What's for dinner Thursday?

Thread: What's for dinner Thursday?

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran CloudBurst's Avatar

Default What's for dinner Thursday?

So, is there anyone besides me who doesn't like turkey?
    I've eaten it my entire life just like everyone else but for some reason a few years ago, I decided that I'm not going to eat it if I don't like it. LOL I think that was right after the last kid moved out, now that I think about it.
    Anyway, I'm having a seafood feast! Anyone else having something different? If not, what are your traditions?

Senior Member ECF Veteran Suicidebob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CloudBurst View Post
    So, is there anyone besides me who doesn't like turkey?
    I've eaten it my entire life just like everyone else but for some reason a few years ago, I decided that I'm not going to eat it if I don't like it. LOL I think that was right after the last kid moved out, now that I think about it.
    Anyway, I'm having a seafood feast! Anyone else having something different? If not, what are your traditions?
    I'm trying to build up the courage for tofu turkey... Uugghhhh... Just the idea alone. Scares me.

Tofu anything scares me!

PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Our family ate Turkey for Thanksgiving AND Christmas for years and years. One year someone came up with the idea to have barbecue for Christmas Eve from the local award winning barbecue place in town. That stuck and the rest of my years growing up, it was barbecue at grandma's house on Christmas Eve. We'd order it in advance and pick it up hot and steaming one the way over, along with the Brunswick Stew and buns.

It's always been turkey and dressing with every family bringing a dish to add to the feast on Thanksgiving. On 4th of July, it's Low Country Boil at our house. That goes over well with the adults, but the kids don't particularly like sausage, shrimp, and veggies. My wife usually cooks mac and cheese, pizza, and a couple of other items for the picky eater younger kids.

I've never turned down turkey and dressing in my life! I look forward to turkey sandwiches and leftovers the week afterward, too. I like my turkey sandwich lightly toasted with mayo and a sprinkling of diced celery, salt, and pepper.
    Last edited by DaveP; 11-20-2012 at 08:37 PM.

And I only smoked 6 a day for two years before that.

Provari and Sigelei Zmax V3 | CASAA Member

Sounds like some great traditions! Don't even get me started on Christmas! It's the same every year for years, the kids beg to open one gift and I eventually gave in. Every year!
    When they were all grown adults, we did the same thing but ended up opening everything before we were done! Oh ya, one gift at a time going around the roon! Spreads it out a little! LOL

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Grew up eating Capon for Thanksgiving.
    Now fast forward its Turkey and works and still stuff the Turkey with dressing as it comes out nice and moist just like when parents used to stuff the capon back in the day.

Christmas being Italian is always Lasagna my favorite . ; )

<~~~~~~ Luigi gets some also along with Romeo but when they pass the silent bombs later - enough said.

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Silent but deadly -- the worst a canine can produce.....LOL
    Makes you wonder what died under the floorboards........
    Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!! Hope y'all have a wonderful, peaceful day with family and friends......

I enjoyed my seafood but the Mango key lime pie was pretty awesome!

PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Today, my wife is making Turkey Pot Pie. She buys the pie crusts at the grocery store and puts in the chopped vegetables, makes the filling and then bakes it in the oven. It's good stuff.
    Last edited by DaveP; 11-27-2012 at 07:22 PM.

And I only smoked 6 a day for two years before that.

Provari and Sigelei Zmax V3 | CASAA Member

I ate seafood for 2 days! YUMMY!