WARNING!!! PrecisePlus owners MUST read...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: WARNING!!! PrecisePlus owners MUST read...

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran forcedfuel50's Avatar

Default WARNING!!! PrecisePlus owners MUST read...

Just a reminder:

Do NOT clean your Precious Metal Rhodium plated contacts with sandpaper, cream polishes, abrasive pads, chemical cleaners, deoxits, brasso, mothers, flitz, cape cod cloths etc etc etc!!! I can't drive this home enough. Both the bottom switch screw in post, switch on the 10440 and top cap center post are Rhodium plated.

Rhodium is a precious metal, just like gold, it won't tarnish, rust, deteriorate, corrode or oxidize. You can bury it in the ground and dig it up 10,000 years from now and it'll look just like it does today.

The ONLY thing you should be cleaning it with is a soft cloth. If it get dustys or some juice on it, just wipe it off with a soft cotton cloth. Worse case scenario, you drop it in the mud, you can wash it with some warm water and soap and then wipe it dry with a soft cloth.
    Last edited by forcedfuel50; 12-11-2011 at 03:59 AM.
    snork, tnt56, macdo and 4 others like this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Keep this on top, I assume by you posting this that some unlucky soul did not read the paperwork that came with the preciseplus.
    tnt56 likes this.

Full Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by atavanhalen View Post
    Keep this on top, I assume by you posting this that some unlucky soul did not read the paperwork that came with the preciseplus.
    Maybe a day-glow orange warning sheet or sticker in the box or on the mod in a large font with lots of !!!!!
    atavanhalen likes this.

I'm very happy with my 18350. 510 atomisers do leak if I over-drip, but no juice has ever entered the battery tube (unlike other mods I have used).
    My question is, is the top-cap centre post rhodium plated on both ends? (post at atomiser end).
    This is the only part on the Super-T I have ever had to wipe, and I now use a cotton cloth, but would kitchen roll be deemed abrasive (as it is better for wiping up liquid)? Thanks.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by D133 View Post
    I'm very happy with my 18350. 510 atomisers do leak if I over-drip, but no juice has ever entered the battery tube (unlike other mods I have used).
    My question is, is the top-cap centre post rhodium plated on both ends? (post at atomiser end).
    This is the only part on the Super-T I have ever had to wipe, and I now use a cotton cloth, but would kitchen roll be deemed abrasive (as it is better for wiping up liquid)? Thanks.
    Yes the entire post is plated, I assume when you say kitchen roll you mean paper towel, I have been using paper towel to wipe juice off of it and have not had any problems but maybe David can chime in to confirm that, I am sure a microfiber towel from the dollar store would be best but like you said paper towel soaks juice up nicely, toilet paper or tissue would be a softer choice.

Quote Originally Posted by atavanhalen View Post
    Yes the entire post is plated, I assume when you say kitchen roll you mean paper towel, I have been using paper towel to wipe juice off of it and have not had any problems but maybe David can chime in to confirm that, I am sure a microfiber towel from the dollar store would be best but like you said paper towel soaks juice up nicely, toilet paper or tissue would be a softer choice.
    Hi, thanks for your reply. Yes, I meant paper towel, but as you say there are even softer options.

PV Master Verified Member
    Registered Reviewer/Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I don't even clean the contacts on any of my mods. um, am I suppose to?
    ~::Some girls were just born with glitter in their veins::~

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by bmwjen View Post
    I don't even clean the contacts on any of my mods. um, am I suppose to?
    Only if you aren't getting good contact. A strong battery and good atty/carto will still seem weak if your contacts are dirty/corroded. I usually use an eraser or some Ever Clear (NOT on Rhodium though). If one of your mods isn't performing well and everything else checks out look at your springs and contacts.
    MODS:GP Paps X 1.5, GP Paps SS Ed. v3, GP Paps 2.5, GGTS, Billetbox v3,Provari 2.5, Zenesis 2 Carto Hybrid, Ghost Modder Shadow(#0004) ATOMIZERS:ZAP, KFL+, Spheroid v2, Squape, Vapinaze AL-1, Diver v2 Enzalis, Diver v2 45mm, Trident v2 24K Gold, GP Heron

Quote Originally Posted by forcedfuel50 View Post
    Just a reminder:

Do NOT clean your Precious Metal Rhodium plated contacts with sandpaper, cream polishes, abrasive pads, chemical cleaners, deoxits, brasso, mothers, flitz, cape cod cloths etc etc etc!!! I can't drive this home enough. Both the bottom switch screw in post, switch on the 10440 and top cap center post are Rhodium plated.

Rhodium is a precious metal, just like gold, it won't tarnish, rust, deteriorate, corrode or oxidize. You can bury it in the ground and dig it up 10,000 years from now and it'll look just like it does today.

The ONLY thing you should be cleaning it with is a soft cloth. If it get dustys or some juice on it, just wipe it off with a soft cotton cloth. Worse case scenario, you drop it in the mud, you can wash it with some warm water and soap and then wipe it dry with a soft cloth.
    thanks for this info!

im very happy with the performance of my P+18650
    tnt56 likes this.

Super Member ECF Veteran erictho's Avatar

this op makes the archaeologist in me happy.
    forcedfuel50 and anavidfan like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast