Page 547 of 548 FirstFirst ... 47447497537543544545546547548 LastLast
Results 5,461 to 5,470 of 5479
Like Tree3847Likes

Thread: Hello Bad Girls :)

CES
    optimistic cynic Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Hey LK, wanna pass this on to the powers that be at SS?

It's an announcement for a grant opportunity for e-cig development for small businesses. It'd be cool if a company that actually understands vaping would apply for and get these funds. (the application process is a real PIA though)

https://www.fbo.gov/?s=opportunity&m...=core&_cview=0

E-MAIL: [email protected] [email protected] NAICS: 541990 The National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), National Institutes of Health (NIH), Bethesda, MD 20892 will be soliciting proposals from small business concerns that possess the research and development (R&D) expertise to conduct innovative research that will contribute toward meeting the program objectives. NIDA has an interest in understanding the consequences of nicotine addiction and promoting research into smoking cessation and reduction of harm caused by smoking. Electronic nicotine delivery systems (ENDS, also known as electronic cigarettes) are recently developed devices that deliver nicotine along with other constituents and flavorings in an inhalable aerosol. NIDA has an interest in supporting research into ENDSbecause their use is rapidly increasing in adults and youth, and they may also represent a valuable opportunity for harm reduction and smoking cessation. The currently available research data on ENDS is insufficient to fully inform public policy or to assess their overall impact on public health. Research is hampered for several reasons, including the limited information available on the nicotinedelivery characteristics and uncertainty that any specific model will be available for the full term of a multi-year study. Furthermore, currently available devices do not have the product data and manufacturing documentation required for Investigational New Drug (IND) approval, thereby preventing their use in many clinical studies. In order to accelerate ENDS research, NIDA is seeking proposals to develop a standardized ENDS to be used in clinical research. This request forproposals may be most relevant (but not limited) to current ENDS manufacturers,provided they are eligible to apply to the SBIR program. The solicitation will be available electronically on or about June 16, 2014. You will access the solicitation through the FedBizOpps (URL: http://www.fbo.gov) or through the NIDA website: (URL:
    NIDA Requests for Contract Proposals (RFPs) | National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)).

All information required for the submission of a proposal is contained in or accessible through the solicitation package. NIDA will consider proposals submitted by any responsible offeror. This advertisement does not commit the Government to award a contract. NIDA plans a closing date of September 30, 2014, for receipt of proposals. The solicitation will be available ONLY via electronic means. Printed copies of the solicitation will not be distributed. Potential offerors are encouraged to check the fedbizopps.gov for updates on the program. Any updates or corrections to the solicitation will be posted there. The purposes of the SBIR program are to: (a) stimulate technological innovation in the private sector; (b) strengthen the role ofsmall business in meeting Federal research/research & development (R/R&D) needs; (c) increase the commercial application of Federally-supported research results; (d) foster and encourage participation by socially and economically disadvantaged small business concerns and women-owned business concerns; and improve the return on investment from Federally-funded research for economic and social benefits to the Nation. For purposes of the SBIR program, a small business concern is any business concern that, on the date of award, (1) is organized for profit, with a place of business located in the United States, which operates primarily within the United States or which makes a significant contribution to the UnitedStates economy through payment of taxes or use of American products, materials or labor; (2) is in the legal form of an individual proprietorship, partnership,limited liability company, corporation, joint venture, association, trust or cooperative, except that where the form is a joint venture, there must be less than 50 percent participation by foreign business entities in the joint venture; (3) more than 50% directly owned and controlled by one or more individuals (who are citizens or permanent resident aliens of the United States), other business concerns (each of which is more than 50% directly owned and controlled by individuals who are citizens or permanent resident aliens of the United States), or any combination of these; OR more than 50% owned by multiple venture capital operating companies, hedge funds, private equity firms, or any combination of these. Nosingle venture capital operating company, hedge fund, or private equity firm may own more than 50% of the concern AND (4) has, including its affiliates, no more than 500 employees.CITE:

https://www.fbo.gov/?s=opportunity&m...a6d8ecec8e6e66
    8c10050947&tab=core&_cview=0Posted 05/29/14 (W-SN03379087). (0149)

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by CES View Post
    Hey LK, wanna pass this on to the powers that be at SS?

It's an announcement for a grant opportunity for e-cig development for small businesses. It'd be cool if a company that actually understands vaping would apply for and get these funds. (the application process is a real PIA though)

https://www.fbo.gov/?s=opportunity&m...=core&_cview=0
    Yes it is.

But worth pursuing!

Very interesting.

Supplier Associate ECF Veteran lorikay13's Avatar

hmmmmmm......my initial reaction is....."it's a trick!!!" LOL

not sure how comfortable I would be having Big Brother watching over me.....

Help me out here CES....I don't see what's in it for us???

CES
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

It's only a trick if only companies that know nothing about vaping get the funds. It'd be a PIA to apply, and there's no guarantee that ss would get it, but the general idea might be described as money to fund product development and quality control.
    Last edited by CES; 07-15-2014 at 02:32 AM.

Hmmmmm....but no where does it SAY they will actually give you money. Or how much. I guess I just don't trust to govt. Seems like once you are on their radar you would never get off of it.

So how is everyone....has the Bad Girls club finally fizzled out???????????
    Katya likes this.

CES
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

oh, if you do the application and it gets awarded there is money involved to do the work. You get the first part of the funding before you start the majority of the work.

I guess we're just not very bad anymore....

CES
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

OMG...it's been a month since i posted here?!

(ok, so i was out of town for a good chunk of that time...but still!)

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Yeah, me too...

Lori, since you seem to be spending a lot of time in your tree, you may not have heard the sad news about Drew's passing... Thought you might want to know.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...ld-friend.html

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. But Drew was a pioneer and we all knew him. I'm going to miss him.

Happy Labor Day!

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

SmokeStik Ultra? SmokeStik e-liquids?

Looking good! Except, you can't hold an eGo-class battery like that--it won't work...

Congratulations!
    CES likes this.