The Super-T ELA discussion and tips, tricks and Info sharing Thread: - Page 2
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Like Tree385Likes

Thread: The Super-T ELA discussion and tips, tricks and Info sharing Thread:

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Nicblazer View Post
    Oh, no. I hate Mark Suckerberg . Link me your blog.

Nic
    Does he own tumblr? I hate the word "blog" I just dont feel right saying it, but my son says it is what it is.

DOH, I get it now, you dont like F---b--k. Its one of those things I got sort of pushed into doing, now I use it mostly to have access to unusual vaping accessories.
    Last edited by anavidfan; 06-19-2013 at 11:15 PM.
    "me, I'm on the side of the Angels............ but the Devil is my best friend"

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by anavidfan View Post
    Found it, but cant remember how to access it to update it. I also noticed some of the images are missing.
    RHODES DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY

warning, its odd.

Not odd at all. I'm starting to think that we are related.

Thanks for the link, Ana

Nic

ECF Veteran

EKOwool, I know some are using this for your devices, I found some and want to give it a try, but I was wondering about the diameter. I use Odysseus V2s and always use 3mm rope silica from vaporbase.uk. Does any one know how accurate the 3mm description is?

I know, it should be 3mm but sometimes some silica is more compact and since its braided, Im assuming its more dense. I was wondering if I should order the 3mm or the 2mm.

I know many of you use Ithakas and a few Odys, Ithaka was supposed to have deeper/wider channels for the wick than Odysseus.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated so I can make a better choice before buying the wrong size

ECF Veteran

I find ekowool swells (is that english?) up more then other FG wicks after it been in contact with juice. Its definatly acting different then normal braided wick. I would try 2 and 3mm and find out wich works best for you, shamefully got no oddy.
    Freckle likes this.
    Hellfire hybrid
    Caravela-Hellfire mega/ Brass Chi-Hellfire micro mega/ SS Chi-Rocket/ Mikro pipe-Hellfire mini
    Caravela-Rocket/ Caravela-201 atty/ Gepetto-Hellfire dripper/ Satburn mod

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by anavidfan View Post
    EKOwool, I know some are using this for your devices, I found some and want to give it a try, but I was wondering about the diameter. I use Odysseus V2s and always use 3mm rope silica from vaporbase.uk. Does any one know how accurate the 3mm description is?

I know, it should be 3mm but sometimes some silica is more compact and since its braided, Im assuming its more dense. I was wondering if I should order the 3mm or the 2mm.

I know many of you use Ithakas and a few Odys, Ithaka was supposed to have deeper/wider channels for the wick than Odysseus.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated so I can make a better choice before buying the wrong size
    I use 2mm ekowool in my Pennies and Ithaka. The channels of the Ithaka are wider, but the Ody and Penny have the same size channels.

ECF Veteran

I think I remember someone mentioning that, so I think im going to go with the 2mm. I think I would rather play on the safe side and not end up with it swelling so much that it chokes.

ECF Veteran

Thanks guys, seems my "gut" was working right. Thanks.

Ω Destroyer Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Yeah, 2mm is probably best. If you need more you can always double it up. I mostly use 3mm because that is what's readily available from the retailers I buy from, but usually have to un-weave a strand to thin it a bit in order to get good wicking in all my GG attys, the 2mm that originally came with my Ody and Penelope always worked the best for me

I haven't tried the ecowool stuff, yet. I might once my wick supply starts to get low, but that's a long ways off since I have about 14 meters left
    anavidfan likes this.
    Last analog: 2-23-2011

Current Gear: Darwin, SS GGTS #882, Ωpus-D, iHy Illuminati & Pure, Precise ELA, Simplicity 350Ti, Black Copper Stingray #459

Super Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

From what I've gathered the diameter listed for ekowool is an inner diameter, whereas most other silica wick lists outer diameter.

I'm currently using 2 long strands of 1mm ekowool in a terminator-c v2 (plus 2 more short strands in the coil).

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

i have both 1mm and 2mm ekowool but i haven't tried them yet... been busy so i haven't had the chance to set up my kayfun

i do want to try a hybrid wick with the 1mm tho. i'm gonna run a thing ss wick in the middle and see how that works out.

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast