Mistic Electronic Cigarette in-depth review w/photos - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Mistic Electronic Cigarette in-depth review w/photos

Full Member*

I am so getting this. Cant wait to try em!

Senior Member ECF Veteran zzooti's Avatar

I prefer to refill, but since I live spitting distance from a Wal-mart, I'd like to know I can get cartos there if need be; people have been saying that the battery connection threads are the same diameter & pitch as an 808d1, but they stick out farther from the battery and there fore go deeper into the carto, which means that 808d1 cartos will work on the Mistic battery but the Mistic cartos probably won't work on an 808d1 battery (or presumably a 510-808 adapter) so, anybody found a way around that yet-a factory or homemade adaptor? If I bought some here in town I could probably file a little off the end, but if I was on the road-well, I'd be 'screwed', unless I bought the whole kit.
    Mattdogg likes this.

Full Member Verified Member

Mistics were the brand that got me off regular cigs....same story as others here, great battery life, good vapor and cheap. I'm cleaing and refilling the cartridges and they seem to be fine as the weeks go by. The regular 808 carts do leave a gap but it doesn't seem to matter to the function.

I'm sure I'll move on tomore advanced hardware but for a beginner I don't think there's a better option out of the box bought from a retail store. And I've tried some pretty bad e-cigs bought from truck stops and head shops...

Moved On Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I may pick up a few of these from Walmart for emergencies.

ECF Veteran

Hi, this is my second type of e cig after e-cigs brand. Makes e-cigs seem very weak. About voltage. I took the led end cap off and put the leads of a volt meter on the tiny spots where the red and black wire lead. It reads 4v. Ohms my meter and I not sure how to check. But after half a day I checked again and it was 3.6 volts. I also got juice from a vendor and refill them. yet I am ready for the next step as I still feel that I am always running out of battery or juice one way or the other.
    Good product tho far better than disposables or e-cigs brand.

Senior Member* ECF Veteran poetofisis's Avatar

They're none too shabby to start with. Could think of worse ways to spend your money. They're 901 threaded, FYI. 901 carts are threaded too deeply to fire on an 808 if memory serves, however, 808d carts will work, but require being slightly loose to allow airflow. From my experience the Volt carts burned a lil hot on the Mistic batt...
    ol'-dave likes this.
    "That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable." -Larry Kersten "The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." -Benjamin Franklin

ECF Veteran

Thanks, now I know what size carts they are. Not that I will buy any more of them. I recently used a connector from the shack and it works pretty good. Anyway, moving to a 510 thingy, this one Storm Clear Tube Mod 510-2ML - $10.99 : Stormys Vapor Cellar, Electronic Cigarettes & More and will put it on a flashlight mod that I made for the mistic, of course with new 510 connector. See if that gives me a boost. Then, I can turn the innards of this atomizer into a larger tank mod. whoop. Still vaping mistics, best I got right now. Note: 5 pack of mistic carts 15 bucks, a bit steep too.

ECF Veteran

Got the shipment from Stormys and I cannot begin to describe the diff between cartos and this tube. If there is anything cleaner, tastier, smoother, fresher. let me know. Did a few new things too.
    Bought a battery box from the shack and got it modded with 4 aaa recharger bats, works nice. Hope it lasts longer than the old 808 e cig bat. Also took a usb cable and a car lighter charger and combined them into using my usb 5 v power source, also working quite well. Like the 5v power.

Next i plan to get a 5 pack of clearomizers so I can have one for clove, one for Red Bull- (awesome flavor) and ry4. Plus I may just do a syringe mod on one of them to hold a bit more. Went thru a whole tube in one day vaping like a mad man, it is so clean and tasty.

Ideas: 9v or 12v vaping with a bit higher resistance coil wire, beefier coil. Just wondering why we limit ourselves from 3 to 6 volts? Any techie could figure this out. What is it?
    Thanks again and happy vaping.
    terry

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Fazed View Post
    My video review of the mystic ecig...

Mistic Ecig Review - YouTube

Sent via cellular communication device...
    Good review! I don't know if it's actually been confirmed, but the guess' were right, my 808 carto did fit on the Mistic battery (with a gap) and vaped, however my 808 Volt battery screwed on and did not vape due to the female threads being too long to make the connection with the battery. IMO, this would be a decent starter/emergency kit to have/try. Can't beat that price. Found it at Walmart, just said "what the heck?" and tried it.
    Last edited by Mattdogg; 03-17-2012 at 10:56 PM.
    proudlion likes this.

This was my first electronic cigarette and its a great one! I got the menthol and found it fantastic. Slight whistle when inhaling but nothing too major. Battery life surprisingly solid. Cartos take a refill like a charm.
    Sadly i dropped my battery and it broke but it means i get to upgrade

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast