Considering a Smoketek SID - Confused on batteries - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Considering a Smoketek SID - Confused on batteries

Blog Entries

RTD Vapor is a reputable, go to vendor for genuine good quality batteries. Get some IMR - High Drain and they will not only give you a good vape, they should last longer treated with care....
    Garemlin likes this.
    I'm puffin' on a pipe bomb and carrying a detonator in my pocket,
    so just what was it you wanted to hassle me about ?? (No, I do not sub-ohm, pipe bomb is a joke)

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

What is the deal with the protected batteries on the RTD site??? Also would any of the Panasonic ones listed be good with the SID??? They have a higher mAh rating which is what I am looking for. Just don't know what the difference is with most of them. Would like to have 2500mAh or higher so I only have to carry one extra battery with me.

Ultra Member Verified Member sando7's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    i don't always use a VV/VW Device but when i do it's the MVP2/CLPR30/Sig100/BBcln/HCDNA30V3/IPVMini; taste it Love it my friends!....analog free since 2/16/14....UK WildCats

Blog Entries

Protected batteries, ICR, are a low drain variety, not made for VV/VW devices. If the description doesn't say IMR or High Drain or Hybrid they aren't made for the regulated mods.

The Panasonic High Drain NCR18650PD Hybrid 2900mAh Protected Button Top - Batteries would work and are a 10 amp rating, enough for a regulated mod, too little for mech mods.
    sando7 likes this.
    so just what was it you wanted to hassle me about ?? (No, I do not sub-ohm, pipe bomb is a joke)

Moved On Verified Member

this, thsi girl has the batteries figued out!

Quote Originally Posted by CreepyLady View Post
    AW IMR. Pila, Xtar or Nitecore (i2 or i4)

(you can also go from this list here http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...protected.html)

You can use button top or flat top if the length is correct (Uses 18650 battery (18mm x 65mm IMR))
    Stosh likes this.

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I have a SID and it works great till you use it for 6 months or so, then the dreaded "low load" message appears when the chincy O ring in the stem wears out. I have to fix it every few months with some stretch and seal tape around the stem to deal with the "low load" issue. I've moved on to kamray 100+ and Sid stays at home now.
    Vaping since October 10, 2011! ~ Analog free since December 28, 2011! ~ Nicotine free since January 15, 2014!
    YES you can quit nicotine with e-cigs!!!

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stosh View Post
    Protected batteries, ICR, are a low drain variety, not made for VV/VW devices. If the description doesn't say IMR or High Drain or Hybrid they aren't made for the regulated mods.

The Panasonic High Drain NCR18650PD Hybrid 2900mAh Protected Button Top - Batteries would work and are a 10 amp rating, enough for a regulated mod, too little for mech mods.

That is the one I was eyeing. Figure one of them would get me through two days easy. Would that one be better or not as good as the Efest IMR 18650 2500mAh 35amp Purple???

What would be a good, reliable basic charger with decent charging time??? They have more chargers than I have seen on any other site.

Blog Entries

The Efest IMR 18650 2500mAh 35amp Purple are a good choice for mech mods where you might be sub-ohming with 0.5Ω coils drawing major amperage. For a regulated mod like the SID, the Pannys are rated for sufficient amperage draw.

Charger, the Pila, Xtar or Nitecore (i2 or i4) are all well respected, I would pick whichever you can find on sale..
    RayBans, Garemlin and Krizzell like this.

Ultra Member Verified Member sando7's Avatar
    Blog Entries

just something extra to throw in..
    this tube replacement works with the Sid
    Joye Joyetech eVic - Replacement Tube

and some End Caps just in case
    SID End Caps

enjoy your Sid
    Garemlin and edyle like this.
    i don't always use a VV/VW Device but when i do it's the MVP2/CLPR30/Sig100/BBcln/HCDNA30V3/IPVMini; taste it Love it my friends!....analog free since 2/16/14....UK WildCats

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stosh View Post
    The Efest IMR 18650 2500mAh 35amp Purple are a good choice for mech mods where you might be sub-ohming with 0.5Ω coils drawing major amperage. For a regulated mod like the SID, the Pannys are rated for sufficient amperage draw.

Charger, the Pila, Xtar or Nitecore (i2 or i4) are all well respected, I would pick whichever you can find on sale..

Naa not going to be doing anything like that. Still wanting to keep it pretty simple with my 1.8 and 2.1 coils. So that Panny would be a solid choice then?? Hate to keep asking what may seem like basic questions but is there any advantage or disadvantage of button top over flat top batteries???

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast