Precise ELA Telescoping Mod by Super-T! - Page 276
Page 276 of 1506 FirstFirst ... 1762262662722732742752762772782792802863263767761276 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,760 of 15058
Like Tree25088Likes

Thread: Precise ELA Telescoping Mod by Super-T!

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by pAth77 View Post
    I believe that you mean a newer P+. I'm pretty sure that the older ones had lower center posts. How many and what size o-rings do you have under the battery? And does the battery jiggle at all?

But yes, I agree that a longer contact screw would solve all of your problems.

I think that jasl might have gotten one of the very very very few P+18500s that has a problem. Mine has never had issues, and the only time that you will ever have to fiddle with it is when you break it down to clean it. It's definitely easier than rebuilding a coil. Have no fear, SuperT mods always surpass expectations!
    I've two 1/16th inch rubber washers under the battery and its a perfect fit. No rattle at all and no force required to fully seat the top cap. Also bear in mind that I got it from the classifieds and it didn't come with any o-rings or washers, so I don't really have any idea what size the large v/s small sizes are.

And for the record, I have no complaints at all. It just took me a bit to figure out what I needed to get it working the way I wanted to work. I'm sure if I had the original bag-o-parts I'd have had it in a minute or two.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by jasl90 View Post
    I've two 1/16th inch rubber washers under the battery and its a perfect fit. No rattle at all and no force required to fully seat the top cap. Also bear in mind that I got it from the classifieds and it didn't come with any o-rings or washers, so I don't really have any idea what size the large v/s small sizes are.

And for the record, I have no complaints at all. It just took me a bit to figure out what I needed to get it working the way I wanted to work. I'm sure if I had the original bag-o-parts I'd have had it in a minute or two.
    I believe that the o-ring sizes that David includes are 0.10 and 0.07. If you PM me your address, I'll search through my bag of extras (if I can find em) and send you some.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by pAth77 View Post
    I believe that the o-ring sizes that David includes are 0.10 and 0.07. If you PM me your address, I'll search through my bag of extras (if I can find em) and send you some.
    That's an extremely generous offer. Thank you!
    But... In all honesty, I can't imagine that I'd use them. The two washers I have in there now are a perfect fit.

Here is what they look like...
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367387145.739915.jpg

Ultra Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ukeman View Post

The 18650 2000mah is a newer version than the 1600mah, but some (me!) prefer the 1600... harder hitting. Glad he's carrying them and at decent prices.
    So the "400 mah" difference between the 2 u dont think warrants a big enough difference to choose the 2000mah? From ur experience the 1600mah has more punch? Cycling 2 at a time should be good huh
    Got JUGGS?

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

From another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by forcedfuel50 View Post
    It's kind of a toss up, the 1600mAh i would recommend over the 2000mAh for all mechanical as it holds higher voltage under load, but a kicked device which draws down to 3.3V, you may see additional run time with the 2000mAh.
    Wish I could find the graph where he tested the two. From what I remember it was mostly neck and neck from 4.2volts down to 3.3v with the 1600 holding a higher voltage under load. Just before the 3.3v "cutoff" point, the 2000 mah battery pulled ahead. The rest of the 400 mah difference was under 3.3v, which is mostly unusable in mechanical mods. To be honest, most people would have changed the battery way before then (I know I swap mine out well before it reaches that point).

Just a further note - the difference between the two is so negligible you could probably do a blind test between the two and you wouldn't be able to tell which one was which.
    Last edited by vaptamist; 05-01-2013 at 06:09 AM.
    ukeman, Freckle, icucme2 and 1 others like this.

ECF Veteran

Thank u vaptamist
    Got JUGGS?

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Ahah! Found it!

From 2 cent for safety in P+ 18650?

David: "In my load testing, the AW IMR 1600mAh outperforms the AW IMR 2000mAh and will work better with the LR coils. The 1600mAh holds higher voltage under load then the 2000mAh so i'd recommend it over the 2000mAh version. How thick is the 2 cent fuse, it may work with the IMR 1600mAh if you run one thin oring in the bottom of the chamber, don't know, i've never tried. Though you don't need a protection circuit with the IMR chemistry.

It's really easy to get sucked into total mAh, but what matters is useable mah under load and how much higher it holds voltage under load:

In this chart you can see how the 1600mAh holds up to two tenths higher voltage under load then the 2000mAh version"

ECF Veteran

Cool beans thanks again
    Got JUGGS?

ECF Veteran

Now im just waiting for *David to stick up. Hopefully soon
    Got JUGGS?

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

uhhhh, second batch.

I need to stay off this thread for my own sanity....

Just vaped through 2 mils of Maha Ras before I noticed what I was doing, haha.

The features and build quality that have been laid down in this thread are insane!!!

And no offense to MMV but, close your ears Poldiac, he may be headed for the calssies...
    ukeman and vaptamist like this.