How did you quit smoking cigarettes?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How did you quit smoking cigarettes?

Super Member ECF Veteran whatagem's Avatar

Default How did you quit smoking cigarettes?

I've heard a lot of people say they quit "accidentally" while testing out e-cigs. I wanna hear from people trying to quit smoking--or have quit smoking.
    For me, it's taking some getting used to. I'm still smoking as usual, but I've noticed during times of chain smoking, if I make it a point to use my e-cig and have it ready, it's quite satisfying. Even just holding it my mouth helps cut down on cigs. As a result, all my carts have teeth marks! Though after a while, I get that "I need a REAL cigarette" feeling and cave in.

I wanna quit for real. I'd like to hear from anyone in this position.

While I'm at it--what is dripping? I see it referred to, but still uncerratin what it is exactly.

Thanks everyone for the feedback

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

If you're going to use vaping as a quitting tool, just try to do what I did. Make up your mind that you are going to quit and just do it it and vape. Deal with the cravings, they happen, but vaping is ENOUGH to make it happen and give you the will power. We get to puff and blow fake smoke and we get our nicotine. I mean what more can we ask for? It's NOT easy, but it's NOT as hard as anything else I've tried. Love it!

Super Member ECF Veteran whatagem's Avatar

oh whoops! I'm such a dum-dum. I had posted a similar question, didn't realize my instant notifications were getting sent to my spam folder. I just assumed no one had replied to my other thread! Sorry about that, everyone. I've been having PC-dumbness for a few days now!

V-V
    Blog Entries

I planned to replace smoking with e-cigs and that's exactly what I did. I haven't touched a smoke since.

Today I was around someone smoking and while it smelled good to me, I had no desire to have one. Now, the smoke smelled good, but the stale smoke in the house and on the clothing was way yuck.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I smoke analogs and vap. I started out allowing myself 10 analogs a day. Found out I don't even need 10 a day. I am slowing needing less analogs everyday. I tried to vap only and couldn't do it. I am getting there,I just need more time than others.

I will not whip myself over this. I am taking one day at a time. I feel its a miracle for me to get this far. Everyone is amazed I can do this. My husband still smokes analogs. My co worker smoke around me. They are amazed that I sit and vap. So I will get there soon.
    Dripping is droping two or three drops of e-liquid on the atomizer. It helps with vapor and taste.
    Last edited by rejoice; 04-14-2009 at 02:39 AM.

Moved On

I quit analog cigarettes three days after starting to vape. That was 45+ days ago. I started off with very high nicotine smoking juices so I likely was getting more than my normal amount. I have throttled back a bit from 36mg/ml to either 24mg/ml and 18mg/ml.
    Last edited by breakfastchef; 04-14-2009 at 02:55 AM.

Super Member ECF Veteran booboo's Avatar

Buy your last pack and when you're out, switch over.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

I'm new to e-cigs...only been 6 days, but I'm not new to trying to quit smoking.. in fact I might hold the record. Tried everything from hypnosis to Chantix, nothing worked until now. I found that the e-cigs satisfed my urge to smoke that's what was missing in all my other attempts. I fully expected to wean myself off analogs gradually but surprisingly I just don't have the desire for them, in the past 6 days I have only had 4 analogs and find each one less and less satisfying. I found this to be my easiest attempt to quit yet..6 days and I have not become a homicidal maniac that is amazing.

The Vapor Pope ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Default How did I quit smoking?

Tried the ePuffer EAZE.... cut down by 1/2 for one day then batteries ..... the bed! Another month on the anologs. Ordered and received the Vapor King... sat the entire day vaping away happily while looking at that stupid pack of Marb Menthols. Second day... gave away said pack of Marb Menthols.... been vaping the King for 4 days, 24mg Mint carts. Couldnt care less about cigarettes!
    My best,
    -VP
    "Politics will run the world, religion will ruin it" - Vapor Pete

Senior Member ECF Veteran

1st day vaping cut my analog use in half. After that I kept waiting for the magic to kick in but in the end I smoked 4 analogs a day until I was out. I was pretty concerned that my 1st day without analogs was going to be hell but here I am 17 days later still analog free. Even popped by my old cig store to let the owner know why he would not be seeing me around much. (Though he says he is going to get the e-cigs so I guess I will be stopping by again)

For me it was really about the committment and I have to say that it helps not having the smell of cigarettes and dirty ashtrays in the house.
    It was kind of weird at 1st when I would think about having an analog while I was blowing vapor but that has passed.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast