Smoktech Vmax Owners - tips, tricks and quirks - Page 6
Page 6 of 372 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
Like Tree2687Likes

Thread: Smoktech Vmax Owners - tips, tricks and quirks

Super Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzione View Post
    As this is my 1st vv mod I'm not exactly sure if this is 'normal' so I'd appreciate some input.

Currently I'm using a 2.5ohm Smoktech DC. If the battery reading on the vmax shows say, 6.9v, when I depress the fire button you can see the battery voltage drop...and drop....sometimes it dips below the 6.0 and activates the 'Lo' cutoff from time to time. Generally I recharge the batteries when I see this happening. Is this battery voltage drop of approx. 1.0v considered normal? I'm curious as to whether other vv devices display this characteristic.

Could it even be my batteries perhaps? Again, mine are the cheaper non-AW non-branded IMR 18350's. Any insights, particularly from the more experienced vv'rs among us would be appreciated.

Fuzzi, .... that's probably happening due to your batteries not being able to handle the amount of amperage the VMAX is asking for as it's running a DC. I'm using AW IMR 18350 "ONLY" (VICTORY) and both of my VMAX's initiate the Lo display at 6.3V, and no matter what carto I'm using it never drops below .5V even when the batteries are getting kinda low.AW IMR's have a much higher "constant sustained amperage output" which is what this device ABSOLUTELY NEEDS, people putting all these other type of batteries that have low constant amperage output (cheap IMR's and ICR's) are risking burning up the switch in a big way, guys it's just not worth risking killing this device to save some bucks on batteries as I'm sure you all agree. You, victory, and anyone else not using the best batteries you can buy need to get some AW's, "here's your sign"...www.supertmanufacturing.com.....best prices and service and CHEAP shipping that's super fast too !!! Ok, as I've tried A LOT of different batteries with both of these units here's kind of a short summary of batteries that WILL NOT FIT THE VMAX :

Trustfire 1200 maH button top (I wouldn't put trustfire batts in my flashlights)
    Ultrafire XSL (yellow) (they seem to work in some but not all VMAX's so I listed it )
    Some red off brands are too big in diameter (watch out for those their everywhere)
    Pretty much ALL ICR type protected batteries (Victory) lol (thats why they recommend IMR high drain batts, their smaller)
    This is my opinion as stated before, if your using a LR atty or carto on this device (single coil) your kinda defeating the purpose of buying and having a V V device, do yourself a favor and your VMAX and put a 3 ohm atty or carto on it (single coil) or a DC with coils above 3 ohms and see just how much better it performs in all aspects,not to mention taking all the risk out of damaging it. LR attys/cartos were merely designed to ""simulate"" a 5 volt vaping experience before Variable Voltage was around and all their was , was 3.7v devices. Food for thought. Tell a friend.

So far thats all I got for non-fitters. On a side note just so everyone is crystal clear and knows this "IMR BATTERIES ARE THE SAFEST BATTERIES MONEY CAN BUY, not to mention the best power source for your nice expensive new mod. " YOUR DEVICE IS ONLY AS GOOD AS THE BATTERIES INSIDE IT !!!!! I really hope this helps atleast 1 person out there,if anyone has further questions about anything and you would rather not post it here please feel free to PM me and I would be glad to lend a helping hand, take care everyone. .............................J
    Last edited by VAPNJ350; 05-14-2012 at 01:51 AM.
    CoyoteRed, 440BB, Optimo and 6 others like this.

Zmax,Vmax's,Penelope,801 Fusions,E'fest and Panny's

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Very good info on the batts VAPNJ350. I'm assuming the Ultrafire 18350 1200mah is identical to Trustfires? I have 2 Ultrafire 18350's for my Roughstack V2 and I was wondering if it would fit the vmax BUT now that you mentioned about the aw imr's and went and ordered some from the website you posted.
    VAPNJ350 likes this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

First-class post once again, VAPNJ350. Quality of this thread is superb thus far with people like you, Martin and others posting relevant, helpful info. Thank you.

I'll be ordering the AW's in no time flat and put a 'NO LR' medical bracelet around the vmax.
    Last edited by fuzzione; 05-14-2012 at 03:42 AM.
    VAPNJ350 likes this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran VictoryNotVengence's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm using 900 mah 3.7 ICR 18350's in my vmax. I've been using the same set of batteries for 2 days without a recharge. My dual 18650 vv box mod didn't last this long with 1600 mah batts. Will this thing ever die? I wish I hadn't bought 3 sets of batts for it.

Yup it was 2 days, at the end of my day yesterday they died. 2 days of vapin off those tiny batteries is pretty damn good.
    Last edited by VictoryNotVengence; 05-15-2012 at 12:57 AM.
    kaysesoze likes this.

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Alright.. I dropped my V-max. Twice!
    Once from my bedside table @ around 3'. Landed on the battery cap so all is good. Everything working fine.

Just 30 mins ago, i dropped it on my table as in, it was standing on its battery cap, i pushed it a little, and it toppled over. On its switch!

Now, I have a "touch button" Vmax. No more "click-y" button. All i need to vape now is to gently push on the button and it fires. Checked with supplier and it is still covered under warranty. BUT, i bought it from Malaysia and its too much of a hassle to send it over and wait, etc etc especially since this is my only PV right now other that my SDKs.

Gonna use it as it is for now. Behold... the silent Vmax. "Stealth" vaping on steroids!
    VAPNJ350, kurtus and fuzzione like this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by wultan View Post
    Alright.. I dropped my V-max. Twice!
    Once from my bedside table @ around 3'. Landed on the battery cap so all is good. Everything working fine.

Just 30 mins ago, i dropped it on my table as in, it was standing on its battery cap, i pushed it a little, and it toppled over. On its switch!

Now, I have a "touch button" Vmax. No more "click-y" button. All i need to vape now is to gently push on the button and it fires. Checked with supplier and it is still covered under warranty. BUT, i bought it from Malaysia and its too much of a hassle to send it over and wait, etc etc especially since this is my only PV right now other that my SDKs.

Gonna use it as it is for now. Behold... the silent Vmax. "Stealth" vaping on steroids!
    Well that sucks. Hard to believe a little table top tip would represent the primary offending blow. Possible that the initial 3' drop caused the real harm and the button was just waiting to die after that. In any event thanks for taking one for the team in your quest to discover that new touch-sensitive option

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

It's actually not much of a hassle to me. I always make it a habit to disconnect my cartos from the PV every time I need to put it in my bag, a habit I picked up when I was exclusively using the SDKs which are damn sensitive to leaks.

I will be getting it changed the next time I meet my supplier to get the SS Lambo. At US$70 for a full kit including 2 18650s, charger and atomizers, it's looks too good to pass over.

Somehow, as much as I will always want the Pro, I seem to be always drawn back to the "cheap knockoffs" which seems to satisfy my vaping needs as much as when I was on a Pro for 3 days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Also ordered 4 AW's from superT. Thanks again for the tip VAPNJ350. Great prices and nice to see a place that doesn't gouge you on the shipping.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran VictoryNotVengence's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I noticed something using one of the features on the Vmax.
    All the atties I bought from Ikenvape are higher ohms than what they are advertised as.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Most if not all atties are +/- 0.2 ohm

Page 6 of 372 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast