recoil clearo heads and mix my own juice.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I dunno how long it'll take. According to Dave, he'll have it closed in by winter, but I have my doubts. Even though he helped a great deal when David and I built this house, he still has a lot to learn. I've looked over his framing design on SketchUp and it all looks great. But, you know how it is. There are always things that come up. And, they are paying for it as they go along. Even though they make excellent wages in their jobs, it still takes a lot to build a house. I'm guessing that it will be two years before they are able to move out - give or take. Sure hope I'm wrong, but I think that it realistic.
    ACK, two years is too long without some house rules. That's not nearly close enough for the Xes on the calendar thing.

The problem with me, money and construction is that I seem to keep running out of money before I can finish, then I end up redesigning and tweaking while I'm trying to come up with more. Then it just goes on and on. I finish it eventually, but it always takes me a little longer than I planned.
    rave, JerryRM, tmcase and 4 others like this.

smoke-free since may 4, 2011, 5:15 p.m.!

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Sitting down, facing forward, but that's not important right now.
    Blog Entries

I have started the "Montgomery Scott" (Scotty on Star Trek) rule for estimating time to complete a project. Guess how long it will take, then seriously analyze how long it will take, add 100% to that then multiply by three. That way if I'm done sooner I feel better!
    rave, JerryRM, Evie Luv and 5 others like this.
    If it's not a Boerboel, it's just a dog.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran 0mg Meniere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cindycated View Post
    The problem with me, money and construction is that I seem to keep running out of money before I can finish, then I end up redesigning and tweaking while I'm trying to come up with more. Then it just goes on and on. I finish it eventually, but it always takes me a little longer than I planned.
    I have been watching H&G TV a lot lately, and they usually finish witin the time-frame, but NEVER without unexpected $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ problems.
    rave, JerryRM, tmcase and 3 others like this.
    I am a dollar-a-day vaper and a Vamo lover. I recoil clearo heads and mix my own juice.