Introducing the Precise Simplicity 18650 by Super-T! - Page 6
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Like Tree217Likes

Thread: Introducing the Precise Simplicity 18650 by Super-T!

Super Member Verified Member

Quote Originally Posted by wongster360 View Post
    I received a shipping notice from Super-T today. Since it's way too early for my ELA I'm sure it's for the Simplicity 18650. When I pinch the tracking number into my tracking up it comes up as delivered in FL Oct 29, 2012! Lol! Anyone ever had this happen? If I go to stamps.com it still shows electronic notice received.
    Haha There's been a little "glitch" (for lack of a better word) in the past few months of recycled USPS tracking numbers. It'll update itself when the package actually hits the post office and gets scanned.

PS. +1 for an 18350 version

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by wongster360 View Post
    I received a shipping notice from Super-T today. Since it's way too early for my ELA I'm sure it's for the Simplicity 18650. When I pinch the tracking number into my tracking up it comes up as delivered in FL Oct 29, 2012! Lol! Anyone ever had this happen? If I go to stamps.com it still shows electronic notice received.
    I had a similar thing happen recently but with DHL Express.. The package said it went from Tunisia to France in 2012..

Later it updated to show 2 incidents with that tracking number and asked me to resolve it.. LOL

I doubt USPS recycles tracking # but who knows, they might..

just curious why the switch from gold plated rhodium to palladium? isn't gold plated rhodium slightly better at holding a current than palladium.

Genesis Advocate Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Default Introducing the Precise Simplicity 18650 by Super-T!

To my understanding, palladium is half the price of rhodium, therefore adding to the bargain value of the simplicity line.

It's just as anti corrosive and gets the job done!
    Freckle and Larry Backsplash like this.
    The One & Only... The Original... The Nach™

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Yea I think it's easy to get carried away with the conductivity issue. Dropping a coil off your atty will make a way bigger difference than the added resistivity of palladium to rhodium
    Red Socks / LR Striped Underpants / Beige Cotton Pants / White Linen Shirt / SS mesh suspenders

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I doubt the difference is even measurable as the plating is really, really thin.

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Yea that's also a good point Blix. I've wondered about that in the past as I've bought nickel plated brass screws from an electronic parts shop. I know bugger all about electronics, but was curious as to how much current goes around the outside (nickel) compared to the bulk of brass. Does the majority take the easy way and flow around the sides or does it get pushed evenly through the whole piece. I'd assume that it travels through the whole piece, but the segments of current that go through the nickel obviously travel faster
    Red Socks / LR Striped Underpants / Beige Cotton Pants / White Linen Shirt / SS mesh suspenders

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Electrons flow on the outside if I remember correctly. That's why multistrand wire conducts better than solid per given gauge. So the plating is what the current flows on.

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran forcedfuel50's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shean View Post
    just curious why the switch from gold plated rhodium to palladium? isn't gold plated rhodium slightly better at holding a current than palladium.
    The Simplicity was created with affordability in mind, yet still offer features mods twice its price don't offer (like Precious Metal Plating). Currently, Rhodium is at about 1500 and ounce and Palladium is at 750 an ounce, which offers some cost savings while still providing a non-corrosive/non oxidizing coating. Compared to Silver at 28 an ounce (which is corrosive and 4 times less hard then Palladium), the Palladium still comes out way ahead. The electrical current is unaffected, a platings job is not to carry the current (it's under .001 thick and the electricity passes through), that is handled by the brass underneath, the plating provides a non corrosive, non oxidizing contact to provide consistent connection.

good answer thanks

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast