Chit Chat in VOLTVILLE Thread #2 :) - Page 620
Page 620 of 1058 FirstFirst ... 120520570610616617618619620621622623624630670720 ... LastLast
Results 6,191 to 6,200 of 10571
Like Tree57873Likes

Thread: Chit Chat in VOLTVILLE Thread #2 :)

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by rave View Post
    Wellll, I just saw Terry wave goodbye in my surveillance camera on their way out the driveway heading back to Washington. Ah well. When she comes back, she'll be back to stay. At least, that's the most likely scenario. I'm refusing to accept any other circumstances.

She talked with her lender this morning, and there is nothing else that she will have to do "in person". It's all up to the lender now and Terry was given the go-ahead to travel home. My work here is done.

Be it known: When I set out to do something, I by-gosh DO IT!
    By gawd, she means it! LOL!

One set back though since Rave posted. My realtor said that the sellers accepted my offer but what she said was they will probably accept it. my realtor called me on the road about 3 to 4 hrs away and told me he screwed up. My stomach immediately lurched. They counter offered by $2000 more. I said go for it. So now I have to wait until morning for him to fax me the counter offer to approve and sign and fax back so we have lost another day or two. (insert bad word here). We'll get this done if the stress doesn't kill me first.
    rave, Evie Luv, Uncle and 5 others like this.

Life is short, bend the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, live passionately and never forget anything that made you smile.

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

The house has about 15 sets of wood slat blinds, all filthy and needing to be cleaned one slat at a time.

All the windows had to be cleaned on the inside only.

Living room, dining room family room kitchen with eating area, all wood floors to be !mopped.

Laundry room, Powder room, 2 full bathrooms all with mirrors to be cleaned plus 8 giant mirror closet doors.

The cabinets in the bathrooms and kitchen were scrungy and had to be cleaned inside and out.

4 fans to be cleaned, on a ladder.

Linoleum floors in the laundry room and bathrooms to be mopped.

Oh, and they wanted the hearth scrubbed.

That's not a complete list but that was a lot of it.

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Renolizzie; 07-24-2014 at 01:41 AM.
    rave, SandySu, QRXT and 2 others like this.

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by SandySu View Post
    Bon voyage, Terry & BF! I sure hope it's cooler for them on the way back. I think now we're having that heat they had. The weather report says this afternoon/evening, it'll rain hard and cool it off, and I can hardly wait!

I'm still sending house-buying vibes, even though it sounds like a sure thing. I can't wait to see pictures! Rave, you have been a really great friend to help them find the perfect place!
    Ditto your last sentence.
    rave, Uncle, SandySu and 3 others like this.

Life is short, bend the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, live passionately and never forget anything that made you smile.

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Geez, terry, that is rough.

rave, QRXT and celticluvr like this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Renolizzie View Post
    The house has about 15 sets of wood slat blinds, all filthy and needing to be cleaned one slat at a time..... Oh, and they wanted the hearth scrubbed.

Lizzie, it sounds like they were poor housekeepers who finally conceded that they needed someone to come in and get it done. I thought that you were talking about one of your usual jobs.
    rave, SandySu, QRXT and 1 others like this.

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

It was their house that I used to clean but they got a new house so now I clean the new house. The old house was rented out for two years to people that apparently don't like to clean.

I just hope my clients are happy. I gave it my all.

rave, SandySu, QRXT and 3 others like this.

ECF Veteran

AAH! My grandfather had some rentals. Every once and a while we would help Mom clean one between tenants. That can get nasty. You can always go back and touch up whatever they think needs a bit more. Or better, when you have something major like that, you can hire someone to help.

At least it was empty, so you didn't have to work around and clean under furniture. I hate to think of the dust bunnies under some of mine.

I am going to ask for a step-stool so I can clean the nicotine stains around the ceiling. I also need to fill some nail-holes. Just about ready to use the shower after three days curing the new caulking at the bottom. I used pink insulation to fill in the gap. Might really help in the winter on the outside wall.
    Last edited by 0mg Meniere; 07-24-2014 at 02:27 AM.
    rave, Uncle, SandySu and 2 others like this.

* Resident Wood Nymph * Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

The house has about 15 sets of wood slat blinds, all filthy and needing to be cleaned one slat at a time.

Living room, dining room family room kitchen with eating area, all wood floors to be !mopped.

Laundry room, Powder room, 2 full bathrooms all with mirrors to be cleaned plus 8 giant mirror closet doors.

The cabinets in the bathrooms and kitchen were scrungy and had to be cleaned inside and out.

Holy cow! No wonder you're so worn out. Hope your soreness goes away quickly. You're a tough gal, and I never fail to be impressed by what you accomplish!!

Quote Originally Posted by tmcase View Post
    Ditto your last sentence.
    Aw shucks, Terry. I told ya already that I had ulterior motives. Now I'll have a fishin' buddy. But really, we always have seemed to "click" and it'll be nice to be able to hang out as often as we like. Just sayin'.
    tmcase, Uncle, SandySu and 3 others like this.

ECF Veteran

Yeah, Lizzie, that woulda taken me three days!

I know exactly what that soreness feels like. Have you ever soaked in a warm tub with epsom salt? Heavenly!
    rave, tmcase, SandySu and 2 others like this.

smoke-free since may 4, 2011, 5:15 p.m.!

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by rave View Post
    Holy cow! No wonder you're so worn out. Hope your soreness goes away quickly. You're a tough gal, and I never fail to be impressed by what you accomplish!!

Aw shucks, Terry. I told ya already that I had ulterior motives. Now I'll have a fishin' buddy. But really, we always have seemed to "click" and it'll be nice to be able to hang out as often as we like. Just sayin'.
    Ditto your last sentence. LOL!
    rave, QRXT and celticluvr like this.