Smoktech Vmax Owners - tips, tricks and quirks - Page 3
Page 3 of 372 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
Like Tree2687Likes

Thread: Smoktech Vmax Owners - tips, tricks and quirks

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzione View Post
    You know I've been playing with this thing for a week now and for the life of me cannot think of any practical use for a newer version that put out less power at its indicated 3v. What it produces at this setting is the least I would ever wish to use I think, say for a 1.5 atty. Even then I usually select something higher.
    im using 1,5ohm DC @ 3,3V lol....
    above that the flavor get weaker n weaker..

Ultra Member ECF Veteran VictoryNotVengence's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I just got my Vmax! My button doesn't wiggle. And some of my 18350's do fit in the end cap but require some gentle wiggling to get them in.

I guess I have to change my avatar to some kind of primate now huh?
    VAPNJ350 and fuzzione like this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by VictoryNotVengence View Post
    I just got my Vmax! My button doesn't wiggle. And some of my 18350's do fit in the end cap but require some gentle wiggling to get them in.

Hey congrats Vic. Funny about the battery fit. Suppose it's safe to assume some will fit better than others according to who manufactures/wraps them? Mine are generic IMR's and fit perfectly.

Let us know what works well for you and what doesn't with the vmax once you've had a chance to play with it.
    Monkey avatars are always welcome here!

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Lucky you!! I'm still waiting for mine! Does it take the flat top 18350's or button top?

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Thraizer View Post
    Lucky you!! I'm still waiting for mine! Does it take the flat top 18350's or button top?
    Using the botton top on mine. These particular ones (blue wrap, unbranded) fit absolutely perfectly. No wiggling necessary to get them in the end cap. Not even 'snug' i.e., if I put the battery in the cap and turn it upside down the battery will fall out. But snug enough so that no rattle. So either there exists micro differences in battery width depending on who makes them, or the end cap itself may be a work in progress as to its wall thickness, from one production run to another. Don't know for certain, just putting this out there.

Vic, does your voltage default to 5 or 3v when you put the batteries in? You may have gotten a newer version as my button does wiggle but works fine.
    Last edited by fuzzione; 05-12-2012 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Added last sentence

i'm using 16340 fit perfectly... but it's only 650mah

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzione View Post
    Using the botton top on mine. These particular ones (blue wrap, unbranded) fit absolutely perfectly. No wiggling necessary to get them in the end cap. Not even 'snug' i.e., if I put the battery in the cap and turn it upside down the battery will fall out. But snug enough so that no rattle. So either there exists micro differences in battery width depending on who makes them, or the end cap itself may be a work in progress as to its wall thickness, from one production run to another. Don't know for certain, just putting this out there.

Vic, does your voltage default to 5 or 3v when you put the batteries in? You may have gotten a newer version as my button does wiggle but works fine.
    I have flat top blue wrap unbranded 18350's. The voltage defaults to 5v, and the button is a little wiggly (in my first post I couldn't hear it over my air conditioner).
    If i put a battery in the end cap i could probably hold onto it hanging off the edge of an unfinished sky scraper and I wouldn't fall.

Did you see the Fazed review where in his 2nd vmax he couldn't fit the battery in? I think i have a model from that run, and if so if he had used some time, patience, and vasaline like i did he could have fit it in. (twss)

these are 900 mah batts though so they may be a bit "buldgyer" also they are ICR not IMR (go ahead and chastis me, i havn't blown my head off yet).

SInce its been out of the box I've been using it with a 3 ohm cisco 306 in a DCA at its "3.5v" setting. Any higher and its to hot.
    Last edited by VictoryNotVengence; 05-13-2012 at 03:19 AM.
    fuzzione likes this.

Blog Entries

I have some 2 ohm dual coil cartos, can these be used in the Vmax?
    I know that 1.5 ohm dcc's will pull to many amps and blow out the switch and the 2ohms were the highest ohm dcc's I could find at the moment I was shopping. Will these work okay?
    Also I got the Vmax and a DCA delivered on the same day. THe DCA came with a free debridged 306 atomizer (because I am so cool i guess) and I put it on the device to test the ohm reader. As soon as I pressed the button I got the code "F1" - meaning it was to low of ohms...must be an LR and I was thinking - great, i broke it before i could even vape on it - but it was OK afterward.

On a side note - to the people that are arguing in a definatly negative way, could you cool it please? I've seen 5 vmax threads closed in the last day because of it, I would rather the ones left stay open. Thanks.
    fuzzione likes this.

I have some 2 ohm dual coil cartos, can these be used in the Vmax?
    I know that 1.5 ohm dcc's will pull to many amps and blow out the switch and the 2ohms were the highest ohm dcc's I could find at the moment I was shopping. Will these work okay?
    Also I got the Vmax and a DCA delivered on the same day. THe DCA came with a free debridged 306 atomizer (because I am so cool i guess) and I put it on the device to test the ohm reader. As soon as I pressed the button I got the code "F1" - meaning it was to low of ohms...must be an LR and I was thinking - great, i broke it before i could even vape on it - but it was OK afterward.

On a side note - to the people that are arguing in a definatly negative way, could you cool it please? I've seen 5 vmax threads closed in the last day because of it, I would rather the ones left stay open. Thanks.
    Yes, it can be used in vmax , mine 1,5 ohm i usually used it @ 3,3-3,4.
    2 ohm must be around 3,5-4,0v.

funny thing , i charge my Battery, plug it in vmax, n vape...
    i forgot to set the voltage down, i got very2 bad vapor i think i broke my dc, but i turn the voltage down it vape just fine...
    i try not to forgot set voltage down now... i usually used LT.
    fuzzione likes this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I have flat top blue wrap unbranded 18350's. The voltage defaults to 5v, and the button is a little wiggly (in my first post I couldn't hear it over my air conditioner).
    If i put a battery in the end cap i could probably hold onto it hanging off the edge of an unfinished sky scraper and I wouldn't fall.
    Heh. Got the picture. Reminds me of a gal I used to know actually. But yes it now sounds like you got one of the earlier run models like the rest of us, after all.

these are 900 mah batts though so they may be a bit "buldgyer" also they are ICR not IMR (go ahead and chastis me, i havn't blown my head off yet).
    Na. You sound like a big boy to me.

I recall reading somewhere recently that the ICR iteration is a little thicker than the IMR's. Don't ask me where. Been reading everything everywhere these days.

Don't even get me started about Fazed's review.

Strange about your 306 dca. Same results with different juices I take it? I'm using a SC generic 306 at 1.7 (showing 1.6) and still get a great vape at your exact setting. Something about the DC's I would guess.