Precise ELA Telescoping Mod by Super-T! - Page 1279
Like Tree25088Likes

Thread: Precise ELA Telescoping Mod by Super-T!

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by snork View Post
    Never EVER use UPS to ship to Canada. I tried it once and it was a total disaster. I ended up eating the cost,
    PLUS the mod never made it. I got so tired of dealing with them I told UPS to consider the package abandoned and to give it to the Eskimos. Literally.
    OK. Now I'm freaking out again, lol!!! I should start a Beware UPS thread somewhere.
    snork, anavidfan and Cucco like this.
    I have a problem.

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk76 View Post
    OK. Now I'm freaking out again, lol!!! I should start a Beware UPS thread somewhere.
    You will get her tomorrow! You will get her tomorrow! You will get her tomorrow! You will get her tomorrow!
    Mods: Super-T:((4)ELA V1; (1)Simp(18350)-Ti; (1)Simp(18500)-Ti; (1)Simp(18650)-Ti; (1)Simp(26500)-SS; (1)Simp(26650)-SS) - GP PAPS:((2)X V1.5-SS; (1)X V1.5-Ti Edition #006)
    Atties:
    (2)KFL; (5) KFL+ V2; (1)Helios RDA; (3)S-T Strata RDA(ELA); (3)S-T Strata RDA(Simp)

Super Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by raqball View Post
    I shipped it UPS and @ that insane $$ amount because I wanted him to have it with the quickness... Little did we know that 'with the quickness' and UPS don't go together... Even if they say so when you are swiping your card..

International Express with USPS is fast (3 to 5 days generally) and it's much cheaper.. From me to him via USPS International Express would have been like $35..

I wanted him to have it faster than that so I went with UPS and spent the extra mooooola...

Enter a whole bunch of facepalm(s) cuz I got played like a piano..

Okie dokie, peace owt peeps...
    Crazy! Note to self....Never use ups to ship to Canada or snywhere outside US. On a side note, I like fedex better than ups, typically cheaper as well.
    I understand your explanation, I was just posting a random thought

On another side note: has anyone here ever changed their satin finish to more of a lightly brushed finish? Reason why I ask is because I am not so sure that I like yhe satin finish on the Titanium tube Raq gave me. I was thinking of trying to get it to a brushed finish., idk
    Last edited by INFRNL; 01-17-2014 at 05:33 AM.
    Cucco likes this.

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by INFRNL View Post
    Crazy! Note to self....Never use ups to ship to Canada or snywhere outside US. On a side note, I like fedex better than ups, typically cheaper as well.
    I understand your explanation, I was just posting a random thought

Oanother side note: has anyone here ever chsnged their satin finish to more of a lightly brushed finish? Reason why I ask is because I am not so sure that I like yhe satin finish on the Titanium tube Raq gave me. I was thinking of trying to get it to a brushed finish., idk
    Satin finish on the Ti tube?
    Mods: Super-T:((4)ELA V1; (1)Simp(18350)-Ti; (1)Simp(18500)-Ti; (1)Simp(18650)-Ti; (1)Simp(26500)-SS; (1)Simp(26650)-SS) - GP PAPS:((2)X V1.5-SS; (1)X V1.5-Ti Edition #006)
    Atties:
    (2)KFL; (5) KFL+ V2; (1)Helios RDA; (3)S-T Strata RDA(ELA); (3)S-T Strata RDA(Simp)

ECF Veteran

Production update. Please . Looks like Dave's been busy according website lots of goodies. But still no ela. I'm almost there

Sent from iPhone Evolved
    anavidfan and Cucco like this.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Now that I've handled the ELA for a while, I can see why Dave made it his flagship design.

Unlike every other mod out there, I can't think of any way there can be a "Version Two" of this device. This is one well thought out mod.
    pAth77, snork, anavidfan and 2 others like this.
    Centerpiece: Super-T ELA/Strata Hybrid
    Workhorse: EHPro EA + Youde IGO-W

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cucco View Post
    Satin finish on the Ti tube?
    I believe so....

Cucco likes this.

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by INFRNL View Post
    I believe so....

I can't tell. I was thinking all the TIs were polished. Except, the ribbed 650. I don't know.
    anavidfan likes this.
    Atties:

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cucco View Post
    I can't tell. I was thinking all the TIs were polished. Except, the ribbed 650. I don't know.
    Yeah, its not the best picture, but it is definitely not polished. When my 18500 gets here, I will post a pic for comparison.
    Cucco likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

There were blemished Ti tubes for sale awhile back, you could get polished or satin. That is one of the satin ones.
    main35tainer, anavidfan and Cucco like this.