Smoktech ZMax Owners - Pics., Tips, Tricks and Quirks - Page 48
Page 48 of 212 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148 ... LastLast
Like Tree2033Likes

Thread: Smoktech ZMax Owners - Pics., Tips, Tricks and Quirks

Quote Originally Posted by retird View Post
    Suggestion....looks like DFWVapor is somewhat local to you....might just visit them/call them and get it looked at/replaced....just a thought...

I looked at their web page...didn't find a Zmax listed....was looking for warranty info for you...

From their site....

Warranty

All Products offered from DFW Vapor are under warranty for failures due to manufacturing defect. If a product fails contact [email protected] ASAP .
    Thanks, I already swung by there and got it replaced. They tinkered with it for a while and couldn't figure it out. There was also an issue with the menu. It wouldn't change settings on some menu options. Must have been a dud unit.
    dwcraig1 likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Good to hear ya gott'er taken care of....enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by retird View Post
    Good to hear ya gott'er taken care of....enjoy
    Thanks! I had my vivi nova tank on my lava tube and dropped it getting out of the car picking up the replacement. It broke the threads on the vivi nova inside the lavatube. So, now I have a cruddy tank on the zmax hindering my full enjoyment and threads stuck in a lavatube. What a day.

Thats enough of me playing the worlds smallest violin for one day.

Vape on everyone!

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Just received my Zmax today, so far very happy with it . It is a step up from my L-rider for sure. Couple questions hopefully someone can answer. Can i use my sanyo ur18650fm batteries in it ? These are the same battery gotvapes sells. I believe they are flat top batteries with no protection . I'm using a panny IMR 18650 2250mah in it now. Also is the fire button suppose to light up when pressed ? It seems the instructions imply that it should , or do they mean just the display ?
    Last edited by kbalz; 09-17-2012 at 08:54 PM.

Yes its been over a year since my last cigarette ! Yes I have avoided more than 13000 cigarettes ! No I haven't saved any money at all !..

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Here is a video.....seems in the video that the fire button does not light up....see for yourself

The Zmax - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by kbalz View Post
    Just received my Zmax today, so far very happy with it . It is a step up from my L-rider for sure. Couple questions hopefully someone can answer. Can i use my sanyo ur18650fm batteries in it ? These are the same battery gotvapes sells. I believe they are flat top batteries with no protection . I'm using a panny IMR 18650 2250mah in it now. Also is the fire button suppose to light up when pressed ? It seems the instructions imply that it should , or do they mean just the display ?

Super Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

@Kbalz
    As far as the battery goes (18650) The CGR Panasonic your using is the absolute best 18650 sold on the market today. Switching to the Sanyo would be going with 2nd to 3rd best but it will or should work fine. That sanyo is a really good cell if it's the one I'm thinking of and the one I tested. It came in right under the Panny CGR. (2nd or 3rd,can't remember) On the ZMAX the fire button DOES NOT and is NOT suppose to light up, just the display.
    If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask.

OK so I got my FULL production version Zmax today. .......And you all are correct, their is absolutely a "very small" very slight delay in the chipset cutting off after you let off the 'F'button. The unit I was sent 2 months ago did NOT have this cool little 'feature' lol. I almost kinda like it, I let off early and keep on drawin', kinda cool. I can notice a slight difference in it from the 18650 boosted setup to the stacked 18350 setup in warmth and shear power of the vape and inhale. Definitely seems warmer and quite ROBUST to say the least. And again the 1st model I couldn't tell the difference. In the next few days I'll re-test this unit to see just what the frequency is doing, if any change in the wave, and see how much if any of the Vrms is changed from 1 setup to the other. As a 1st thought after using it for a few hours,......WOW. I'm using a Fusion and I'm at 4.5 watts and have more than enough VTF and satisfaction.

Was sent a new style tank also that has a screw flange on the bottom of the bottom cap that you screw on to assure the carto doesn't go up or down. It locks the carto in the tank seemlessly. Pretty nice, easy concept. I'll try to post a pick later tonight. This is a nice little tank design.

Edit : Ok so this is interesting...I switched down to the single 18650 (Panny CGR ofcourse) and now to acheive the same VTF and warmth/satisfaction out of the vape I'm at 6w. Now earlier I had the Dual 18350 setup going and couldn't really go over 4-4.5w. I'm using the same Fusion carto, the same juice. So I have to say,atleast with my unit, YES, their is a difference in the single 18650 setup to the Dual 18350. You,or "I" can definitely tell a bit of difference from the boosted circuit to the step down circuit working. Now if their is anyone else out there with a extender cap that can put in some added input on this i would be very interested to know what your feeling from 1 to the next setup. I'm heading to the workbench and get on the LeCroy. Check back in later to see if anyone else has chimed in. Take care all....and enjoy your V/ZMAX
    Last edited by VAPNJ350; 09-17-2012 at 11:04 PM.

Zmax,Vmax's,Penelope,801 Fusions,E'fest and Panny's

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by VAPNJ350 View Post
    ... So I have to say,atleast with my unit, YES, their is a difference in the single 18650 setup to the Dual 18350. You,or "I" can definitely tell a bit of difference from the boosted circuit to the step down circuit working. ...
    So, VAPNJ, what you are saying here is that there is definitely no accuracy to the VW circuitry in the Z?

(Not that it matters, because I still believe that there is so much variation in physical characteristics from carto to carto [even of the same type] and variation in personal tastes from hour to hour, that it is still necessary to adjust the PV to optimize to your taste, even if it is a VW.

What I want to see most of all in a VV or VW circuit is a very stable output voltage as the input voltage drops.)
    Take a walk with a turtle, and behold the world in pause.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I got a couple of these tonight and figured I would share with my Max Brethren.

MOV Genesis Style Rebuildable Atomizer Tank

These are the all stainless ones. The co-ops for these are chrome plated brass. Get them quick. One site sold 75 in a couple hours.

ECF Moderator
    Original Guru
    Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I got it.. I got it.. I just barely got it today. Damned DHL delivery guy never showed up all day. I gave myself till 4:30p.m before I left for home, and he came at 4:27p.m. Flowers bloomed, the stars came out... until he handed me an additional $45 DHL invoice!

I did not have time to unpack and check out what I had received before I got home, but now that I have unpacked it, I can finally say.. IT IS SO WORTH THE WAIT!

What a gorgeous little device. The SS is a creamy silky finish that is absolutely dreamy to behold. The packaging is very tasteful and fits it perfectly. The device itself is slim. Slimmer than my other daily mods.. my Provari V2's.

Fit and Finish are perfect. The SMOK and ZMAX markings are non-intrusive and very tastefully done. Two thumbs up.

In goes the AW IMR 18650. Blue display is awesome. I got lost in the menu, but then calmed my breathing down and got it set to what I wanted. 8.0P. Perfect.

Slapped on the 2.0 DCT that I have on the Shan Mod onto it and FIRED IT FOR THE FIRST TIME... Sizzle sizzle TOO HOT!

Oh yeah.. it hits harder. Back to menu. Power down to 7.0.. FIRE!! Much nicer..

Set it down, and will wait until Fuzzione comes by in 1/2 hour to pick up his unit. He can help me fine tune it since he's familiar with the menu system on his VMax's.

Now, before I forget.. I have to mention this since I do not recollect any one else doing so. SmokTech has included an instruction manual (fold out type) with the ZMax, AND, it is VERY GOOD. Errr.. what?! a very good manual in a Chinese mod?! YES, and YES again.. Very Good!! It is in colour and in English, and the instructions are precise and to the point for each menu item. Well, as too the point as can be in a fold out type instruction manual. Again, two thumbs up.

So far, colour me impressed with this device and the work that SmokTech has done on it.

How it performs and holds out in the long run.. we shall have to wait and see.

PV Masher Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

This is an amazing thread... I'd say the _Max from Smok is a phenom. The talk about it is definitely a big topic.
    From a long time used to be Provari FB (couldn't hang with the Darwin), who figured that the atomizer innovation is where it's at for best vaping today, after all there are so many differ power (volt/watts) delivery devices out there, it's like a done deal, and for me its about the atomizer (hh357, hybrids, rba's)... I am surprised to be in on the Vmax Zmax wagon.

I got a Vmax V2 just because I was curious to see what China could come up with post LT...after all, didn't the first and most ecigs come from China? I have to say that it fits my needs alongside my V2 Provari any day...

I use mostly LR atomizers and even they need a bump when I do. I hate cranking up my Provari to its upper limits (I'm just stubborn) and because the Vmax gets right to the point, fast, when I don't want to finnesse a vape, when I mean business, it's the Smok Vmax every time. And now a VV/VW Smok Zmax???

There's co-ops running these and for the price, dang right I'm down with the Z. I'm paid up and just waiting for delivery.
    Optimo likes this.
    NBNeme-LP/SLReoGrand-RaptureRaptor120w-DreamBox120w-Ranger50w-DNA30-Flask40
    Magma b/f,AchillesTi,Prometey2Ti/EclipseTi-Erlkonign-Origen b/f-BigBenTi/GryphonTi
    Mr Miyagi, BamskiLychee,Pencil,Uke'sTropicalPunch