POLL: 26650 Simplicity? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: POLL: 26650 Simplicity?

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Nay for me as I like all my mods to use 18xxx series batteries only.......

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Riverboat View Post
    Nay for me as I like all my mods to use 18xxx series batteries only.......
    I would need a new charger...any other reason for your allegiance to 18xxx batteries?

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by guruguhan View Post
    I would need a new charger...any other reason for your allegiance to 18xxx batteries?
    I had a 26650 Shockwave + the batteries and charger.. I found that I didn't use it all that much... It was to big as a carry mod IMO... A friend really wanted it, so rather then just let it sit I passed it on to a good home..... Why my allegiance to 18xxx batteries?
    The 18350 is the smallest size that is acceptable for me in a mod (I rarely use an 18350) 18490 is my favorite size, but if I plan to be out all day then an 18650 is the way to go.... If all my mods use the 18xxx series batteries then I only need 3 pairs of batteries to meet all my vaping needs, that way I don't have a bunch of different battery sizes siting around getting old....plus the fact that they can be all charged with just one charger...My PILA
    I am not a mod collector so I only keep the ones I use...
    My current lineup:
    1 Satin ELA, 1 Polished ELA (coming soon), 1 Satin Provari/Green LED, and 1 ZNA by House Of Hybrids that will be delivered tomorrow..... All 18xxx series mods....
    Last edited by Riverboat; 03-13-2014 at 05:22 PM.

ECF Veteran

Pretty sure he said it was a simplicity 26650 specifically. I haven't seen a mention of a strata for it, or if there would be any significant differences between it and the other simplicity models. I admit, I'm not interested in purchasing one, but I'm sure other people would love it.

ECF Veteran

Now I'm starting to question whether I want one...

So I'm looking at the AW batteries over on Super T, and i see that a 26650 AW IMR is available with 3500mAh and there is a Trustfire with 5000mAh. I didn't realize a protected AW 18650 went all the way up to 3400mAh(!)....I was thinking 2000mAh. The difference is much smaller than I thought.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Now I'm starting to question whether I want one...

So I'm looking at the AW batteries over on Super T, and i see that a 26650 AW IMR is available with 3500mAh and there is a Trustfire with 5000mAh.
    Those blue IMR 26650 3500mAh are not AW brand.... they are a generic battery.... And the biggest AW IMR 18650's are 2000mAh... The ones you looked at: AW P18650 3400mAh are the protected ones... Different chemistry..... So for comparison sake you must compare the 2 IMR mAh ratings....18650 IMR 2000 mAh vs 26650 IMR 3500 mAh, big difference in run times.... With my vaping style a 2000 mAh 18650 battery has enough capacity to get me through a full day + of vaping... That's running with a Kick2... Now if I was a sub ohm vapor I might like the added mAh's of a 26650...
    Last edited by Riverboat; 03-13-2014 at 05:03 PM.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Riverboat View Post
    Those blue IMR 26650 3500mAh are not AW brand.... they are a generic battery.... And the biggest AW IMR 18650's are 2000mAh... The ones you looked at: AW P18650 3400mAh are the protected ones... Different chemistry.....
    Ah ok...so in Super T PVs...to date I've been using AW IMRs. Is there anything wrong with the generic batteries or the protected batteries for use in ELAs/Simplicities?

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Ah ok...so in Super T PVs...to date I've been using AW IMRs. Is there anything wrong with the generic batteries or the protected batteries for use in ELAs/Simplicities?
    Protected one are ok but if you run a Kick2 or sub ohm setup then I would think the IMR batteries with safer chemistry + higher amp ratings would be the way to go.... the generic blue batteries, David has tested them to be a good option in the 26650 size since AW doesn't make 26650's anymore...
    Last edited by Riverboat; 03-13-2014 at 05:28 PM.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I would be all over it if sony would update their 50 amp 26650 so it actually has some capacity. Why? Because I want a 10ml atty to slap on top of it.
    Spent vaping: ~$1040
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkita6
    Morally upstanding Beings DO NOT debate, and discuss morality, THEY LIVE IT.

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran forcedfuel50's Avatar

Yes, we've designed a Simplicity 26650, kind of looks like the Shockwave a bit. May have my machinist do a small trial run here in not too long.
    AaronY, anavidfan, Nach and 3 others like this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast