The ShockWave by Super-T Preorder Thread - Page 51
Page 51 of 399 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
Like Tree4157Likes

Thread: The ShockWave by Super-T Preorder Thread

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I was just going to switch to the slotted one so I can hold it better, the SW is rather huge. If there is the possibility of changing to he slotted version, please put me down for one David. Thanks so much.
    Last edited by silverrocks; 06-22-2012 at 01:20 AM.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

On 5/13 I ordered a slotted version. Would it be helpful to Super-T to switch to the non-slotted one? Or would it be more helpful to just stick with the original order? Either way it does not matter to me, I know the wait will be worth it by far! Thank you for making this 26650 model!

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by silverrocks View Post
    I was just going to switch to the slotted one so I can hold it better, the SW is rather huge. If there is the possibility of changing to he slotted version, please put me down for one David. Thanks so much.
    I think maybe you could get a slotted just for you but it would have to be no 27 or 72 only!!!!
    silverrocks likes this.

Full Member Verified Member

Quote Originally Posted by forcedfuel50 View Post
    No, we are in a holding pattern, But for complete transperency, i can tell you that my machine shop can not do them due to flexing issues of machining those big of slots and is sending the prints of the body out to other Minneapolis area machine shops to try to have that part sub-contracted out, we are waiting on replies.

This is my fault and i sincerely apologize for not forseeing the issues as when i prototyped it here, i prototyped of soft aluminum and didn't predict the problems stainless may present.

For now, i can only take orders on the non-slotted version (which most of the orders are leaning towards anyway). It doesn't mean we won't in the future, nor does it mean slotted customers need to switch to non-slotted. We are in a holding pattern until i hear more and will keep you updated.

Please note: if it should so happen that the slotted version can't be produced, customers will have the option of switching to the non-slotted or receiving a full, no questions asked, refund. It's also a good time to reiterate, the wait has been longer then anticipated and no customer who has paid is locked in, you can receive a full refund at any time.
    David - we're all hanging in there with you! If we cant do slotted, I'm sure at this point we all will go non-slotted. I'm okay with it either way.
    LadyMaMa likes this.

Registered Reviewer/Blogger
    ECF Veteran

Huh? Where is the video? Did I miss it?
    Youtube Reviews: Field Of Vapor
    Device Review: Vision Eternity RBA

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by snork View Post
    All those who think they can ace me out of a Strata don't know with whom they are dealing.

I'm just a little nervous with David's "If it should so happen..."
    Damm sniper
    MATRЁSHKA

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by roxxette View Post
    Damm sniper
    No. No sniper. A sniper hides in the shadows.
    You'll know I'm there.
    vaptamist likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Well I am very impressed by the pictures. The attention to detail and quality is amazing. However, I sure hope the slotted can be made. Now in limited numbers, it will be worth more than we paid for it eventually. However, should it prove impossible, I will not be asking for a refund, that's for sure!

I hope we find out soon. I might order a non-slotted also if I can get the slotted I ordered. It's just a shame that the design that marked the uniqueness of this mod could be rendered impossible. I have faith in our machinist brothers and sisters in Minneapolis though!
    Last edited by siouxsie; 06-22-2012 at 03:18 AM.
    LadyMaMa and snork like this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

O Saint Hubert, patron of machinists and precision instrument makers, I beseech thee to grant thine guidance and blessing to this endeavor.
    Amen.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ecosnige View Post
    I think maybe you could get a slotted just for you but it would have to be no 27 or 72 only!!!!
    IF he can make the slotted ones. And no, it would have to be # 77
    Last edited by silverrocks; 06-22-2012 at 05:37 AM.