UPDATE: Thanks to forum member Marian00, Njoy have given us a 20% discount coupon to give out to this site's readers. The code is "Smokey" (case sensitive) and you type it into the coupon code box when checking out.
UPDATE 2 Njoy International have given us a discount code for anyone living outside the United States. Simply fill out the contact form at their site and put the code "uko1kw" and your order into the comments box - Njoy will then invoice you with a link to their secure processing system.
E-Smoking just gets better and better!
After weeks of equivocating (and saving) I finally thought "what the heck" and put an order in for an NJOY. I have been perfectly happy with my Sedansa and thought buying an NJOY would just be a bit of a pointless excersise, but I had a bit of spare cash and thought I would indulge myself.
It arrived this morning and I am extremely impressed.
I bought the standard cigarette pack (in white) and a pack of medium cartridges.
In the box was:
- the atomizer and two batteries.
- charger (US plug type).
- 4 Cartridges - 1 High, 1 medium, 1 light and 1 zero.
- Instruction booklet.
- Warranty postcard.
- Explanatory "business card" (see photos).
I got it set up straight out of the box and started puffing. The interesting thing is that the draw is slightly heavier - that is you have to puff ever so slightly harder than the Sedansa - but the result is amazing. Huge clouds of vapor pour out - just as if you smoked a cigarette.
The taste is superb. They have absolutely nailed the perfect flavor for e-cigarettes, in my opinion - it is slightly sweet on the tongue, with a hint of tobacco - but not so much that you really taste it.
The sensation is excellent, you feel it in your throat and lungs and the exhalation is really satisfying with clouds of vapor billowing out. It really is like smoking! Maybe it was because of my amazement at the quantity of smoke, but I really felt as though I was getting a bigger nicotine hit than the other e-cigs I have tried.
I'm sorry that my photos don't show the product in as great detail as I would like because the NJOY is definitely top notch. I will try to explain:
On first glance you'd think that it was the same make as Sedansa, but further examination shows some key differences-
- The glaze on the atomizer has a quality "ceramic" type gloss and feel to it.
- The atomizing chamber has a slight curve it, with the diameter in the middle slightly larger than at either end - I don't know if this is decorative or if it aids the vapor production - but it is deliberate and it is quality.
- The battery has a matte, paper-like look and feel, with decorative bands down the length that replicate cigarette paper.
- The plastic mouthpieces and cartridges are manufactured to an even higher standard.
- The LED indicator lights up gradually in the same way that an ember on a cigarette does when you take a puff.
- The smoke continues to billow, and doesn't lessen over time or randomly dip as it does with other products.
- The heat generated by the atomizer is minimal and in comparison to other products, barely noticeable.
- The connecting threads are engineered to a higher standard, with corresponding serial numbers (SYA801030 and SYB801030) stamped into them. This is a pretty good indicator of proper quality control and monitering that has been lacking in the other brands I have tried.
Ok, well they are my first observations anyway - we are clearly dealing with a top quality product here. I wonder if it is made by Ruyan?
The amazing thing it is so much cheaper than other, lower quality products. I don't know how they do it - I guess their business model is different, sell higher numbers at a cheaper price, I guess.
From what I can see, NJOY and Sedansa are the only company that offer a full 30-day money back guarantee and full warranty. Now if you think about it, you'd expect that from anyone selling quality electrical goods wouldn't you? But there you go, they are the only ones.
Unfortunately, outside of North America the shipping charges have been too high to make purchasing an NJOY a viable prospect for most.
However, NJOY have now set up NJOY International, with customs cleared shipping to the whole of the EU. I am informed that their site will go live shortly, so you can get hold of them without the additional cost. I will post as soon as I have heard.
I have to say that NJOY is my new recommendation. In all honesty it is a superior product to the others I have tried, and it really excites me again as to the sheer life-saving impact this technology is going to have across the globe.
If you haven't yet bought an electronic cigarette, get one TODAY! You won't believe the difference it can make to your life.
Just a couple of extra points now I have had my Njoy for a week.
1. The battery life is superb - I would say about twice that of any others I have tried. It also seems to charge more quickly, but I haven't had time to test this.
2. I think the materials coating the Njoy must be different from the others - I still haven't developed any scratches despite my slightly careless handling!
3. I tried drip-vaping (I don't advise this - warranty issues!) the Njoy and my goodness do you get a lot of vapor. Too much, in fact, considering the quantity of nicotine in the solution. It did make me think, however, that whoever develops the next model might want to consider a system whereby a much weaker solution is delivered in a greater quantity to the vaporizer.
The outer packaging.
My Njoy (white option).
Inside the box.
Charger and Lead.
A medium cartridge - note the sealed packet.
The 'business card'