Like Tree9Likes

Thread: The Njoy King Review Its THAT GOOD....and BAD

Super Member Verified Member
    Registered Reviewer/Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Default The Njoy King Review Its THAT GOOD....and BAD

Please CLICK HERE to check out my blog for better pics and more reviews

The NJOY King. The newest disposable making waves and flying off the shelf. With an ad campaign calling out traditional cigarettes saying they have "met their match" and the catchy little jingle (feels like the first time)...sorry it gets stuck in my head. My first e cig was an Njoy. I paid about 80$ for a starter kit and that experience left a bad taste in my mouth.....literally. So Im a bit bias against them. That and I know countless people that have bought an electronic cigarette at a gas station only to throw it out thinking that all e cigs suck. So lets see if the Njoy King can live up to its own hype,

Below are 2 review styles
    Full: Detailed and technical tear down (see below)
    Basic: The short sweet truth (scroll to Bottom)

First puff. WOW....wow.......give me a sec.......WOW. This is the most realistic "cigarette" taste Ive vaped. It is most similar to a camel light. I like tobacco flavors but I quit trying to find something like this a long time ago. After you quit your taste buds seem to come back to life and the taste isnt appealing any more. But right now, this is amazing. Im going to puff on it for a couple hours and test it out.

Look and Feel. The Njoy King comes in a nice little flip top box. It comes with a little flyer in the middle with some information about the product and the recycling program (Ill cover it later) The top flips like a zippo lighter and over all its a nice way to carry it around. The cigarette its self has an amazing feel, its like holding a real cigarette. The King is a half inch shorter that a standard electronic cigarette and is covered in a paper wrap over the plastic tubed so it feels more realistic. The tip has a clear plastic wrap over it to keep it from getting wet in your mouth. The tip looks like a burnt cigarette and glows red to simulate smoking.

Performance. The Njoy King is supposed to last as long as 2 packs....LIE. I used to smoke a pack a day, now I vape about 5ml a day. Thats 5 standard cartridges. 1 hour and 45 minutes, thats it, and the battery died.I have never been so impressed and so disappointed with an e cig. I will admit that the battery inside is about 35% smaller than a standard 808 (Blog, V2, Volt) electronic cigarette battery. The atomizer is a woven tube with a silica wick through the middle wrapped in a soft cotton like material. When I unwraped the wick it was almost dry again almost 35% smaller that a standard 808 or 510 (Blu, Volcano) So while they claim 2 packs (does vary depending on use) I cant see any way its capable of living up to half of its claim

Overall/Basic Review
    The Njoy King is one of the most realistic cigarette like electronic cigarettes I have ever tried. It feels like a cigarette because of its smaller size and paper coating that again makes it feel like a real paper cigarette. It hits like a cigarette with a smooth throat kick nearly identical to a cigarette. It taste like a cigarette, mostly like a camel light. But I have never been more excited and disappointed with an electronic cigarette

The MAJOR problem is that the size of the battery and atomizer cannot support more than a couple hours. At 8$ a piece and less than a 2 hour battery life it can never touch the 2 pack life claim. They do have a recycling program(click here) but it takes 8 used Kings to get 1 for free. They also have a free trial you can order for 2.99 shipping

Pros:
    Great taste, really does taste like a real cigarette
    The paper texture even feels like a real cigarette
    The throat hit isnt harsh, and again, like a real cigarette
    They sell them every where it seems

Cons:
    IT ONLY LAST A COUPLE HOURS
    8$ a piece is two pack price around here
    Buy 8 get 1 free?
    Did I mention it only lasts a couple hours

So there you have it. Amazing product, for a little while. Thanks for reading and click the picture below if you want to get a free sample for your self

NoAnalogs4me and Methusalen like this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Great informative review - with pictures! Thanks for posting that.

Thanks for the in-depth review.

The Njoy King was the first e-cig that I purchased. Just to add a few of my own impressions for those new to vaping....

- The nicotine level in the Kings is very high. If you do some research, you'll see that most e-cigarette manufacturers and juice vendors have a highest level of 2.4% The King Bold is almost double that, so one or two vapes and you're good. I don't really like the idea of ingesting that much nicotine but these serve a purpose in that you can keep one of these in its plastic case on hand when your out on the go and you need a reserve.

- They are expensive, so these will not serve as a primary vaping device (and that's a shame, as these are very good at mimicking a real cigarette, as you noted). But again, keeping one around for a just in case situation could be a good idea.

- The rechargeable line is garbage. I purchased one from my local convenience store and the battery takes more than twice as long to charge than it lasts. The life of the cartridge is also pathetic compared to the slew of other models out there. Also, the carts are not made to be refilled (or if they can, it wouldn't be worth the effort).
    Last edited by Insignificance; 01-30-2013 at 09:53 AM.

Senior Member ECF Veteran Starlyte2's Avatar

Thumbs down

i'm griping about. Apart from a wonderful taste, although I must admit that the juices I DIY are perfect for MY tastes, it looks and sounds like pretty much any disposable I've bought, although I've paid 10 euros for one, ONCE!
    Nothing really new on the construction, if you've taken other dispos apart. So what are Njoy crying about? Unless it's the paper wrapping... Good review though, no insult to you, very honest facts, shame it's not "revolutionary" is all I'm griping about.
    And to be honest, most people only buy a disposable at the corner shop, or to try it out, or because they left their ecig at home, my case being the 1st situation, and I only bought them while waiting for real rechargeable to come in the post. Followed by shinyitis, as far as my budget allows
    Last edited by Starlyte2; 02-07-2013 at 02:11 PM.

Senior Member ECF Veteran Starlyte2's Avatar

PS : Do Njoy sell the juice they use in them, too? Now THAT would be an advance for quite a few vapers...

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

No they still don't sell liquids. And the prefilled carts dont tase anything like the kings.........sad really.

Senior Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I have finally found my match! Thank you Atari for an excellent review. I bought my first NJOY King a couple of days ago along with a Blu (yuck) just to try out since I only quit 3 weeks ago. For me, this is it! I am not that interested in messing around with DIY and bulky PV's anymore. The first couple of things I tried were OK (cig starter kit and eGo) but I just couldn't find a good tobacco flavour and I'm not really into the multitude of flavours, however, I am waiting on HHV so that may change. This one (NJOY) was created by a master and I believe that. I didn't smoke much, so this is ideal; convenient, great packaging and still less than $15 per pack in Canada! I figure I'll spend about 1/4 to 1/2 of what I used to spend.
    I will still be vaping my others and experimenting because, as I said I haven't been vaping long.

I VAPE E CIGS

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

If your dead set on a cigarette style and size try 1. bloog they are having some great sales right now, 2.Volt by smokelessimage 3. o2vapors. All three are top of the line batteries, the best cartridges onthe markey and some great liquids. I think the King is junk for battery life

Senior Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lilkurty View Post
    I have finally found my match! Thank you Atari for an excellent review. I bought my first NJOY King a couple of days ago along with a Blu (yuck) just to try out since I only quit 3 weeks ago. For me, this is it! I am not that interested in messing around with DIY and bulky PV's anymore. The first couple of things I tried were OK (cig starter kit and eGo) but I just couldn't find a good tobacco flavour and I'm not really into the multitude of flavours, however, I am waiting on HHV so that may change. This one (NJOY) was created by a master and I believe that. I didn't smoke much, so this is ideal; convenient, great packaging and still less than $15 per pack in Canada! I figure I'll spend about 1/4 to 1/2 of what I used to spend.
    I will still be vaping my others and experimenting because, as I said I haven't been vaping long.
    OK, I'm replying to my own post because now about 1 week later I have changed my mind. While at first blush NJOY seemed like the panacea, it has now lost a fair bit of lustre. In the meantime I have rcvd and tried HHV and so my previous statement of not being that into flavours has totally changed. The battery on NJOY is horrible, not sure how something that must cost pennies in China can be so expensive and so flawed...disappointing
    On the upside though, I am still exploring the wonderful world of vaping and I'll still use NJOY just not that much.

The Njoy King Review Its THAT GOOD....and BAD-image.jpg

I VAPE E CIGS

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Whatever works. Ive spent thousands in the past couple years. Ive said before that i turned a habit into a hobby. There's just so much out there you want to try all of it
    Lilkurty likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast