Myth Busters: Stainless Steel Conductivity - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Myth Busters: Stainless Steel Conductivity

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran forcedfuel50's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redrhino View Post
    Great Video Dave..... Hopefully this video will put this whole Conductivity issue to rest once and for all......And Its Great to be back LadyMaMa thank you....
    I hope this puts it to rest. The only real negative aspect of Stainless steel is it's weight. It's superior in strength and corrosion resistance and is especially resistant to thread strippage and scratch resistance. Even the weight is somewhat offset by the fact we can run a much thinner wall then aluminum without sacrificing strength.

The only other negative from a manufacturers standpoint is Stainless steel costs more, not just in material costs, but in production costs as it is harder to machine and takes a lot longer to machine as one has to slow down the feed rates significantly. But i think the added benefits more then outweigh the extra costs.

David
    Last edited by forcedfuel50; 06-21-2010 at 02:54 PM.

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran Switched's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by forcedfuel50 View Post
    I hope this puts it to rest. The only real negative aspect of Stainless steel is it's weight. It's superior in strength and corrosion resistance and is especially resistant to thread strippage and scratch resistance. Even the weight is somewhat offset by the fact we can run a much thinner wall then aluminum without sacrificing strength.

The only other negative from a manufacturers standpoint is Stainless steel costs more, not just in material costs, but in production costs as it is harder to machine and takes a lot longer to machine as one has to slow down the feed rates significantly. But i think the added manufacturing costs more then outweigh the benefits.

David
    I believe you meant to say:

I believe the benefits outweigh the higher manufacturing costs.

Wrt the rest yup!

Yes Dave i defiantly agree with you on the stainless steel thing....Stainless steel is defiantly the way to go for durability, longevity, corrosion,scratch resistance etc etc the list goes on...I for one am glad you went with an all stainless steel PV...Now i do understand about the cost and time...Stainless steel is defiantly more expansive then aluminum and more time consuming to manufacture....Dave i really don't think you will have a problem charging a little more for the PV Units because of all the work that goes in to them....Because lets face it,Super T is a business, and as a Business you need to turn a profit to stay afloat...Remember one thing Dave, everyone wants to drive a Ferrari but not everyone can afford one...I for one would buy your PV's even if you priced them at a $200.00 range and above.Simply because i want the best made PV on the market.There is no Mod out there as of today that i know that can even come close to your Super Six for it's durability,reliability,functionality and of course the look and feel...Now don't get me wrong the precise will probably exceed all of the SS benefits and beyond.. You have to remember one thing Dave, Super T Manufacturing is in the league of it's own when it comes to PV's. I for one don't really care for all those touch switch mods variable voltage switch mods,to me its just a selling ploy...I'm a type of person who wants a PV that works 100% of the time...And all those new Mods that everyone is coming out with are destine to fail sooner or later...Because of too many inner workings and switches and Volt variations and the list goes on....All i want is, push the button and it works...And that is My experience with the Super T Products They Just work Flawlessly...But whatever direction Super T decides to go in the future, i can assure you Dave as long as you Continue to build your PV's the same way as you have up until this point, you will always have buyers for your Ferrari Mods no matter what the Cost/Price is...
    Last edited by redrhino; 06-20-2010 at 04:34 PM.
    ɥʇɹoʍ sʇuǝɔ oʍʇ ʎɯ ʇsnɾ

Supplier Associate ECF Veteran LadyMaMa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BrockJ View Post
    So nice to have you back Mom...

Did you test and approve the new Precise units?

Of all the units produced to date, which is your favorite "Go To" machine? (It better be a Super-T)

Thanks, Brock. No, I haven't tested the Precise units. I did vape on the 10440 Precise, but only briefly. I weighed-in on the aesthetics of that unit, as well as the build quality of the Precise when compared to a competitor's similar mini-unit, but not much more than that.

The last T-product I seriously looked at was David's 4-in-1 adapter months ago. It's an impressively clever design, but when I've asked about production dates, David's been reluctant to commit. I understand others' interest in the 4-in-1. I rarely switch attys, so its utility for me, personally, is negligible.

My go-to unit is the Super-6 at 3.7. I occasionally answer the "call of the wild" and break out my old, 5V, V.1 Prodigy when I'm having my morning coffee. I love the size, quality and balance of the S6, but I'm still lamenting the loss of my proto Super T-1.

Susan

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by LadyMaMa View Post

Hi Richie! Hello Brock!...and welcome back Rhino! I know that some of you are Dads, so big hugs for all of you!
    Thank you, ma'am. =)

I noticed later in this thread where you beta tested the 4 in 1 adapter? You know what we say around here, right? Pics or it didn't happen. For the star of Super T Videos Inc, that shouldn't pose much of a problem to rectify.

Oh, David -- I believe the phrase is--

Lights, Camera, Action...
    Sent from my keyboard using fingertips.

Supplier Associate ECF Veteran LadyMaMa's Avatar

Not an unreasonable request, but since the unit, David, and his video camera are 160 miles away, that's impossible at the moment. The much bigger problem is that I have no desire to participate in another video again...or ever.

David will have to step in or step up. His hands are more photogenic than mine, anyway.

Susan

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I'm really sorry to hear you lost your T1.
    If I ever decide to pass mine along, I'll be sure to send it your way.

As much as I like the Super6 and Precise 10440, it's one of my favorites as well.

I try not to leave the house with it too much due to its rarity...

I have very high hopes / expectations for the 16340 Precise which I'm quite sure will be met.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

A couple of days ago I was discussing the reason the SS never needed polishing and the aluminum mods would tarnish easier.

I was told that aluminum was a better conductive of electricity. I guess they were wrong. As far as the weight of the SS Super 6 it weighs less than most mod on the market.

Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

That is a great Video David, but I think that test is useless without a load applied. You should do the same test under load, when there is actual current running through the body to see if the results are the same, because you know that we all use our e-cigs with the atomizers attached. Also with that budget meter you not getting a true reading past one decimal point, .1 reading could be anywhere from .05+ to 1.5- and the meter bouncing off .2 ohm could be from 1.5+ to 2.5-

I mean if you gonna split hairs , lets split them down the middle...

Cisco...
    Last edited by Cisco; 06-21-2010 at 07:19 PM. Reason: spelling corrections

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran forcedfuel50's Avatar

.01 Resolution on the voltage is more then adequate to show any significant drop in voltage for a PV, though i do have a friend who was kind enough to send me a Fluke and i will gladly re-test when it arrives.

I again want to stress my argument is not that stainless steel is the best conductor among various metals, only that it is more then sufficient for our pv's that carry low loads over very short distances. In other words, regardless if you use brass, stainless, aluminum, etc. in a PV body, you will have no significant losses in voltage and amperage reaching the atomizer and thus all will vape equally.

I will test with an atomizer attached too, though the atomizer is the added resistance, and the bodies resistance will remain a constant as previously tested. We then know the result will be the same, only with a proportionately lower, but near equal, loaded voltage.
    Last edited by forcedfuel50; 06-22-2010 at 04:29 PM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast