Page 113 of 153 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1529
Like Tree972Likes

Thread: The Kick by Evolv--Coming to Super-T!

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

My P+ 18650 finally shipped ! I should be trying my Kick on it soon !
    forcedfuel50 likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

The configuration I'm using for the Kick in my 18500 is one thin o-ring under the battery with one switch washer. It's working fantastically, but I was hoping to get away with not using an o-ring under the top cap. I can, but i feel like i have to crank the top cap down dangerously hard to leave no gap. Or I just leave a slight gap. This may have been asked before, but has anybody found a slightly thinner o-ring to go under the battery, and if so, is it too thin to do its job well enough?

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I'm sure I've got one of those thin red fiber washers from a Harbor Freight Tools washer / seal assortment pack I might try. I'll post back later and let you know whether it worked.

Update: See four comments down.
    Last edited by rojo; 03-17-2012 at 01:20 AM.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by snork View Post
    The configuration I'm using for the Kick in my 18500 is one thin o-ring under the battery with one switch washer. It's working fantastically, but I was hoping to get away with not using an o-ring under the top cap. I can, but i feel like i have to crank the top cap down dangerously hard to leave no gap. Or I just leave a slight gap. This may have been asked before, but has anybody found a slightly thinner o-ring to go under the battery, and if so, is it too thin to do its job well enough?
    That's odd, I'm using the exact same setup (one thin o-ring and one washer) and I'm able to screw on the top cap without having a gap. I don't have to crank down on it hard at all. If anything, it's a bit of a looser fit than before I was using the Kick. My buddy has his set up the same way, and he doesn't have a gap either. I wonder why some people with P+18500s have a gap, while some of us don't.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pAth77 View Post
    That's odd, I'm using the exact same setup (one thin o-ring and one washer) and I'm able to screw on the top cap without having a gap. I don't have to crank down on it hard at all. If anything, it's a bit of a looser fit than before I was using the Kick. My buddy has his set up the same way, and he doesn't have a gap either. I wonder why some people with P+18500s have a gap, while some of us don't.
    Well, mine is from the very first run. How about you guyze's? Maybe they got just a wee bit longer along the way.

ECF Veteran

Hey David, is there a ETA on the 18490/18500's, Thanks

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

The 18500 snork and I have is apparently the same length David uses in his video. Eliminating the gap between the top cap and the body requires either David's O-ring trick, or really cranking the cap down and putting what feels like unhealthy pressure on the Kick and the battery. I discovered that a foam washer from a Harbor Freight Tools assortment pack works very well instead of an O ring below the battery. Click to view full size:

As you can see in the next picture, there is just enough room in the center of the installed washer for the bottom button firing post to clear and contact the battery unhindered.

I tried one of those red fiber washers, but it worked a little too well. Red washer + battery + kick + top cap screwed all the way down still left a little play.

The foam washer works great, though. It's very springy, not too thick, not too thin, and the perfect diameter. I start to feel resistance with about half a turn to go on the top cap, but it's not overly stiff and doesn't feel like I'm putting undue pressure on the Kick or the battery. Using this setup, I had to remove all the brass washers from the bottom button firing pin. In this configuration, my P+ will stand up on its button without firing, but only just, and only as long as whatever it's standing on is smooth.

My only concern is that I'm sure this washer isn't fireproof. I wonder whether the bottom post sparking against the battery so close to this foam washer might be cause for concern. The assortment box's label isn't clear what sort of foam it is, whether it's nitrile, viton, styrofoam or what (though I'm sure it's not styrofoam).
    Vaporologist and snork like this.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by snork View Post
    Well, mine is from the very first run. How about you guyze's? Maybe they got just a wee bit longer along the way.
    Mine is from the first run too. My buddy got his about 2 months ago. I guess I should just feel fortunate to not need an o-ring to cover the gap.

Quote Originally Posted by JAWS View Post
    Hey David, is there a ETA on the 18490/18500's, Thanks
    I read in the battery thread that it should be next week sometime...

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Petromaniac View Post
    I read in the battery thread that it should be next week sometime...
    Thanks, Petro....

Sent by i from my iPhone using Tapatalk