Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree567Likes

Thread: Precise ELA Production Status

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran forcedfuel50's Avatar

First Batch Update 04/19. Got a lot of parts machined this week:

-Bottom caps completed

-Bottom screw on accent rings complete (brass and stainless)

-Top slip on accent rings completed (brass and stainless)

-Top cap non-adjustable cover completed (used when using tanks or atomizers you dont want adjustable draw on. shortens the overall lenth a couple of MM)

-Started machining on extension tube locking mechanism today.

Where we sit today, id estimate mid week all machining will be done on the first batch.

Update: 04/26/13:

-We cheated a bit and did up the second operation on about 75 adjustable draw caps just so we can get the first batch moving.

-Will continue to finish buttons and adjustable draw caps while we assemble the 75 or so we have parts for

-Assembling and surface finishing ELA's now

-Hope to ship first batch by next weeks end. Orders will ship in the order they came in.
    snork, Killjoy1, Freckle and 12 others like this.

Also, forgot to mention, second batch production will begin this coming week.
    yabon, d3mon, IzzyD and 7 others like this.

Update 05/02/13:

-Just finished doing up the first ops on about 500 adjustable draw caps (ran the remaining 200 or so needed plus ran the second batch in there too since the machine was all set up for them)

-Currently machining flats on the top cap threaded area (it was a last minute decision, i figured it'd be nice to be able to put a wrench on the top cap threaded area should your adjustable draw cover get stuck, no need to mar it up in a vice or heaven forbid, take a pliers to it).

-Still working on finishing and assembling on the first batch. I had hoped to ship this week, but i'd say early this coming week is more accurate (see above post)

************************************************** ******************************

Precise ELA Hybrid Adjustable Center Post:

• We wanted to take the ultra-reliable, no leak design of Super-T’s press-in Rhodium over Gold plated center post and make it adjustable. Our innovative Hybrid design does just that!
    • Our Hybrid design is unique in that, unlike full-floating/self-adjusting designs, no matter how tight you compress down the sections and center post onto the battery, none of that force will transfer up through the center post to your atomizer which can cause atomizer shorts.
    • Atomizer positively seats on the top cap with no play or wobble and the user can adjust the post height and force applied to the atomizer center pin. No more shorting atomizers!

Note the attention to detail with machined in flats that accept a 7/16 or 11mm wrench. Normally, you'll be able to just adjust it with your fingers, but, should it get stuck, it beats the heck out of taking a pliers to your precious mod!

- Super-T ELA: Quality you can see! The ELA's internal finish is of higher quality then most competitors external finish is. Bringing the machining in house will definitely yield big dividends going forward in quality.

Precise ELA's extension tube interior finish VS. a popular competitors extension tube interior:

-Top Cap shown with non-adjustable draw cover for Atomizers, Tanks, Rbas.

Two things to note:

1. Atomizers and tanks get tightened down solidly against the cap and the center post is adjusted up to the atomizer/tank/rba. Makes it rock solid with no wobble!

2. The center slotted section is raised .005 above the surrounding cover for airflow when using tanks, which allows you to still tighten the tank all the way down rock solid, yet maintain airflow and an integrated look.

-Top cap with adjustable draw cover.

Two things to note:

1. The atomizer stays put, it did not move, only the covers were switched from the previous picture.

2. Air enters 360 degrees around the atomizer through the top of the cover. Twist to adjust draw.

Update 05/09/13:

- Shipping notices on the first wave of the first batch will go out tomorrow, units will ship saturday and the first customers will have them in their hands Monday. Still not sure how many will go out Saturday, but i'll keep assembling.

- Machining second ops on the second batch of adjustable draw top caps now
    Zeybrin, fenderbc, synic and 18 others like this.

Update 5/11/13:

ELA orders through 14410 have shipped. They were dropped off about an hour after "last" pickup, so i don't know if they will get scanned in and on their way this evening or not or will sit there tomorrow, but they are there!

Will update again on Monday or Tuesday what orders have shipped as we have quite a few more almost ready to go!

Working on through order 14446 today and should have them shipped today. Will be working tomorrow morning too so i should get some more out tomorrow too. Will post up numbers when i do.
    Killjoy1, IzzyD, mzsazri and 4 others like this.

Update: 05/21/2013

- Looking at the numbers, we had about 222 on the first batch (which is through order 15288 if i recall correctly). Where we sit now i estimate we can get through to 14643 by weeks end. Next week my goal is through 15052 and the remainder of first batch (through 15288) the following week.

-Machining on second batch buttons now.

Zeybrin, yabon, Killjoy1 and 23 others like this.

Update:

- We are working on through order 14646 today. I'm still going to stick with my estimate as of last week as i think we may gain some ground later this week and early next week so my goal is through 15052 this week and the remainder of first batch (through 15288) the following week.

-Still machining on second batch parts and i expect to start shipping second batch shortly after first batch is completed shipping.
    COM76, yabon, Killjoy1 and 17 others like this.

Update 06/14/13: I got shipped thru order 14842 and have printed up and am working on through 15003, thats not as bad as it seems as from 14842 to 15003 is only 13 units, keep in mind most of the numbers in between are batteries, charges tip etc. I should get through 15003 shipped on Monday. A few more days for the rest of batch 1. Not what i hoped, but hell, it never is enough for me. I'll keep you posted next week.
    synic, Freckle, d3mon and 13 others like this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast