Help! I hate my Smoktech SiD
Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By Rabbit Chaser

Thread: Help! I hate my Smoktech SiD

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Exclamation Help! I hate my Smoktech SiD

So I have a K101 that I use for dripping exclusively and love it when I feel like dripping and bought a SiD just as a quick/fairly inexpensive upgrade for my eGo's. I hate it. The SiD. I have tried adjusting the voltage, wattage....my tank is a Protank II and it has a super tight draw and spits a lot. If it is too loose or too tight, it doesn't fire at all. There is little throat hit and very little vapor production regardless of what juice I use. What am I doing wrong? What is that sweet spot setting I might be looking for? I am ready to just suck up my losses and toss it in a drawer. Help!

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I'll take it!!

Some items work for some, not others..?
    Maybe try a different ohm coil in the PTII?

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

My PT2 works fine with mine. Try to pull the center pin up a mm, very gently. My PT2 could screw down another turn if not more where I use it and the airflow is fine, undrilled.

eGo-T>eGo Spinner w/ Kanger ProTank 2 & iClear 16>SmokTech SID/Vamo v3/itaste VTR> KTS+> Caravela with various rebuildables

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Thanks guys! I actually swapped out the battery to the original that came with it (samsung) and also changed out the coil....took it off VV mode and switched to wattage...shazam...good draw, good cloud and strong flavor. The SiD is now saved from banishment!

ECF Veteran

Glad to hear it is performing better!

eGo-T>eGo Spinner w/ Kanger ProTank 2 & iClear 16>SmokTech SID/Vamo v3/itaste VTR> KTS+> Caravela with various rebuildables

I just picked up 2 smoktech sid's on sale at my local Vape shop (Mr E's) yesterday...and I love them. It's a toss up on which is my favorite mod between the vamo 3 or the SID...coming in a close 3rd is my sigelei telescoping mod. I think they are all good mods and worth the money.

Super Member Verified Member

Good to hear you got it worked out.
    I have a SID on the way myself and am hoping for good things!

Quote Originally Posted by anumber1 View Post
    Good to hear you got it worked out.
    I have a SID on the way myself and am hoping for good things!
    Its an awesome mod. It's my first and not my last but so far I like it. I use different voltage settings for different juices and different wattage settings for different juices. There's no one sweet spot with my SiD.

Ultra Member Verified Member HecticEnergy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Glad you figured it out!

I have a SiD and love it.
    I only ever used VW. I vape around 8w. I'm on RTAs and RDAs now, but i put a micro coil in my mpt2 and it worked like a champ!
    I use efest IMR 2Ah batteries. They seem to do the trick! they seem to last me about 8 hours or so. I have 4 of them in a Intellicharger i4.

I should be getting my backup SiD in the mail tomorrow.

As far as the pin issue, you will know you have a problem when the resistance reads 999 or low load on a known good coil. check my blog post for my fix for the bad pin
    Healthy Body . Sick Mind