P Plus questions. - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: P Plus questions.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Thalinor View Post
    I wish Super T would start selling tubes for the 18xxx mods so that people can swap them out to use different battery combinations. Atmomixani got it right with the Nemesis mod; give people the option to do several battery configurations with one mod. We pay enough for these things; why not give people options!?

I hate the tube gap/tube lock ring on the ELA mod [makes the mod look ugly IMO] which is why offering several tube sizes is a better option. The single tube S/P+ mods are sleek and sexy, I don't see how selling tubs for a reasonable price or including them in a $180 mod is such a hard thing. Not only would this help stock issues but it would simplify the growing number of mods on the Super T website. Why do people have to buy a completely new mod just to go from 18650 to 18350?

Again your only real competitor right now [taking into account build quality & production availability] got it right in this regard, I hope Super T considers the same business model.
    A big part of the reason is that the individual precise plus tubes are finished and prepped to the remaining parts. You know how everything just seems like it's all part of the same single thing, instead of a collection of parts that can be put together? That's due to the individual attention to detail Super-T gives each Precise Plus unit that goes out the door. Take it from someone who has picked up extra tubes for a Precise plus in the past during the rare occasions they've gone up for sale. It's still a fantastic unit with spare parts put together, and is in line as far as quality is concerned to Super-T's closest competitors, but if you compare a Precise Plus with a "spare" tube to the original tube that came with it, it's not quite the same - and this is what set's the Precise Plus apart from other PV's. I'm speculating here, but I think this level of attention to detail, and pride in a "perfect" unit is why David has hesitated to offer spare tubes for the Precise Plus line.

This of course may all change now that the machining is done in house, since there has not been a run of Precise Pluses since that was outsourced.
    tnt56 likes this.

PV Master* Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I ordered an extra kicklet cap for the 18??? Series. The threading is just a tad bit scratchy when I put it on any of my P+. I think that can be cured with a nice soft toothbrush and some soap and waster.
    Started vaping on 09/05/2012
    If I stumble and fall, I will get back up. I will never ever give up!

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I hate the tube gap/tube lock ring on the ELA mod [makes the mod look ugly IMO] which is why offering several tube sizes is a better option. Why do people have to buy a completely new mod just to go from 18650 to 18350?
    I am just the opposite.... I love the gap on the ELA...makes the mod look unique IMO... Plus in 18490/Kicked mode the gap is where I hold the mod with my thumb/forefinger...gives you a secure area to grip.......
    tnt56 likes this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by tnt56 View Post
    I ordered an extra kicklet cap for the 18??? Series. The threading is just a tad bit scratchy when I put it on any of my P+. I think that can be cured with a nice soft toothbrush and some soap and waster.
    And some Noalox...........

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Noalox goes without saying. I use it in almost everything.
    Riverboat likes this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I'm just patiently waiting for all the ELA's to ship so Super-T can re-stock the P+ and/or Simplicity. I've been stalking the website for months and following the ELA thread to see when it (the ELA) settles down. No doubt the ELA is a Super-Fine Super-T mod but I passed on it because (OK I might be wierd) I did not completely like the looks of it and if I was gonna spend that much money I'd want to be 100% happy with it function-wise and looks-wise.
    tnt56 likes this.

Watts do not matter. Its all about wire temperature.

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MikeE3 View Post
    I'm just patiently waiting for all the ELA's to ship so Super-T can re-stock the P+ and/or Simplicity. I've been stalking the website for months and following the ELA thread to see when it (the ELA) settles down. No doubt the ELA is a Super-Fine Super-T mod but I passed on it because (OK I might be wierd) I did not completely like the looks of it and if I was gonna spend that much money I'd want to be 100% happy with it function-wise and looks-wise.
    You ain't strange.. Your like me. I want an 18350 P+ to complete my collection. And the ELA is supurb IMHO.
    MikeE3 likes this.

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran forcedfuel50's Avatar

I would also love to pick up a P+ 18650 if they ever make it back in stock. I wish Super T would start selling tubes for the 18xxx mods so that people can swap them out to use different battery combinations. Atmomixani got it right with the Nemesis mod; give people the option to do several battery configurations with one mod. We pay enough for these things; why not give people options!?
    We would if we could make them, but our demand vs our machine capacity doesn't allow us. Our machine runs non stop pretty much and we have trouble keeping up with just regular orders, let alone machining spare parts. What we need is another machine which we hope to bring in in the future. Rest assured, it isn't some evil plot to limit numbers like I always read customers posting about on all these specialty mods on the market.

Many customers just don't understand the machine times involved, especially on Super T Products. Theres more machine time in a PrecisePlus locking button then many mods have in the entire mod. Same with the PrecisePlus tube, it isn't just a straight thru tube if you look in there, it has a divider machined in. With a divider like that, it takes more time as it becomes what is called a two operation piece (meaning we first have to machine one side, then flip the parts and machine the other).

On the ELA, there are 14 parts, many of them with much more complex and necessarily precise tolerances needed then any mod on the market by far so it just takes a butt load of machine time.
    Last edited by forcedfuel50; 01-14-2014 at 05:51 PM.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by forcedfuel50 View Post
    so it just takes a butt load of machine time.
    Why isn't this in the marketing details on the site? I think people want to know about the butt load of machine time.
    snork, anavidfan and tnt56 like this.
    HauntedMyst - Made out of 100% Recycled Awesome!
    A tattoo on a beautiful woman is like putting a bumper sticker on a Ferrari

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

If you watch the video of the ELA being machined you can understand the time involved in just the tube alone. Lots going on with that CNC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    snork likes this.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast