UPS, FDA, customs, and brokerage fees? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: UPS, FDA, customs, and brokerage fees?

Double Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Wow kookie. That would be nice to have a local retailer of any kind of swedish snus. The retailer that general listed on their site for my area doesn't stock any and acted like they didn't want to order any for me.

Sanity is overrated. I'd rather be happy.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by hittman View Post
    Wow kookie. That would be nice to have a local retailer of any kind of swedish snus. The retailer that general listed on their site for my area doesn't stock any and acted like they didn't want to order any for me.
    I know. I found them through the General site. When I called the cigar shop (1.2 miles away) to ask, the guy said, "I have one in my mouth now!" LOL.

I gleefully ran up there. I will have to visit again before my assortment I ordered arrives.

I did notice, after the fact, that one of the cans I got from them is expired.

I will maybe go up there with my assortment to encourage the guy who likes snus. (If it ever does make it to my door.)

I would think this pact thing would effect their willingness to reorder any.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Yeah I don't know if retailers get their orders directly from general or if it goes thru some place like getsnus. If getsnus has deals for retailers then they would probably still stock it since it would ship from within the U.S. . If not then I don't know how that will work out. I thought I read somewhere that general was trying to expand sales in the US.

ECF Veteran

I wish I had read this before committing to a shipment from Sweden last week. They finally shipped my order (The shipment was delayed because one item was on back order):

LOUISVILLE, KY, US 07/02/2010 12:31 P.M. IMPORT SCAN
    PHILADELPHIA, PA, US 07/02/2010 11:55 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
    LOUISVILLE, KY, US 07/02/2010 9:01 A.M. REGISTERED WITH CLEARING AGENCY / BROKERAGE RELEASED. WAITING FOR CLR AGY
    07/02/2010 9:01 A.M. REGISTERED WITH CLEARING AGENCY / BROKERAGE RELEASED. WAITING FOR CLR AGY
    07/02/2010 9:01 A.M. REGISTERED WITH CLEARING AGENCY / BROKERAGE RELEASED. WAITING FOR CLR AGY
    PHILADELPHIA, PA, US 07/02/2010 7:04 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
    LOUISVILLE, KY, US 07/02/2010 1:31 A.M. REGISTERED WITH CLEARING AGENCY / SHIPMENT SUBMITTED TO CLEARING AGENCY
    07/02/2010 1:31 A.M. REGISTERED WITH CLEARING AGENCY / SHIPMENT SUBMITTED TO CLEARING AGENCY
    KOELN (COLOGNE), DE 07/02/2010 5:30 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
    07/02/2010 12:30 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
    KOELN (COLOGNE), DE 07/01/2010 11:29 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
    MALMO STURUP, SE 07/01/2010 11:17 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

It should get to me next week. We will see if I get a brokerage fee.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

You have me a little concerned now. I placed a last minute order with swedishsnus.com that shipped swedish post but is still in transit. I ordered on 6/28 but it has not arrived yet. I was expecting it to take a while but hope I don't get hit with fees also.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default WHEW!! The mail came!!

Who me, procrastinate??
    Ordered some of all the mini's Sunday night. Northerner, and Snuscentral were quoting $26.00 for shipping UPS. Yikes, I was ready to forget it. Snus.com showed regular worldwide mail for $5.00 so I went for it. I've been worried that it wouldn't make it, or would wind up on UPS or something. Just got it out of the mail box! Nice suprise.

I'm guessing that USPS doesn't want to haggle over dates just yet since I purchased before 7/1. I don't know as I haven't been following all of this closely. But I'm happy for now.
    Last edited by four2109; 07-03-2010 at 01:29 AM.
    BATTERIES CAN EXPLODE!
    Do your homework. Understand The Risks.
    If you don't understand it, DON"T DO IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Kookie View Post
    I wish I had read this before committing to a shipment from Sweden last week. They finally shipped my order (The shipment was delayed because one item was on back order):

LOUISVILLE, KY, US 07/02/2010 12:31 P.M. IMPORT SCAN
    PHILADELPHIA, PA, US 07/02/2010 11:55 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
    LOUISVILLE, KY, US 07/02/2010 9:01 A.M. REGISTERED WITH CLEARING AGENCY / BROKERAGE RELEASED. WAITING FOR CLR AGY
    PHILADELPHIA, PA, US 07/02/2010 7:04 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
    LOUISVILLE, KY, US 07/02/2010 1:31 A.M. REGISTERED WITH CLEARING AGENCY / SHIPMENT SUBMITTED TO CLEARING AGENCY
    07/02/2010 1:31 A.M. REGISTERED WITH CLEARING AGENCY / SHIPMENT SUBMITTED TO CLEARING AGENCY
    KOELN (COLOGNE), DE 07/02/2010 5:30 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
    07/02/2010 12:30 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
    KOELN (COLOGNE), DE 07/01/2010 11:29 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
    MALMO STURUP, SE 07/01/2010 11:17 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

It should get to me next week. We will see if I get a brokerage fee.

You will have a brokerage fee, unless the shipper marked it to be handled by their broker and are picking up duties.

ECF Veteran

Yeah!!! I finally got it!! No brokerage fee! SnusCentral. And boy, was it HOT. Off that hot brown truck. I should be good for 2 months.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kookie View Post
    Yeah!!! I finally got it!! No brokerage fee! SnusCentral. And boy, was it HOT. Off that hot brown truck. I should be good for 2 months.
    I guess PACT is already hurting USPS. They going for another price increase in January. The gubbermint is not just hurting the native Americans,

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Default Re: UPS, FDA, customs, and brokerage fees?

Andy....my husband and I put in a snuscentral order several weeks ago, and UPS would not ship anything over $200. I am confused how you could have ordered 10 rolls.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast