Hello Bad Girls :) - Page 51
Page 51 of 548 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
Like Tree3838Likes

Thread: Hello Bad Girls :)

Super Member ECF Veteran
    Florida... Moved from New Jersey 11/13/10

Susie you are more than welcome to come & help unpack.... but I hope you like to paint...lol I am hoping to paint some of the rooms before all of our crap gets moved in..

As for attorney review... (I live in NJ .... people here use lawyers for everything) anyway.... attorney review is just where both attorneys review the contract and make any additional changes the either the buyers or sellers would like to make and both parties need to agree and sign off on those changes. The contract is not final until this process ends. It usually takes about 3 days but lol.. of course not this time.

Building a house can be fun but also a never racking experience as well. We were not expecting me to be out of work this spring/summer either. So the money was/is extra, extra tight in this process. Normally I am on seasonal lay-off during the winter months (I worked for a pool construction company) but they have been hit hard by the economy & they didn't take most of us back this season. I still go in 1 day a month to do the bank reconciliation.

Trying to organize it all to happen at once and hoping that everything will fall into place. Hubby is there, I am here and I have been doing this via pictures, videos, IM's & the internet. The builder is good & understands.... they have tried to mail me samples of things or tell me places that I could go up here to see things in person.

I just need it over so that I can get our lives back to normal. lol.. well as normal as they can be...

The whole point of us moving is to try to make a better life for our family. To live a bit more comfortably & be able to enjoy out time together. Instead of working ourselves to death, living to pay the bills and having no time as a family. We wanted to do this while the kids are still young. Life is to short. It will be hard on me... my entire family lives here & my mom and I are very close. I know that this will be extremely hard on her as well.
    Last edited by Ravens Rose; 09-25-2010 at 08:17 PM.

Supplier Associate ECF Veteran lorikay13's Avatar

well that was an exersise in futility.....the neighbor came pounding on the door to ask if she could borrow the wheelbarrow....and is now right out side my bedroom window shoveling rocks......

but look what I found out!!!!!

"This is the first set of experiments that demonstrate that even healthy people's brains mimic certain pathological psychiatric patterns when deprived of sleep, "Walker said."Before, it was difficult to separate out the effect of sleep versus the disease itself. Now we're closer to being able to look into whether the person has a psychiatric disease or a sleep disorder."
    http://berkeley.edu/news/media/relea...leeploss.shtml

so maybe I'm NOT crazy????? or not just crazy anyway.....

"Emotionally, you're not on a level playing field, "Walker added. really? ya think?

so here's MY question...if you never sleep...how long before the damage is permanent? cuz I'm thinking I may just be screwed here so there is no point in wasting time even trying......maybe I should actually read the article?

this is fantastic!!!!

"If, for example, the amygdala reacts strongly to a violent movie, the prefrontal cortex lets the brain know that the scene is make-believe and to settle down. But instead of connecting to the prefrontal cortex, the brain on no sleep connects to the locus coeruleus, the oldest part of the brain which releases noradrenalin to ward off imminent threats to survival, posing a volatile mix, according to the study."

See Bill it ISN'T just because I'm female......

so now the most important question of all.....does artificially induced sleep count? I'm thinking.....no.

where is the mascot???? I have a present for him:

Last edited by lorikay13; 09-25-2010 at 08:30 PM.

Super Member ECF Veteran

OMG Woman.... What will it take to knock you out!!! LOL... that's actually what a nurse said to me in the hospital after giving birth to my son... She had already given me 2 Ambien CR & 2 Percocet!!!

yea....see.....speaking of permanent damage.....if you gave that to me....and even added a pitcher of martinis to the mix....you would have to put me in 5point restraints.

well....not like I would actually know what that's like.............but I think I saw it in a movie, hehe

Super Member ECF Veteran

Well the best I can do there is send the five point safety harness from a car seat that I need to throw out... Did you know that car seats have an expiration date.....

Supplier Associate ECF Veteran susie22321's Avatar

Dr. Susie prescribes Klonopin

Super Member ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I can't figure out how to add multiple quotes....so try to keep up, girls!
    LK, if I had my way. Would never leave my house and usually don't. Have everything I need and it makes me feel safer than anywhere else. Besides, almost everyone I have tried to be friends with here are either fruit loops are were only using me...
    Crazy is good. I think it is better than being normal and boring...
    Raven, she loves girly stuff! Her rooms is done in Hello Kitty and Tinkerbell...and Zhu Zhu Pets, Build a Bear, Barbie....anything. And since basically my house is being rebuilt, I've to to pick out all the stuff, too. I am hoping - because of the huge deductible - that I can paint myself and save some money. We went over today and they had all the kitchen cabinets pulled, the floor to ceiling shelves and cabinets in our huge game room and all the drywall cut out four feet up from the floor.
    Let's see....who was I going to talk to next?
    Susie! You can come to Vegas and help me unpack and pitch about 80% of all the junk they packed up...over 300 boxes. But they were little tiny boxes!!
    I have something called psoriatic arthritis which is kinda rare and started when I was younger. On a daily basis I take anywhere from 180 - 240mg of morphine. Half what I am prescribed. When I was working, my daily dose was 800mg a day. My body metabolizes drugs very differently from most people; on the 800mg, I am totally in control of my facilities. No drowsiness - in fact, it speeds me up so I can't take it at night. All my life, I've woke up during surgeries, so now I have a special on-call doctor to handle putting me to sleep or for pain management in a crisis situation. I also have four VERY rare forms of psoriasis which affect my hands, the bottom of my feet, general 'girl' regions and the interior surfaces of my bones. Most people get one shot a month....I get two a week.....my doctors call me the 'alien' patient. lol
    I don't know why I mentioned that......
    It is nap time. Have been to the house, walked the dogs three times, washed the van, hosted a play date for Kayde, held an impromptu 'E-Cig basics 101' for the construction workers at the house and another for the housekeeping staff during their lunch break and then had a lady come over to try different PV's and juices to decide what to quit with. She wanted to buy my SS and I told her I did love her....just not that much....
    I'll be back....

Super Member ECF Veteran

Cate... What I will do then is get one of those priority flat rate boxes & keep it around & as I pack & go through stuff I will put things in the box for her. Does she like princess stuff?

okay I think it's official...I must be sick. Not only have I been trying to sleep all day but I'm hungry too...and coughing. And cranky and pissed off at nothing...guess it's probably a cold or flu coming on...anyway...I'll maybe see you all tomorrow.....

cate...vegas doesnt exactly seem like the place to find genuine friends....I know I wouldnt want to live there. Glad you found us.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Lk try to at least rest... I know that it is hard for you to do but our bodies eventually cave in and won't let you push them any further until you rest for a bit. Hope you feel better soon. Take it easy...