Introducing the Precise Strata RDA - Page 216
Page 216 of 277 FirstFirst ... 116166206212213214215216217218219220226266 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,160 of 2770
Like Tree6069Likes

Thread: Introducing the Precise Strata RDA

Quote Originally Posted by Nach View Post
    The original Nach-wrap would cover that, basically using two separate pieces of silica, and one piece of wire. It resembles sort of a vape swastika! But basically lets you put four legs of wick into the well.
    You have a pic? I didn't see anything when I searched?
    Tinben and Cucco like this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

The original Nach-wrap would cover that, basically using two separate pieces of silica, and one piece of wire. It resembles sort of a vape swastika! But basically lets you put four legs of wick into the well.
    Quote Originally Posted by weinstrauss View Post
    You can sign up @ NachCoilBuilds.com Free basic builds--$29.99 for the advanced course/includes the Ophion coil...
    schismz, Tinben, anavidfan and 2 others like this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Ravenscroft's Avatar

Would it be a good thing to have the centre post as a two piece post so that vertical coils could be installed easier ie (higher up to eliminate a probable hot leg)?

I have some thoughts in regard to vortices about this but will have to wait until I get one at least, I guess. It has been so long a wait already.

Yep, fluid dynamics and vortex creation using chamber geometry.

I am not being funny here and I mean this seriously.

RC
    Cucco and Jay Gee like this.

Full Member Verified Member

Received my P+ Stratas yesterday Thank you. It is not an easy atomizer to build on. However I find vapour production satisfying and the flavour very good. I really like the feel of the draw on it. I am happy that I did not cancel my Ela Strata orders. With all the different and very strong opinions flying around about this atomizer, I am glad that I held off and tried it out to make my own mind and opinion up about it.
    It does take a little bit of experimenting to find the coil positions that work right for you, but when you find the sweet spot it is a very good vape. It took me a few hours of trial and error to find something that worked for me, but that has been the same with nearly every atomizer I have bought.
    Look forward to trying the Ela version thanks again.
    Cucco likes this.

Genesis Advocate Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by weinstrauss View Post
    Ask and you shall receive!

The One & Only... The Original... The Nach™

Ask and you shall receive!

Thanks that makes a lot more sense now!

Super Member ECF Veteran prof beard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by duke916 View Post
    Received my P+ Stratas yesterday Thank you. It is not an easy atomizer to build on. However I find vapour production satisfying and the flavour very good. I really like the feel of the draw on it. I am happy that I did not cancel my Ela Strata orders. With all the different and very strong opinions flying around about this atomizer, I am glad that I held off and tried it out to make my own mind and opinion up about it.
    It does take a little bit of experimenting to find the coil positions that work right for you, but when you find the sweet spot it is a very good vape. It took me a few hours of trial and error to find something that worked for me, but that has been the same with nearly every atomizer I have bought.
    Look forward to trying the Ela version thanks again.
    And what did you find worked for you?
    Cucco likes this.
    I won't slave for beggar's pay, likewise gold and jewels, but I would slave to learn the way
    to sink your ship of fools

Full Member Verified Member

Just run of the mill dual micro coils and cotton mounted horizontally at 0.8 ohms. I kept the coils slightly above the deck and as close to the edge as possible without touching the side walls of the top cap.
    Cucco likes this.

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran forcedfuel50's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenscroft View Post
    Would it be a good thing to have the centre post as a two piece post so that vertical coils could be installed easier ie (higher up to eliminate a probable hot leg)?

I RC
    During prototyping and beta testing, we actually had a taller center post with a shorter screw on helix post which would have suited you well. During the final run, I decided to go with the flush design of the center post and a longer helix but I can see where some would find a taller one advantageous to that coil style without having to extend your coil legs.
    Cucco likes this.

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran forcedfuel50's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by guruguhan View Post
    So I only have some 33 gauge and 36 gauge Nichrome around (and wick and cotton) - I usually go for a 1.4ohm build on the dripper I usually use. I don't have a meter handy...what kind of build should I go for? (didn't get around to it last night)

Where on the atty do you put the probes of your meter to measure the resistance of the Strata anyways (on my other attys I just use one of those resistance meters with a 510 connection)...
    Are you a cloud chaser or flavor guy? Maybe start with a single coil to get your feet wet and then build a single or dual 360 degree coil if you like more vapor. I test the ohms as installed and put the probes right on the posts. You can also test at the bottom of positive post and one probe on outer base but there's no significant difference in reading.
    snork, Danielsuzuki and Cucco like this.