Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: ACTv3 (Arry Carto Tank) is coming to Stormy's Vapor Cellar!!

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran CloudBurst's Avatar

I can post a pic later but mine looks like yours. Does it screw into the battery?

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Here's my new black chrome and blue LED ProVari with my new ACTv3. The carto punch works flawlessly. Very cool stuff. I expected aluminum or SS parts but I guess delrin is non reactive and helps keep the price down. Thanks Stormy!! (BTW - you rock!!)

NestoChe likes this.

Nice setup you've got there!
    I wasn't sure what to expect on the punches, I asked him about them at the last minute before he shipped my order. He said he had a few and I took them, I've had a few customers ask if I could get them. I didn't even get to keep one for myself! LOL
    Glad to hear they work well, although I had no doubt coming from Arry.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

The punch is a little different than he shows in his YouTube video. It is delrin instead of aluminum but it works the same basic way. It also has two thin plastic shims so you can adjust the depth of your punch. I followed the instructions and punched it once with both shims in place and then a second time with one shim removed. That gave me the perfect hole.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Lowjack12 View Post
    Here is a pic of mine.....not the same as my other two
    I bought 2 of these ACTV3 from Stormy and I noticed that I got 2 different 510 connectors. one of them is the same above. I think Arry uses different 510 connectors to build these tanks. it seems he modified the 510 to 510 connector and glued it on the bottom cap.
    Last edited by chadster214; 12-20-2011 at 11:32 PM.

Φ-BWB-Billet Box-Trippys Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Body in Knoxville, TN Heart in Columbus, OH
    Blog Entries

Got my tank, then realized I had tossed my 510-510 adapter for using on my GLV got another coming so I can try this out, nice looking tank design though.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by IndustrialAction View Post
    Here's my new black chrome and blue LED ProVari with my new ACTv3. The carto punch works flawlessly. Very cool stuff. I expected aluminum or SS parts but I guess delrin is non reactive and helps keep the price down. Thanks Stormy!! (BTW - you rock!!)

Wow, nice Provari IndustrialAction. It sure beats my coming today Lava Tube!..lol I can't wait to try it with my Arryv3 tank.

Oh, and Cloudburst, I think I'm the one that got the last Arry v3 tank and punch hole gadget. It was close, I think I wouldn't have made it before you ran out of them because I checked you're website and I didn't see them anymore.

peace
    Ernesto

HA, yes, I'm waiting to hear from Arry about more. I know he's swamped right now but I'm sure I'll hear from him soon. Then, I'll make another pre-order. Thanks!
    Stormy

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I can't wait to get my hands on one of these tanks and one of those arry punches.
    Last edited by jteezy; 12-21-2011 at 08:28 PM.

Full Member Verified Member Lowjack12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lowjack12 View Post
    Can somebody post a pic of the bottom of the tank 510 connection? I think the pin on mine might have been installed upsidedown......
    Well, I'm a dumb a$s. The connecter is just fine. Turns out I had a bad carto. I guess it had to happen at some point. Working just fine. I read somewhere that Arry is already working on the V4. Not sure what he could improve on with these tanks.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast