Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Boge Revolution V2.1 Review/Discussion

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I just got my Boge Rev 2.1 and the draw is so damned stiff on it. I seriously hope there is something I can do to help with the super stiff draw. The same cartomizers on my Ego batteries are amazing, huge vapor clouds with tons of flavor but on the v2.1 there is little vapor and flavor. I have found that if I slightly unscrew the cartomizer on it, it improves the draw a little bit but it also wiggles around alot. Does anyone know how to fix the draw?
    In the absence of Light, Darkness prevails....

Ultra Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diagasa View Post
    I just got my Boge Rev 2.1 and the draw is so damned stiff on it. I seriously hope there is something I can do to help with the super stiff draw. The same cartomizers on my Ego batteries are amazing, huge vapor clouds with tons of flavor but on the v2.1 there is little vapor and flavor. I have found that if I slightly unscrew the cartomizer on it, it improves the draw a little bit but it also wiggles around alot. Does anyone know how to fix the draw?
    It does tighten up the draw a good bit. Also for me, the Boge cartos start out nice and loose and get 'tight' after a couple of fills.

What's it like for you without the bottle installed?

It might be possible to dremel out the 4 air slots on the connector so they are a little deeper. This might make it more prone to leaks when feeding.

I use LR 510 atties...a tight draw still, but a nice vape.

I may be wrong, but I do believe that a tighter draw is just a side effect of bottom feeding. Give it nice hard draws and see if that helps.
    Eye sea, eye here, and like two tail, butt all should no eye can knot spell. A friend of mine new what to dew, two cheque my spelling threw and threw. Eye brought sum soft-were in a sail, and now eye spell very whale.

Super Member* ECF Veteran intriqken's Avatar

My issue?
    The button is already failing on mine.
    It only fires 2 out of 3 times and sometimes at around half voltage (I will see only one of the 3 green lights sometimes when it fires and the vape is cool or non-existent)

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    It does tighten up the draw a good bit. Also for me, the Boge cartos start out nice and loose and get 'tight' after a couple of fills.

What's it like for you without the bottle installed?

It might be possible to dremel out the 4 air slots on the connector so they are a little deeper. This might make it more prone to leaks when feeding.

I use LR 510 atties...a tight draw still, but a nice vape.

I may be wrong, but I do believe that a tighter draw is just a side effect of bottom feeding. Give it nice hard draws and see if that helps.
    I think you may be right about the tighter draw due to the bottom feeding. I tested it out be removing the bottom feeder slightly and the draw became lighter. I was also thinking about taking a Dremel to make the air slots a bit larger. Do you know of anyone who's tried that yet?

Ultra Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by SmokingBullet View Post
    I think you may be right about the tighter draw due to the bottom feeding. I tested it out be removing the bottom feeder slightly and the draw became lighter. I was also thinking about taking a Dremel to make the air slots a bit larger. Do you know of anyone who's tried that yet?
    Sorry, don't know of anyone who's done it.
    Eye sea, eye here, and like two tail, butt all should no eye can knot spell. A friend of mine new what to dew, two cheque my spelling threw and threw. Eye brought sum soft-were in a sail, and now eye spell very whale.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    Sorry, don't know of anyone who's done it.
    Got the guts to do it! A Dremel blade is a bit thick (cut off blade, ceramic) although I tried and stopped. I used a jewelers saw and cut along the existing air slots. Changed the draw instantly for the better. I'm sure if I made the slots thicker (using the Dremel) the draw would be airy. I like it the way it is now.
    If you're going to widen the air slots with a Dremel be prepared for fine metal dust in the threads; you'll need to make sure you clean them out. I used a q-tip and alcohol several times to make sure all metal particals were removed.
    If you're not sure about doing this, then try only one slot and see how you like it.
    tmcase likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by intriqken View Post
    My issue?
    The button is already failing on mine.
    It only fires 2 out of 3 times and sometimes at around half voltage (I will see only one of the 3 green lights sometimes when it fires and the vape is cool or non-existent)
    Sounds like a loose connection

(disregard!)

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I have given up on using the boge cartos on my Rev 2.1 Instead I use Ego XL catomizers with a trimmed down skirt. I seriously love Ego xl cartomizers. The juice feed system still works without fail and now the draw is very light and open. I no longer feel like I'm trying to suck a golf ball through a garden hose to get a tiny amount of vapor. With my Ego XL cartos on it, I cloud up the room with minimal effort. I also use the cartos on my ego, silver bullet and my passthroughs. Couldn't be happier with them.
    In the absence of Light, Darkness prevails....

Ultra Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

One thing I found that helps with tight draws on the Revolution.

If you push the bottle too snug up into the Revolution it can cut off air flow a great deal. Some air can and should get around the needle when you draw.

If the draw is impossibly tight:
    1. Pull the bottle out just a tiny bit. It could be sealing up so no air gets by the needle when you draw.
    2. Possibly pull the little battery contact button in your carto/atty out a little bit. Even if it made contact fine...this might let a little more air in if it gets the vent holes high enough.
    3. Don't crank the atty/carto down too tight. As long as it makes contact and doesn't wobble around on you...it's tight enough.
    tmcase likes this.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast