Introducing the Precise Strata RDA - Page 277
Page 277 of 277 FirstFirst ... 177227267273274275276277
Results 2,761 to 2,770 of 2770
Like Tree6069Likes

Thread: Introducing the Precise Strata RDA

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran forcedfuel50's Avatar

Looking good Durty D! Quite the uniform build, you have skills...
    Cucco and Durty D like this.

Senior Member Verified Member

Thanks David! I enjoy working with 24ga. Until I poke a hole in my finger. That always happens haha!
    MODS - Ti 18500 Simplicity, 18650 Simplicity, 26650 Simplicity, ELA V2, WH18500, Ti ELA
    ATTYS - Origen V2, Hobo V2.1, Strata, REF GEN, Hydra V2, Hellfire Mini Mega, Zenith V2, Aqua

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Ravenscroft's Avatar

I was re-coiling my strata the other day and wondered why the centre post would not tighten and then the whole inner positive connection bit fell out.

That is the black plastic bit with the post. I put it back in and banged it on the desk and it is sort of staying there but I get a bit of seepage onto the battery (I can give it a bang on the desk to stop it)

My question is- Would it hurt to use some sort of adhesive around the black plastic bit to seal it against the metal juice container part?

I don't really want to send it back for repair as the USA is a long way for something like this if there is some other way to easily repair it.

Thanks in advance for any helpful suggestions.

It still works well with the occasional bang down.

RC

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I can't think of an easy safe fix. If I was desperate enough I might try a pinpoint heat source like a soldering iron to manipulate the plastic insulator but that would probably be a smelly failure. Sounds like a repair is in order.

Senior Member ECF Veteran Danielsuzuki's Avatar

I repaired a similar problem on a different atomizer made from the same materials using super glue. Sounds crazy, but I did the repair almost 8 months ago with no problems. I can tell you also that if you decide to ship it in, Dave and Co. Did a great job fixing the boogered up threads on the Strata I dropped.
    Super T Precise Workhorse 18650 & 18350, Super T Precise Simplicity 18500/Strata, Provari Mini V2/Z Atty Pro V2, Provari V1, Provape1v2, Smoktech Natural/RSST,
    Kanger Evod(s), TW Titan-T... So far.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Danielsuzuki View Post
    I repaired a similar problem on a different atomizer made from the same materials using super glue. Sounds crazy, but I did the repair almost 8 months ago with no problems. I can tell you also that if you decide to ship it in, Dave and Co. Did a great job fixing the boogered up threads on the Strata I dropped.
    So Super Glue worked? That's the first thing to come to mind. No residual smells or anything?

I support the modmakers, not the counterfeiters.

Senior Member ECF Veteran Danielsuzuki's Avatar

None, though a little goes a long way! I let it dry out over night in front of a fan so it'd cure very well.
    snork likes this.
    Super T Precise Workhorse 18650 & 18350, Super T Precise Simplicity 18500/Strata, Provari Mini V2/Z Atty Pro V2, Provari V1, Provape1v2, Smoktech Natural/RSST,
    Kanger Evod(s), TW Titan-T... So far.

Thanks guys, I was wondering about good old Super Glue.

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran forcedfuel50's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenscroft View Post
    Thanks guys, I was wondering about good old Super Glue.
    If that doesn't work for you, keep in mind its covered under warranty and we can press in a new insulator for you, I know it can be a pain overseas to send it in, but if you have a mod too, you can send that in with it and we can freshen them both up for you at the same time.
    Nach likes this.

Thanks for that David and I will keep that in mind.

It is my ELA one with the problem but my P+ one is solid as a rock. I have dual genisis on the P+ and dual Micro's with cotton on the ELA.

They are both very unique vapes .

But so far I have found that tapping the base gently on my desk when changing batteries has worked so far and I haven't needed to hit the Super Glue as yet.

Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it.