The ShockWave by Super-T Preorder Thread - Page 4
Page 4 of 399 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
Like Tree4157Likes

Thread: The ShockWave by Super-T Preorder Thread

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by forcedfuel50 View Post
    No, the manufacturer of that mod didn't know there was already another mod named the ShockWave for over a year now and it's my understanding he's going to be changing the name, so there shouldn't be any confusion going foward.

A bit of a segway, but the Shockwave name is trademarked by Super-T anyway. Trademark law says when a company names something and sells it, it is "common law" trademarked and protected, so most all mod makers device names are trademarked. You can take it one step further too and have it Registered tradmarked which we are doing (so common law trademarking you designate as a TM , whereas Registered you designate with a circled R).

Heres a good summary on Trademark Law: Common Law Trademark Rights (BitLaw)
    I think he knew, it was a ploy to get SuperT to release the real SHOCKWAVE...................... And it worked!
    atavanhalen and AshSilver like this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by strprswpr View Post
    That's the only thing stopping me from pulling the trigger....I love the mod, but not crazy about the vents. If no vents are an option....I'm in like Flynt.

Still curious if a flat top is an option.
    2nd that motion..... No large vent slots, flat cap.. Thats the one im waiting for...... and of course a P+16

PV Master* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Riverboat View Post
    2nd that motion..... No large vent slots, flat cap.. Thats the one im waiting for...... and of course a P+16
    I'm in like Flynt......Order placed.

Country Vaper Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Me too. Satin Shock, #11270

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Horseman9 View Post
    Me too. Satin Shock, #11270
    Well, if I can't get one, at least I'll know where I can see one!
    Congrats!

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I ordered mine also.
    I don't cosider them as vent slots. For me they are an awesome design
    Horseman9 likes this.

Smoke free since Mai 22/2011

Super Member ECF Veteran KonaNeil's Avatar

Will a single 26650 fit in a Pila Charger?

You mention that the ShockWave's newly designed well will fit most tanks. Does this include Ego tanks?

The dimensions are important to me as well. This battery's huge current storage and the unit's safety switch make it desirable for taking on weekend trips without lugging extra batteries and a charger like I need to do with my P16. However, will it look like I'm carrying around an artful futuristic beer can, a microphone or (Gawd forbid) a very nicely machined hand grenade?

Last month, at an ABC Store (like 7-11 on the mainland), the not very bright clerk saw my P16/Ego-C combo as a gun for about a quarter second before realizing it wasn't anything dangerous.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

David said it is close in size to the silver bullet so its large but still small for the batts that it takes.
    Quote Originally Posted by KonaNeil View Post

You mention that the ShockWave's newly designed well will fit most tanks. Does this include Ego tanks?

The dimensions are important to me as well. This battery's huge current storage and the unit's safety switch make it desirable for taking on weekend trips without lugging extra batteries and a charger like I need to do with my P16. However, will it look like I'm carrying around an artful futuristic beer can, a microphone or (Gawd forbid) a very nicely machined hand grenade?

Last month, at an ABC Store (like 7-11 on the mainland), the not very bright clerk saw my P16/Ego-C combo as a gun for about a quarter second before realizing it wasn't anything dangerous.

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran forcedfuel50's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KonaNeil View Post

Not the Ego tank. I just can't bring myself to put that huge trench in around the top on this mod, so you'd have to used an adapter. It'll do the smoketech tanks, GG tanks etc though... Not sure on the PILA, doubtful, i'll try on Monday.

No, for the size of the battery this thing is "small". It's a couple of mm thinner then would be a competitiors aluminum bodied 26650 mod as being the Shockwave is of stainless steel, i can run much thinner wall thicknesses without sacrificing strength. I suspect the Stainless steel Shockwave won't be any heavier then would an aluminum 26650 mod.

That being said, it's still a big battery that goes in there, so it isn't going to be light, anyone expecting otherwise, this isn't the mod for you:-)
    Last edited by forcedfuel50; 04-08-2012 at 10:55 PM.

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran forcedfuel50's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VapRon View Post
    I don't cosider them as vent slots. For me they are an awesome design
    Exactly. When i conceived the ShockWave, it was to make a splash, just like concept cars do at a car show. It's supposed to be outrageous and a departure from the norm. It's not for everyone and thats cool with me.
    Cuando and Wharf Rat like this.