Chit Chat in VOLTVILLE Thread #2 :) - Page 574
Page 574 of 1056 FirstFirst ... 74474524564570571572573574575576577578584624674 ... LastLast
Results 5,731 to 5,740 of 10558
Like Tree57823Likes

Thread: Chit Chat in VOLTVILLE Thread #2 :)

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Don't give up, ladies, somewhere out there is the perfect guy for you.
    rave, SandySu and celticluvr like this.
    DON'T go back to smoking, no matter what the FDA does.
    Going back to smoking will be a huge loss for you, in more ways than one.

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Thanks QRXT. She's my second grand-niece. The first one was born last August, only 3 days before my birthday.
    rave, SandySu, cindycated and 3 others like this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by JerryRM View Post
    Don't give up, ladies, somewhere out there is the perfect guy for you.
    I doubt it at this stage of my life, but thanks for the thought.

The other night I was sitting with a hospice patient. I thought he might want to watch tv. I turned it on, but he was more interested in looking at me. I commented to the nurse about that, and she thought it was funny.
    Last edited by 0mg Meniere; 07-10-2014 at 01:49 AM.
    rave, JerryRM, tmcase and 3 others like this.

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by 0mg Meniere View Post
    I doubt it at this stage of my life, but thanks for the thought.
    OMG, age is irrelevant. My dad became a widower, when he was 64. He had girlfriends after my mother passed away and he even had the opportunity to marry at least one of them. He chose not to get married, not because of age, but because he loved and still does love, my late mother.
    rave, Evie Luv, tmcase and 5 others like this.

PV Master ECF Veteran Wuzznt Me's Avatar

After 42 years of being married if anything happened to my Bride I probably would get married again. I just don't want to be any other way. I've been really blessed.
    rave, Evie Luv, SandySu and 3 others like this.
    Life's too short to vape nasty juice

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Alabama just a small town kind of girl...Not Greenbo

I've been married 25 years and if anything happened to my hubby. I don't think I would marry again. I've had just too many years of doing as others wanted. I'd be ready to be my own boss and to live my life how I wanted it lived. It would take someone pretty special for me to ever marry again. Someone that valued my opinions and took my wants and desires into account when "we" made decisions.

To me the worst feeling in the world is when you spend hours cooking a great meal, then you get to sit and eat with the family, then while everyone leaves without a word of thanks to go enjoy time together or a movie, your left in the kitchen cleaning off the table and washing dishes while you listen to others laughing and enjoying their evening. You just feel used and alone.
    rave, SandySu, QRXT and 3 others like this.
    ~~~~~~~For my Nieces Sofi, Allison & Chloe Sydelle~~~~~~~

CASAA Member

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Evie Luv View Post
    I've been married 25 years and if anything happened to my hubby. I don't think I would marry again. I've had just too many years of doing as others wanted. I'd be ready to be my own boss and to live my life how I wanted it lived. It would take someone pretty special for me to ever marry again. Someone that valued my opinions and took my wants and desires into account when "we" made decisions.

To me the worst feeling in the world is when you spend hours cooking a great meal, then you get to sit and eat with the family, then while everyone leaves without a word of thanks to go enjoy time together or a movie, your left in the kitchen cleaning off the table and washing dishes while you listen to others laughing and enjoying their evening. You just feel used and alone.
    I hope your aren't talking about your life. That would just be too sad.
    rave, Evie Luv, SandySu and 2 others like this.

Life is short, bend the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, live passionately and never forget anything that made you smile.

PV Master ECF Veteran Wuzznt Me's Avatar

Sure sorry to hear that Evie. That's not the way it's supposed to work.
    Last edited by Wuzznt Me; 07-10-2014 at 12:18 PM.
    rave, Evie Luv, tmcase and 3 others like this.
    Life's too short to vape nasty juice

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

On my mothers' parents had an ideal marriage. After my grandmother died, my grandfather remarried to a woman who looked like her. That was the only resemblance. He was very unhappy.

My mother spent thirty years single after my father died. Many times she mentioned that she regretted never doing anything about my father's chronic depression. I went through some very troubled years with her constantly telling me to just get it together. After Dad died, I finally got on antidepressants, and things got a lot better. In our case, the problem on my father's side of the family is more cultural than genetic. If someone had known about the cultural issues, counseling would have done wonders. I am now down to venlafaxine 37.5 and nortriptylin 25 mg after years of working on my own to understand the cultural issues. I know, TMI. Jerry, Sandy, and Lizzie know about it.

So, Evie, I understand your struggle.
    rave, Wuzznt Me, Evie Luv and 4 others like this.

Does your family know you feel this way? Maybe they'd be willing to help clean up after dinner if they did. Getting them to help and make things more fair might relieve your stress. I realize that 25 years of doing things a certain way will make it hard for them to change, but change is possible. I think you should talk to them all about it.
    rave, Wuzznt Me, Evie Luv and 3 others like this.